Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Come off it.
    seriously

i guess you joe cole lovers were pleased to see a decent performance by him today, i'm glad he's picked himself up. sturridge also looks in good knick. lampard however...oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    btw notice how we got 2 quick goals when we changed to 4-3-3?

take a hint, Carlo.

ReputationRep:
    How was Carvalho today? Could only go by the radio for this match. :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    How was Carvalho today? Could only go by the radio for this match. :/
    he could have lost us the game. made a horrendous pass back to Cech who brilliantly denied Zamora from putting them 2-0 up.

prefer Alex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    he could have lost us the game. made a horrendous pass back to Cech who brilliantly denied Zamora from putting them 2-0 up.

prefer Alex.
    I thought I was alone in preferring Alex. Sell him to Inter and free up some cash.

ReputationRep:
    Sell Carvalho to Arsenal kplz.

ReputationRep:
    Can you imagine if Liverpool failed to qualify for Europe completely for the next season? I think that would constitute a new word - Livercrumble. I doubt it will happen but I'm preparing for a huge crumble whoever it will be.
    Why not?

They struggle even with Torres and Gerrard, never mind without them. 4-2-3-1 sain Alonso has a momumental weakness which is just crowding out the edge of the box. Unless Aquilani is a revelation I can't see them storming 5 win streaks regularly, so they'll have to settle for us slipping up and then capitalising on that.

Now normally its just a case of the top 4 team doing better than the pretender (Villa vs Arse, Everton vs Pool, Spurs vs Arse etc) but this season we will have safety in numbers. When there is 3 teams there is less pressure and scrutiny on one but there will be an equal amount on 'Pool. So if they are waiting for us to slip up they'll need for each team to slip up once for them to gain 3 points on 4th itself, but if they then slip up they lose effectively 9 points (This makes sense in my head). So any gains they make are cut by a third and any losses at their own doing are multiplied by 3 in relation to previous seasons. Also remember they need to go to United, Arsenal, Villa and City.

I'm not saying they won't do it, but I think its more likely they won't than they will.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Why not?
    Experience and a lack of optimism. Not so much because I want Liverpool out of European competition completely, but changes to the 'perceived order' are often hyped up and it's back to the usual routine. They also have experienced players and I think that will play a big part when crunch-time is due.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Sell Carvalho to Arsenal kplz.
    Exchange for Nasri or Fabregas. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Throw in drogba then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Throw in drogba then
    Drogba in a January one month loan deal.

ReputationRep:
    prefer Arshavin to Nasri, wouldn't really fit into our pathetic diamond formation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    prefer Arshavin to Nasri, wouldn't really fit into our pathetic diamond formation.
    Anyone creative will do.

ReputationRep:
    Surprised at some of the Carvalho hate, still one the best defenders in the league for me, streaks ahead of Alex. The only thing Alex has ahead of him is strength.

I'd happily swap Nasri for Carvalho lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by T.Adams VI)
    Throw in drogba then
    Drogba needs no throwing. . .

ReputationRep:
    Carvalho is Chelsea's best all round defender imho. Don't get the hating tbf... I'd take him in a heartbeat, but wouldn't be able to part with Gallas :love:

ReputationRep:
    5 points from 9 then? Very lucky, deserved 3 maximum and even those 3 were somewhat fortunate

ReputationRep:
    :snow::snow::snow::snow: bobble :snow::snow::snow::snow: bobble ping crap hoof zing

ReputationRep:
    Mancienne's first decent game for Wolves then... from central midfield. According to McCarthy he was their man of the match.

ReputationRep:
    :snow::snow::snow::snow: bobble :snow::snow::snow::snow: bobble ping crap hoof zing
    someone's a bit bored

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.