Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Vidic would prefer it to be Drogba too :top:
    really, lol - torres was a joke, drogba was your best threat and you took him off, good job.

ReputationRep:
    ancelotti made a massive an error by playing torres with drogba. you either play drogba with anelka, or torres with anelka. i think he should have started with torres and introduce drogba later. what a freaking idiot. i m so pissed off. we need to buy alexandro pato

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    really, lol - torres was a joke, drogba was your best threat and you took him off, good job.
    I'm not a Chelsea fan...

ReputationRep:
    torres shuds have smacked that overhead into the goal in the 1st half
    evra shud have been sent off- he clearly lost control and made a mess of that tackle in the p.area

we got robbed, however, chelsea were kinda slacking overall, i.e passin, long range shooting and they only stepped it up properly at the end

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I feel a bit sorry for Torres tbh
    why? he made his bed, now he can lie in it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polar Dude)
    torres shuds have smacked that overhead into the goal in the 1st half
    evra shud have been sent off- he clearly lost control and made a mess of that tackle in the p.area

we got robbed, however, chelsea were kinda slacking overall, i.e passin, long range shooting and they only stepped it up properly at the end

:facepalm:
    Torres is shocking..

Okay, i'll give it to you..it was a Pen, but Chelsea didnt play all that well tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I supported Chelsea for this game and I can't believe how worked up I got over the game. Chelsea played embarrassingly badly, it must suck to support them at the moment. You must get angry watching them play? 4-4-2 simply does not work and I'm not sure if it was cause or effect but Essien and Lampard were atrocious. It improved a bit with Mikel but there was just no creativity whatsoever. You definitely need someone like Benayoun, he should be coming back soon? I'm supporting Schalke now, lolz.
    Just you jump ship to whoever you feel like is currently doing best aye, bloody Bolton fans, cannae trust 'em

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    I feel a bit sorry for Torres tbh
    Don't be ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    I supported Chelsea for this game and I can't believe how worked up I got over the game. Chelsea played embarrassingly badly, it must suck to support them at the moment. You must get angry watching them play? 4-4-2 simply does not work and I'm not sure if it was cause or effect but Essien and Lampard were atrocious. It improved a bit with Mikel but there was just no creativity whatsoever. You definitely need someone like Benayoun, he should be coming back soon? I'm supporting Schalke now, lolz.
    yep. It's awful atm. Essien and lamps did absolutely nothing. Ergh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jakemittle)
    Torres is shocking..

Okay, i'll give it to you..it was a Pen, but Chelsea didnt play all that well tbh
    it really disappoints me coz the champs league was our only chance of silverware
    how the **** are we meant to beat man u at old trafford- they havent lost there since least season :facepalm:

torres :mad: fix up and look sharp

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    You must get angry watching them play?
    Not angry, just frustrated, has been the case since November.

ReputationRep:

lol LOOKS OUTSIDE THE AREA TO ME!

ReputationRep:
    :manutd:

ReputationRep:
    We were awful tonight, however, getting robbed of a blatant penalty is a bitter pill to swallow but such is life. We never get any luck in Europe but tbh we didn't deserve an equaliser.

I'm getting a bit fed up of the stick that Torres is getting, based mainly on his price tag as far as I'm concerned. yes, he hasn't exactly set the world alight yet but hes been improving with every game. At least tonight his movement was better and he was direct and prepared to run at people, unlike half the team. Not to mention only being denied a goal by the post and a superb Van Der Sar save. Admittedly he's not at the top of his game but he's not playing that badly.

Bosingwa was awful again, not only his positioning defensively which was showcased more than once, not least for the goal where he was caught ballwatching, but also going forward, his crossing was terrible yet again. Malouda and Anelka have become nothing players for us, they add nothing to the team atm.

Our attack was far too lethargic and laboured for long spells, players constantly checking inside, rather than beating their man and getting to the touchline and putting balls into the box. It's nights like tonight, when we come up against a good counter attacking unit, where we miss players like Arjen Robben.

It's not all doom and gloom, we're still in the tie but we're going have to improve at Old Trafford. Getting an early goal will be crucial.

So frustrating to be a Chelsea fan right now, especially after I thought we'd turned the corner...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)

lol LOOKS OUTSIDE THE AREA TO ME!

Ramires' foot is on the line, and on the line means penalty. Also, clear goalscoring opportunity (is through on goal, no one in front of Ramires or Evra), red card even if it is a free-kick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polar Dude)
    it really disappoints me coz the champs league was our only chance of silverware
    how the **** are we meant to beat man u at old trafford- they havent lost there since least season :facepalm:

torres :mad: fix up and look sharp
    We were the last team to beat them there. I guess stay optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by predius)
    Ramires' foot is on the line, and on the line means penalty. Also, clear goalscoring opportunity (is through on goal, no one in front of Ramires or Evra), red card even if it is a free-kick.
    As far as I am aware, where the players foot is doesn't matter. Where the foul took place is what matters. From that image, if you take that as a foul (I don't think it was), then it is outside the area as that is where the contact seems to have been.

Obviously the ref wouldn't have had such a clear view as that image, so you can see why it would have been a hard decision. And if he is not 100% sure about it, then the right call is to not give it.

As for Torres - could easily have had 2 yellows for diving.

ReputationRep:
    I really can't stand Bosingwa anymore. I wish we can start Alex as centreback next time and shift Ivanovic to the right. Bosingwa should have been able to deal with that cross. Despite the diving, Torres is showing signs of improvement. Regarding Evra, I don't mind penalty or freekick as long as he got red. With someone like Fabio playing at leftnack for the 2nd leg would have been so useful. Jesus Christ though, it was weird how Rafael got injured trying to block off Drogba like that. That sucks. Had Torres scored that Bicycle kick when he did that skill and passed to Zhirkov for the return. Would have been quality. And dang. Valencia played better at right than Rafael.

ReputationRep:
    Considering Evra was our worst player for most of the match, I wouldn't really have minded if he had got the red card.

Ancelotti help United out a fiar bit though, taking of the most dangerous player and leaving on Torres, nice.

ReputationRep:
    Contact does not equal the foul. The foul can happen later. It was and should of been a penalty. I don't even know why people are arguing otherwise :lolwut:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.