Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    We were the last team to beat them there. I guess stay optimistic.
    true true. but are we really on the same form as last year when we beat them?

then again... you never know

ReputationRep:
    I just don't know why Torres AND Drogba both started ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    one or the other at OT then?

surprised Anelka didnt start tbh

ReputationRep:
    Dunno either, we should just start with one of the two up top. Kalou and Anelka on either side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Polar Dude)
    true true. but are we really on the same form as last year when we beat them?

then again... you never know
    I guess not. But we can but hope....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sangha236)
    I really can't stand Bosingwa anymore. I wish we can start Alex as centreback next time and shift Ivanovic to the right. Bosingwa should have been able to deal with that cross. Despite the diving, Torres is showing signs of improvement. Regarding Evra, I don't mind penalty or freekick as long as he got red. With someone like Fabio playing at leftnack for the 2nd leg would have been so useful. Jesus Christ though, it was weird how Rafael got injured trying to block off Drogba like that. That sucks. Had Torres scored that Bicycle kick when he did that skill and passed to Zhirkov for the return. Would have been quality. And dang. Valencia played better at right than Rafael.
    Totally agreed. Bosingwa's positioning for that goal was a joke...Ivanovic is better, even off form...

ReputationRep:
    I think I'd rather see Torres and Anelka play at OT. Pace on the counter attack imo

ReputationRep:
    The only way that will work is if you play:

...........Torres....Drogba..... ......
    Winger.......................... ..Winger
    ..............Eissen..Raimeres.. ........
    A.Cole.......................... ......Ivanovic
    .............Terry........Luiz.. .............
    ....................Cech........ .............

You currently have no right wingers and I dont think Malouda or Zhirkov are suited/able to play in such a 4-4-2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    I think I'd rather see Torres and Anelka play at OT. Pace on the counter attack imo
    You do realise you have to score..? And ideally you'd score 2.

Utd have one of the best defences in the country (if not in the world) and they will only commit 3 to 4 players forward at a time (who have enough quality to rip you apart on the counter btw).

You need to pen them in, nulify the counter and score early.

Once you've scored (or scored two) the counter would be the best way.

ReputationRep:
    It's madness.

Torres has never been able to play with a partner upfront.

ReputationRep:
    So...Wigan Athletic...

ReputationRep:
    Very, very disappointing performance so far...:mad:

ReputationRep:
    we've been playing SO ****. godsake. the only highlight in that match was hoping torres'd get his goal and seeing benayoun try and play him in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Did Benayoun add some creativity when he came on?
    Yep. Massive improvement on Mikel... actually looked like he wanted to make something happen, and he did... put torres in on goal a couple've times. Looks like the two of them need to play together.

The entire team was static though. painful stuff.... this must be what it feels like to watch wigan week in week out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Yep. Massive improvement on Mikel... actually looked like he wanted to make something happen, and he did... put torres in on goal a couple've times. Looks like the two of them need to play together.

The entire team was static though. painful stuff.... this must be what it feels like to watch wigan week in week out.
    Benayoun was really help today! Him and Torres really need to play, Torres came close a few times via Benayoun through balls. Think Benayoun and Torres must play wednesday. Off the bench if not starting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barzy_j)
    malouda and benayoun to start on tuesday night for me, so too torres and drogba.. come on you blues!
    :lolwut:

Someone's been drinking tonight...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    :lolwut:

Someone's been drinking tonight...
    Either that or not watching the last few games :lolwut:

-------Cech----------
    Ivanovic--Alex-JT-Cole

Ramires--Essien--Lampard

Anelka--Drogba--Zhirkov

4-3-3 with this team, bit iffy on Alex cause of his fitness, but someone other than Bosingwa has to play at RB >_>

Ferreira looked good last night

ReputationRep:
    Guys, what happens when Daniel Sturridge, PvA, Bruma all return from loan? There's MacEacran, Bertrand too

I mean if we're selling and buying this season, I think we need to start getting Sturridge involved fantastic run of games at Bolton for him. JMac's class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Either that or not watching the last few games :lolwut:

-------Cech----------
    Ivanovic--Alex-JT-Cole

Ramires--Essien--Lampard

Anelka--Drogba--Zhirkov

4-3-3 with this team, bit iffy on Alex cause of his fitness, but someone other than Bosingwa has to play at RB >_>

Ferreira looked good last night
    Completely agree with that team to start. However, if we get to 60 minutes and things aren't working out I'd like to see Torres and Benayoun in tandem again.

There's no doubting the task we face tomorrow is huge, but we only need 2 goals at the end of the day. It would be typical if we finally come good, in a season where we've been quite frankly terrible.

Come on Chels!!

ReputationRep:
    Think Benayoun should play IMO, your midfield lacks that creative spark IMO and Benayoun's only the real player of providing that spark, very underrated. A 4-3-3 with Torres Anelka Malouda/Zhirkov with Benayoun Lampard and Essien/Mikel/Ramires for me

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.