Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Completely agree with that team to start. However, if we get to 60 minutes and things aren't working out I'd like to see Torres and Benayoun in tandem again.

There's no doubting the task we face tomorrow is huge, but we only need 2 goals at the end of the day. It would be typical if we finally come good, in a season where we've been quite frankly terrible.

Come on Chels!!
    Oh no doubt do I want to see Torres/Benayoun get a go, in 30 mins, Benayoun set up Torres 4 times!

Only reason we dont start Benayoun is cause he's not fit enough too. Atleast next season we have David Luiz available to play in the CL. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Either that or not watching the last few games :lolwut:

-------Cech----------
    Ivanovic--Alex-JT-Cole

Ramires--Essien--Lampard

Anelka--Drogba--Zhirkov
    I would have this team too. I also would not mind Benayoun and Torres replacing Drogba and Anelka in that line up.

The new Chelsea kit has been revealed. Click here for the link.

I kind of like it.

ReputationRep:
    IMO, Torres and Drogba were your biggest threats in the home leg.

Yossi loves playing with Torres. If you look to coutner attack though, your going to get beat. United are used to having teams try and hit them on the counter at home. You have to pressure them all over the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Yep, I'm guessing it's going to be the standard team which maccy posted except Malouda for Zhirkov.

Torres and Benayoun to come on sometime in the second half depending on the scoreline.

P.S where do you live iRush (or are you nocturnal like me :o:)
    Live in Dubai xD, so im only 3 hours ahead of the UK :P One of the few proper Chelsea supporters out here lol and in sixth form the only one xD Rest are Milan, Arsenal, Barca, United and Liverpool.

Malouda played 90 mins against Wigan, and Zhirkov was rested so I thought he might as well use Zhirkov's pace against O'Shea or Wes Brown.

(Original post by Sangha236)
    I would have this team too. I also would not mind Benayoun and Torres replacing Drogba and Anelka in that line up.

The new Chelsea kit has been revealed. Click here for the link.

I kind of like it.
    Yeah I wouldn't mind Torres and Benayoun taking those places. I like the new kit.

I would maybe bring on Kalou as well, so we can add even more pace to the team and get at United? Good? Bad?

ReputationRep:
    WBA away this weekend, looking forward to it!

ReputationRep:
    Skrew WBA. I'm looking forward to next season now. We should have beaten United Home and Away. I know Ancelotti doesn't deserve to be sacked. However if Abramovich does sack him, I hope he brings back Mourinho. Highly unlikely but meh.

Chelsea players deserve to lift the European cup. Still can't get that Terry penalty miss out of my head.

ReputationRep:
    Hhahahah MONEY CANT BUY YOU TROPHIES.

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    Skrew WBA. I'm looking forward to next season now. We should have beaten United Home and Away. I know Ancelotti doesn't deserve to be sacked. However if Abramovich does sack him, I hope he brings back Mourinho. Highly unlikely but meh.

Chelsea players deserve to lift the European cup. Still can't get that Terry penalty miss out of my head.
    Err, why exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Matty-)
    Err, why exactly?
    In the last 6 years we're hit 4 semi's, 1 final and one round of 16...how much more hard work do we need to get that bit of luck?

ReputationRep:
    I've scored more goals this past 3 months than Torres has... and i'm a goalkeeper :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    693 minutes for Chelsea :eek:
    7 games to go in the season, do you guys continue with him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    In the last 6 years we're hit 4 semi's, 1 final and one round of 16...how much more hard work do we need to get that bit of luck?
    So?

It's not about luck.

And you aren't the only team to get in the semi-finals of the CL consistently in the last decade or so.

Man United outclassed you in both legs.
    You weren't good enough to win.
    Accept it.
    Move on.
    Rebuild for next year.

But dont deem yourselves unlucky, you had chances and you didn't take them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vintage)
    I've scored more goals this past 3 months than Torres has... and i'm a goalkeeper :teeth:
    Gerrard and Riise have scored more goals for Chelsea as well :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Matty-)
    Err, why exactly?

(Original post by Lizzzle)
    So?

It's not about luck.

And you aren't the only team to get in the semi-finals of the CL consistently in the last decade or so.

Man United outclassed you in both legs.
    You weren't good enough to win.
    Accept it.
    Move on.
    Rebuild for next year.

But dont deem yourselves unlucky, you had chances and you didn't take them.
    It should have been Chelsea United final again the year after Terry's miss. Just lame referees cost us that match vs Barca. We were strong enough to beat United in the final then with Drogba on top form. We were robbed. Underestimating Monaco was our fault in 2004. But that Garcia goal in 2005 was unlucky. The ball clearly didn't go past the line. Del Horno got a red card vs Barca for bumpining into Messi by the corner flag in 2006. That was unfair. 2007 it was penalties in the semi final. Liverpool beat us fairly that time. 2008, it was Terry's fault. Could have been Drogba taking that penalty had he not slapped Vidic on the face. 2009 as I mentioned, robbed again by referees. 2010 we were just to weak, even I could not see Chelsea beat Inter. 2011, meh. Forwards have seemed to have lost it.

You can't say United outclassed us both legs. Was 50/50 games. Evra shouldn't have been playing 2nd leg. Once again, thanks to the brilliant referees he was. Nani makes a meal out of anything though. Fair enough Ramires did deserve a red but Nani is acting all the time. Like he broke his leg or something when Ramires touched him. He is always looking to get the players booked.

2012. It is the year. With Luiz in the starting line up. That is if we qualify and have not breaken the new Uefa breakeven rules.

ReputationRep:
    It should have been Chelsea United final again the year after Terry's miss. Just lame referees cost us that match vs Barca. We were strong enough to beat United in the final then with Drogba on top form. We were robbed. Underestimating Monaco was our fault in 2004. But that Garcia goal in 2005 was unlucky. The ball clearly didn't go past the line. Del Horno got a red card vs Barca for bumpining into Messi by the corner flag in 2006. That was unfair. 2007 it was penalties in the semi final. Liverpool beat us fairly that time. 2008, it was Terry's fault. Could have been Drogba taking that penalty had he not slapped Vidic on the face. 2009 as I mentioned, robbed again by referees. 2010 we were just to weak, even I could not see Chelsea beat Inter. 2011, meh. Forwards have seemed to have lost it.

You can't say United outclassed us both legs. Was 50/50 games. Evra shouldn't have been playing 2nd leg. Once again, thanks to the brilliant referees he was. Nani makes a meal out of anything though. Fair enough Ramires did deserve a red but Nani is acting all the time. Like he broke his leg or something when Ramires touched him. He is always looking to get the players booked.

2012. It is the year. With Luiz in the starting line up. That is if we qualify and have not breaken the new Uefa breakeven rules.
    You're so whiney and whingey as if the entire world is conspiring against you.
    Or as if you're the only club who aren't unlucky or have had bad decisions gone against them. Whilst pretending as if the decisions that have gone for you miraculously dont exist.
    It's football, you make your own luck.
    If you can only look back on "bad luck" and "bad decisions" as an excuse for you not succeeding then thats poor, really poor because no team is great by accident.

Besides you've got one of the most expensive squads in the world with the ability to buy more as and when you wish - surely thats a massive advantage over the teams you've played against who have no where near as many riches as you? Utd included.

ReputationRep:
    But that Garcia goal in 2005 was unlucky. The ball clearly didn't go past the line.
    Clearly?

Doesn't look clear cut to me.

If the ref never gave the goal, you'd of been down to 10 men and we'd of had a penalty. I think you got the luckier option to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway - Concentration needs to put on securing 3rd/2nd. Torres needs to be told, your not playing for the next game or so, go home and sleep. Team needs to push on and I can see people leaving this summer and some new faces in, thing is I don't know who will leave except for maybe Bosingwa and maybe Malouda. One of our strikers? Wouldn't mind Kalou starting a couple games, his performance against City was pretty decent. Think we need to use West Brom as a confidence booster, get some goals and more importantly a solid performance. JMac needs to be drafted in to the first team properly next season. As well as Daniel Sturridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lizzzle)
    You're so whiney and whingey as if the entire world is conspiring against you.
    Or as if you're the only club who aren't unlucky or have had bad decisions gone against them. Whilst pretending as if the decisions that have gone for you miraculously dont exist.
    It's football, you make your own luck.
    If you can only look back on "bad luck" and "bad decisions" as an excuse for you not succeeding then thats poor, really poor because no team is great by accident.

Besides you've got one of the most expensive squads in the world with the ability to buy more as and when you wish - surely thats a massive advantage over the teams you've played against who have no where near as many riches as you? Utd included.
    Im not whiney, whingey whatever. This is a place for us to sob. You don't see me go on Arsenal forums and rub salt into their wounds. We spent money in the wrong places. I did like Chelsea a lot more when they were not taken over so you know. Didn't have such high expectations.

Money spent from 92-2010. This doesn't include Torres and Luiz >,<. It is a lot. City have spent a lot too. Atleast we have won trophies unlike them though. But referee decisions do have an impact the game. Especially when one team is dominating and all decisions are going against them. True that they can just put one in the net and it wouldn't matter.

(Original post by L18)
    Clearly?

Doesn't look clear cut to me.

If the ref never gave the goal, you'd of been down to 10 men and we'd of had a penalty. I think you got the luckier option to be honest.
    End of the day it was play on, Liverpool carried on and missed.

Cudicini could have come on. Maybe he could have saved it. Had he saved maybe Mourinho could have masterminded a win.

ReputationRep:
    End of the day it was play on, Liverpool carried on and missed.
    IT was only play on if their was an advantage. The advantage was that we scored.

The Ref has come out and said he would of sent Cech off and awarded the pen, had it not gone in.

I believe Chelsea would have preferred the goal to count rather than face a penalty with just ten men for the rest of the game.

"If my assistant referee had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Petr Cech."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/media-watch/referee-i-did-chelsea-a-favour - From the People, 8th May, 2005.
    Cudicini could have come on. Maybe he could have saved it. Had he saved maybe Mourinho could have masterminded a win.
    That's a lot of maybes.

I'd say conceeding a penalty and having your star GK sent off, is worse than conceeding a goal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    IT was only play on if their was an advantage. The advantage was that we scored.

The Ref has come out and said he would of sent Cech off and awarded the pen, had it not gone in.

That's a lot of maybes.

I'd say conceeding a penalty and having your star GK sent off, is worse than conceeding a goal.
    If that was the case it was better off he just got sent off. Least we had a chance to save the penalty. Though odds were against us. Skrew it. It's happened. Like you said, a lot of maybes. Liverpool went on to win with a classic comeback in the final. Which was great to watch. Kudos to Liverpool. It's conceding btw.

All fans want their teams to do well but skrew it. Wait for next year now.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.