Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    When Torres gets off the mark and is back enjoying his football again he'll be back to his best. He's having a tough time of it since the World Cup though. Hopefully the return of Benayoun can make the difference. I think it will but really, can you drop Drogba when he's playing so well?

ReputationRep:
    He's only played well for about 2 games in the previous 10 though. It's annoying that now they have nothing to play for, they put in a great performance against a pretty decent side in good form.

ReputationRep:
    I think we'll stick to the same team and bring on Torres/Benayoun much earlier, but I think we might see a surprise in Benayoun starting tomorrow. Just want Torres to score tomorrow I dont care if we win 1-0 lol

ReputationRep:
    Benyaoun's always been a good player, my old man was going on about what a quality buy he was.. Truth is I think he is a quality player, only problem with Benyaoun was that he was injured for the majority of this season, a bit of pity.. But next season will be our season lads!

ReputationRep:
    Our coach anchelloti conceded the title yesterday , takes the pressure of the players. the title is not in our hands however look at it this way ;

united are not playing well for a team thats top and favourites to win the title , I can see them drawing or loosing to everton , tough games against arsenal and chelsea.

If chelsea beat birmingham tommorow the gap will be 6 points with 5 games.

We can still win the title

ReputationRep:
    lol I like what Ancelotti said BUT

If we beat Birmingham tonight, gap is close to 6 points and if Arsenal loose we take 2nd. If Arsenal draw, and we win, we're 6 points behind United and 1 behind Arsenal and if we beat United cut that too 3 points, interesting last few games. I like my Arsenal friends are saying its Chelsea for 2nd, thats how inconsistent they know their team is XD

So...feeling for tonight? I think same team will start but Torres and Benayoun to come on together EARLIER, maybe get a goal. I hope he scores tonight, I really do.

ReputationRep:
    never thought i'd say this but COYS!

ReputationRep:
    Well done guys, 2-0 up! Kalou is making a case!

All this needs really is Nando to score.

ReputationRep:
    boom. what a waste of money torres was. should have got neymar, aguero or alexandro pato or two of these guys for 50mil.lol.

ReputationRep:
    Drogba was imperious again, Kalou's goal was brilliantly taken and was nice to see Bertrand get on in the second half and even more so to set up a goal for Malouda.

Shame about David Luiz Pen, he really needs to eradicate that from his game...

ReputationRep:
    Luiz will learn, he needs to be way more careful defending within the box.

Oof 2nd place, that does make me feel better. Now if only we beat Man Utd, and they lose another one of their games hmmmm....

ReputationRep:
    lets hope we can win it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Luiz will learn in time, good learning experience this run in for him.

Better and Stronger next season. Right Im slightly biased towards Ferreira lol but he played very well last night! Right winger more than anything in that first half and some quality crosses. Hope he stays, puts in a solid performance every time he plays!

ReputationRep:
    What areas in the squad need to be revamped this summer? You guys reckon the existing squad is good enough to win the league or CL next season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    What areas in the squad need to be revamped this summer? You guys reckon the existing squad is good enough to win the league or CL next season?
    Well...as we've been saying all season, we need a right winger, Kalou has been doing well in the last couple of games, if can continue this goal scoring form and skill he could be good enough to start? But we definitely need one more. Start giving JMac more starts next season, so Lamps can slowly get some rest, long term replacement, otherwise I'm not sure, if rumours are true with Malouda getting the kick, then either promote Zhirkov and buy another left winger, or just buy a starting left winger? Defence is sorted, with PvA and Bertrand for LB cover to Ashley Cole and Ivanovic, Luiz and Ferreira who all play RB. I hear we're going in for Van der wiel for sure, so that means Bosingwa is out. JT, Luiz, Ivanovic and Alex all play CB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Well...as we've been saying all season, we need a right winger, Kalou has been doing well in the last couple of games, if can continue this goal scoring form and skill he could be good enough to start? But we definitely need one more. Start giving JMac more starts next season, so Lamps can slowly get some rest, long term replacement, otherwise I'm not sure, if rumours are true with Malouda getting the kick, then either promote Zhirkov and buy another left winger, or just buy a starting left winger? Defence is sorted, with PvA and Bertrand for LB cover to Ashley Cole and Ivanovic, Luiz and Ferreira who all play RB. I hear we're going in for Van der wiel for sure, so that means Bosingwa is out. JT, Luiz, Ivanovic and Alex all play CB.
    I agree with this,

We need to work out what formation we're actually going to be playing next year first - if it's 4-3-3 another winger (or two) need to be bought. However if it's going to be 442 I think we need some sort of creativity in the midfield (although to be fair this could still be applied to the previous formation).

Although not really sure what players are around / available - if Bayern don't get into the CL next year I think Thomas Muller/Toni Kroos may be a shout... Ideally it'd have been brilliant if we've tried to get Di Maria or Ozil last summer. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    He finally scores....

This could push him on and help you go the distance with United now...

ReputationRep:
    so someone was eventually going to post this:

http://hasfernandotorresscoredforchelsea.com/

ReputationRep:
    finally shevchenko scores!!!

Edit: Torres*

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I've cheered a goal that loudly in a while. So happy for him, he looked a lot more up for it when he came on today and was fully deserved. Thank god for it!

Come on, now lets push on and give Utd our best...!

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.