Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ergh. we struggle against pacey wingers, and spurs have two of the best... will be difficult. can definitely see ivanovic getting a red, haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    ergh. we struggle against pacey wingers, and spurs have two of the best... will be difficult. can definitely see ivanovic getting a red, haha
    Paulo Ferreira kept Bale in check last time round away! So I think we can handle it :P

Edit: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...903185,00.html

Woo!

ReputationRep:
    Just a thought.. Was speaking to my old man the other day and he seems it's pretty certain that Ancoletti will get the sack at the end of the season.
    I think it's pretty unfair because he should be given another season to build a new squad as I think the current one is aging and some players are simply not the same as 3-4 years ago (Lampard, Boswinga etc..)

If Roman was to swallow his pride and re-hire Jose back, do you reckon he would win us the champions league and stay after he wins it or leave and move on to another club straight after winning it? I'm guessing that every Blues fan here will more than welcome him back open arms after what he did at the Bridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Just a thought.. Was speaking to my old man the other day and he seems it's pretty certain that Ancoletti will get the sack at the end of the season.
    I think it's pretty unfair because he should be given another season to build a new squad as I think the current one is aging and some players are simply not the same as 3-4 years ago (Lampard, Boswinga etc..)

If Roman was to swallow his pride and re-hire Jose back, do you reckon he would win us the champions league and stay after he wins it or leave and move on to another club straight after winning it? I'm guessing that every Blues fan here will more than welcome him back open arms after what he did at the Bridge.
    I think we need a bit of managerial stability so I wouldn't get rid of Carlo. Ok, so it looks like we're not going to be winning anything this season, but lets not forget the position we were in just before christmas (battling for 4th) and now it looks like we'll finish runners up with a guaranteed CL place for next year. It's been a very good recovery and we need to commend the team and manager for that.

I think with one or two good signings this summer to strengthen some areas in the squad (the right wing foremost), we can replicate what we did in 09-10. As for our ambitions winning the CL, I don't think Mourinho's the answer. We've come agonisingly close a few times (final with man utd and semi with barca) so it's just a matter of not crumbling and a dash of luck going our way.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I think we need a bit of managerial stability so I wouldn't get rid of Carlo. Ok, so it looks like we're not going to be winning anything this season, but lets not forget the position we were in just before christmas (battling for 4th) and now it looks like we'll finish runners up with a guaranteed CL place for next year. It's been a very good recovery and we need to commend the team and manager for that.

I think with one or two good signings this summer to strengthen some areas in the squad (the right wing foremost), we can replicate what we did in 09-10. As for our ambitions winning the CL, I don't think Mourinho's the answer. We've come agonisingly close a few times (final with man utd and semi with barca) so it's just a matter of not crumbling and a dash of luck going our way.
    Agreed, we definetly need to get rid of this trophyless season = sack policy. Roman has too big of an influence on the club. He wants to sign Marco Van Basten and Guus Hiddink. I would more than welcome Hiddink as he did a fantastic job at Chelsea during his short time there, they were playing very positive football, which is what we needed.

Van Basten.. I'm not so sure of.. His experience has only been in the Dutch League and with Netherlands, I'm slightly skeptical about him and I don't really want another Scolari situation.

ReputationRep:
    I so hope you guys get thrashed by Spurs, it would make the prospect of us lifting the trophy a guranteed outcome this season.

ReputationRep:
    Going to the game tonight - always a cracking atmosphere when Spurs are at the Bridge .

Anyone just seen David Luiz on SoccerAM - he's such a bloody legend.

Edit: Good news for us is that Bale looks set to start at Left Back, not Left Wing....

ReputationRep:

Doesn't really appeal to me, won't be buying it. Looks a bit like a training ground kit

ReputationRep:
    Typical Chelsea, getting all the decisions. It must be getting expensive for Chelsea this, paying off all these referees and linesmen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Typical Chelsea, getting all the decisions. It must be getting expensive for Chelsea this, paying off all these referees and linesmen.
    LOL.

chelsea getting decisions for them?
    yeah right

ReputationRep:
    Mikel has been magnificent, what impresses me is his ability to go into a tackle and come away with the ball under control.

ReputationRep:

Doesn't really appeal to me, won't be buying it. Looks a bit like a training ground kit
    It really does Addidas are really pissing me off these days with their identikit kits.

ReputationRep:
    erm so

HEY GUYS TERRY GOT YELLOW CARD NUMBER 5 TODAY, DOES THAT MEAN HE MISSED THE UNITED GAME AT OLD TRAFFORD?

thnx

ReputationRep:
    essien's been poor lately. Ramires on the other hand... determination! Kalou looks resigned to leaving the club... hardly celebrated his goal. seemed pissed off.

ReputationRep:
    Get in!

What a fantastic result.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from the game, admittedly we were helped a bit but think we deserved it on the basis of the entire game. God knows how Torres missed that chance in the first half mind...

Mikel was good, Essien had a shocker and Malouda was not much better at times, Ivanovic never looked comfortable... Ramires tried hard and his energy was amazing.

The atmosphere when the second goal went in was brilliant, I was sat West Lower near the MH and it was so bloody loud. Best atmosphere I've seen at the Bridge (although is that saying much....? )

ReputationRep:
    Was in the MHL near the back, was a great atmosphere, hardly heard the Spurs fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Kalou looks resigned to leaving the club... hardly celebrated his goal. seemed pissed off.
    Yeah wtf was up with that? Kalou's a useful player, i wouldnt get rid of him.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah wtf was up with that? Kalou's a useful player, i wouldnt get rid of him.
    if we're getting sturridge back, then there's no way he'd get as much gametime... anelka/malouda/torres/drogba/sturridge = more than enough up front... i think he knows he's out.

cant believe we're still being linked with neymar and lukaku. how the hell would we fit everyone in? i'd just want the one creative midfielder/playmaker... although we have benayoun for that. a rightwinger then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Just got back from the game, admittedly we were helped a bit but think we deserved it on the basis of the entire game. God knows how Torres missed that chance in the first half mind...

Mikel was good, Essien had a shocker and Malouda was not much better at times, Ivanovic never looked comfortable... Ramires tried hard and his energy was amazing.

The atmosphere when the second goal went in was brilliant, I was sat West Lower near the MH and it was so bloody loud. Best atmosphere I've seen at the Bridge (although is that saying much....? )
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Was in the MHL near the back, was a great atmosphere, hardly heard the Spurs fans.
    I was sat in the MHL as well, weird to think we were all sat very close. Great win today, all throughout the second half we had all the pressure but I just felt the goal wasn't going to come. When Kalou scored it went mental, I really haven't seen the Bridge like that for aaages.

Essien and Malouda are really starting to **** me off with their performances, we all know that they are great footballers but they have been so bad this season, at least since Nov/Dec sort of time, its been ridiculous. I also thought Torres played quite well today, you could tell he was more fired up; having said that he really should have scored...!

Who would you guys say was player of the year?

I think I'd go for Ramires; after a slow start, I think he's been brilliant from about October onwards, very consistent as well. I just love how direct he is, it gives us another dimension when he plays. :sogood:. Cech has also been brilliant it has to be said. So many crucial saves...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.