Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I went for John Terry although Cech has been just as good.

Ramires has definitely been our best midfielder this season but obviously had a slow start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    if we're getting sturridge back, then there's no way he'd get as much gametime... anelka/malouda/torres/drogba/sturridge = more than enough up front... i think he knows he's out.

cant believe we're still being linked with neymar and lukaku. how the hell would we fit everyone in? i'd just want the one creative midfielder/playmaker... although we have benayoun for that. a rightwinger then?
    I thought rumours were that Malouda was getting the chop, not Kalou...or maybe they both are :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    I thought rumours were that Malouda was getting the chop, not Kalou...or maybe they both are :eek:
    The Neymar ones have stopped. The Lakaku ones have increased, apparently Kalou and Anelka will have to leave in order to accomodate Lakaku and one Premier League club really wants him! We did make a bid in January so I think it might be us. He was really angry, every player was in there except for him!

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...-but-must-sell

Also I really loved Torres today, he played so well imo. Fired up from the goal last week and should have scored! Drogba moved out to the right even! I think Drogba and Torres can work! People say oh Drogba llikes to play centrally, but lately he's been drifting around like Anelka and It can only be a good thing if we want those 2 to work out. Thoughts guys? Malouda is pissing me off slightly..

Oh and let's keep Ancelotti he knows the squad and know's what needs to be done, best give him this year as well, he can only help the squad perform better!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Typical Chelsea, getting all the decisions. It must be getting expensive for Chelsea this, paying off all these referees and linesmen.
    Oh the irony. I'm all up for nominating Chris Foy and his colleagues for an MBE for services to Man utd after this match :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    Can we achieve the impossible?

ReputationRep:
    You should honestly play Torres against Vidic, if he's feeling it he will rape Vidic and Ferdinand.

ReputationRep:
    If Man united play the same as they played today next week, don't see why not

ReputationRep:
    Can we achieve the impossible?
    Not impossible. Very much possible. They have to worry about CL too. Win at OT and it gives you leverage like you never had this season. We ( the good , and the light of football fans) are behind you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    If Man united play the same as they played today next week, don't see why not
    Hmm but they're unbeaten at home so far this season and a draw would probably take them through. And they outplayed us in both legs of the CL. It's a monumental task but i'm hopeful.

ReputationRep:
    If Chelsea win the title, it will far surpass anything else that Ancelotti has ever achieved, ever, ever. Ever. EVER.

Therefore, he has one week to prepare for the biggest game of his life.

The collective might and support of the Liverpool fans are behind you, COME ON CHELSEA (though you better keep that spanish ****er on the bench, for footballing and non footballing reasons)

ReputationRep:
    Hmm but they're unbeaten at home so far this season and a draw would probably take them through. And they outplayed us in both legs of the CL. It's a monumental task but i'm hopeful.
    16 wins and a draw in 17 games. Probably the best home record of all time in England.

Monumental is a great word to use, winning this game would rank alongside Ancelotti's two Champions League titles, and winning the title after it would be the greatest victory in Premier League history.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    You should honestly play Torres against Vidic, if he's feeling it he will rape Vidic and Ferdinand.
    No, they should play Drogba with Kalou, because they are the form players. If it doesn't go well, then bring Torres on for Kalou after an hour.

Drogba has looked menacing in recent weeks, as good as he has ever looked.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonFahad)
    No, they should play Drogba with Kalou, because they are the form players. If it doesn't go well, then bring Torres on for Kalou after an hour.

Drogba has looked menacing in recent weeks, as good as he has ever looked.
    Torres in his last two games for Chelsea has been pretty good.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea not only need the win for their title chances, they need it to stay ahead of Arsenal.

I have a feeling that the result will dictate the final league positions if Chelsea fail to win:

Utd win -> Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea
    Draw -> Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal
    Chelsea win -> ?

ReputationRep:
    Come on CHELSEA

ReputationRep:
    It will probably be Malouda-Torres-Drogba with Kalou/Anelka coming on later. They both always start in the big games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Torres in his last two games for Chelsea has been pretty good.
    A lucky goal (but good cameo performance) against the bottom club, and before a bright start yet frustrating hour long appearance against Spurs?

Not pretty good, just better than abysmal like he was. Nothing to show that he will improve on his fantastic efforts against Vidic in the Champions league. Whereas Drogba was fantastic after he came on in the CL, and has looked like the Drogba of last season in his last few games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DonFahad)
    A lucky goal (but good cameo performance) against the bottom club, and before a bright start yet frustrating hour long appearance against Spurs?

Not pretty good, just better than abysmal like he was. Nothing to show that he will improve on his fantastic efforts against Vidic in the Champions league. Whereas Drogba was fantastic after he came on in the CL, and has looked like the Drogba of last season in his last few games.
    It was hardly a lucky goal, he was running towards the goal and was probably going to score, the ball gets stuck in the ground due to the **** pitch which makes it harder for him and he still scored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Chelsea not only need the win for their title chances, they need it to stay ahead of Arsenal.
    We could still be ahead of you by GD if United beat us and you beat Stoke away.

ReputationRep:
    Ahh we can do this lads!

Ramires - Essien - Lampard have to start next week. Bosingwa and Ferreira have disapeared recently lol.

Front three I think should be Malouda-Drogba-Kalou.

Anelka/Torres to come on after 60 mins if Kalou/Malouda don't do much, those front 3 are in form and Nando has been playing well since his goal, more confidence and he could trouble a tired Vidic and Ferdinand, I think Drogba and Torres played decently well yesterday together. So 30 mins of those 2 could pose problems for Vidic and Co.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.