Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Ahh we can do this lads!

Ramires - Essien - Lampard have to start next week. Bosingwa and Ferreira have disapeared recently lol.
    Not Mikel? Was probably our best player yesterday.

ReputationRep:
    Yeh Mikel in for Essien imo. I don't know if Kalou should be starting, he's in good form but i would rather Drogba partner Torres up front. Maybe play 4-4-2, Ramires is perfectly good enough to play wide on the right with Malouda on the left.

ReputationRep:
    BOOOM!! Title race on! Credit where credit is due, thought Arsenal were brilliant today.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea have a v good chance, if they don't play Torres. Even if he is improving, he isn't ready for next weeks game. Anelka/malouda/kalou/Drogba etc - is who I want to see, not Torres :no:

ReputationRep:
    Ancelotti said after the CL exit he made a mistake playing Torres, from a United point of view i hope both Drogba and Torres start and not Drogba alone.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the partnership between Drogba and torres is great at all, Torres can't read Drogba's setups at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Hmm but they're unbeaten at home so far this season and a draw would probably take them through. And they outplayed us in both legs of the CL. It's a monumental task but i'm hopeful.
    Couldn't agree more, thing is.. With Chelsea, they are very unpredictable.. Either they'll realise it's crunch time and react or they'll do nothing.

I know in my honest opinion that we have better performing players. Lampard has been playing better, along with Drogba, Torres, Ramires and even Cole!

Should Essien be given a start? Honestly I'll have to say no, I don't know whether it's an injury or what, but he's lost form as of recent. Mikel performed pretty well yesterday, but he's unpredictable and can be prone to a few yellow cards.

The lineup for next Sunday should be:

Cech

Luiz Ivanovic Terry Cole

Mikel

Ramires Lampard Kalou

Torres Drogba

Only reason I've put in Kalou instead of Malouda is that Kalou is much more quicker and I'm pretty sure he'll cause Rafeal/Fabio more problems because he can do his tricks. Ramires is more than able to drive the ball through the midfield and push the ball up into attack, just like what Essien does for us.

ReputationRep:
    Torres Drogba

Yeah that would work :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    A player make a bad tackle that the ref doesn't see gets retrospectively banned, surely a player deliberately handballing it that the ref doesn't see should be retrospectively banned?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warwickorbristol)
    A player make a bad tackle that the ref doesn't see gets retrospectively banned, surely a player deliberately handballing it that the ref doesn't see should be retrospectively banned?
    Is this about the Vidic one? Or one I don't know about

If it is Vidic, he called a corner so he techincally 'saw' it :sigh: So he can't be banned :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Is this about the Vidic one? Or one I don't know about

If it is Vidic, he called a corner so he techincally 'saw' it :sigh: So he can't be banned :sad:
    Ah fair enough, have they ever banned anyone like that or is it just for tackles? I know they banned Eduardo for diving in Europe.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warwickorbristol)
    Ah fair enough, have they ever banned anyone like that or is it just for tackles? I know they banned Eduardo for diving in Europe.
    I think the retrospective bans are more to do with violent conduct rather than tackles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Not Mikel? Was probably our best player yesterday.
    Yeah I was juggling Mikel/Essien....actually we should actually play Lampard - Mikel - Ramires. All 3 are in very good form.

(Original post by Isometrix)
    Yeh Mikel in for Essien imo. I don't know if Kalou should be starting, he's in good form but i would rather Drogba partner Torres up front. Maybe play 4-4-2, Ramires is perfectly good enough to play wide on the right with Malouda on the left.
    It worked against Spurs on Saturday considering we haven't done amazingly with this system.

Cech
    Ivanovic - Terry - Luiz - Cole

Ramires - Mikel - Lampard - Malouda

Torres/Anelka - Drogba

?

ReputationRep:
    Torres needs to play to make Vidic **** himself and get sent off.

I think if Chelsea win, that would leave Arsenal needing Chelsea and United to both go either DD or LW/LD

Not likely, not likely at all. But possible.

So over to you Chelsea.

Getting Vidic sent off might help United wobble against Blackpool/burn to complete the crumble. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Torres needs to play to make Vidic **** himself and get sent off.

I think if Chelsea win, that would leave Arsenal needing Chelsea and United to both go either DD or LW/LD

Not likely, not likely at all. But possible.

So over to you Chelsea.

Getting Vidic sent off might help United wobble against Blackpool/burn to complete the crumble. :teeth:
    Whatever happens, it simply cannot compete with Arsenal's crumble this season. The crumble of all crumbles. Crumbler.

:cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Whatever happens, it simply cannot compete with Arsenal's crumble this season. The crumble of all crumbles. Crumbler.

:cool:
    Yes, our crumble doesn't even compete with United's epic 1997/98 crumble.

Not at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Yes, our crumble doesn't even compete with United's epic 1997/98 crumble.

Not at all.
    You lost the Carling Cup final, against Birmingham , you got outplayed by Barca in the CL, you get raped by us in the FA Cup and you're PL form has gone to pot over the last month or so. A very sudden and sustained crumble - out of all competitions in a very small timeframe. Now THAT is a crumble. But I suppose you folks are so accustomed to crumbles that this particular business end crumble is a case of 'same s**t, different day'.

Plz don't delude yourselves that you're still in the title race. You're not.

ReputationRep:
    You lost the Carling Cup final, against Birmingham , you got outplayed by Barca in the CL, you get raped by us in the FA Cup and you're PL form has gone to pot over the last month or so. A very sudden and sustained crumble - out of all competitions in a very small timeframe. Now THAT is a crumble. But I suppose you folks are so accustomed to crumbles that this particular business end crumble is a case of 'same s**t, different day'.

We were one goal away from going through in the CL against the team that will destroy you in the final, there was no 'raping' in the FA Cup (you just counter-attacked fairly well and we didn't take our chances) and the Carling Cup was a stupid communication error.

It can be twisted any way.

And we aren't out of the title race until it's mathematically impossible - if you go and lose it now that is (frankly) a bigger crumble than ours, especially if we somehow do manage to win it.

ReputationRep:

Much as I love you bbz, the only unexpected element was the loss to Birmingham really.

And in the Barca games we can definitely call a spot of injustice. Will never know whether we could have rallied if RVP had stayed on the field after all.

The league was disappointing too, but United have always been more in the driving seat. If they lost out to Chelsea now it would be a crumble, surely?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    It worked against Spurs on Saturday considering we haven't done amazingly with this system.

Cech
    Ivanovic - Terry - Luiz - Cole

Ramires - Mikel - Lampard - Malouda

Torres/Anelka - Drogba

?
    I don't think how we set up against Spurs worked at all, Drogba was hardly in the game on the right - Torres' contributions were not fantastic either. Mikel played well and Essien had a shocker so it's easy to state that Ramires should come in for Essien whilst Mikel holds his place - however sometimes in the big games its necessary to have the experience and bigger players (i.e. Essien over Ramires).

I think playing 4-4-2 and trying to match Utd would be a bit of an error, although there's no saying they'll play 4-4-2 either given the fact they only realistically need a draw on Sunday whereas we NEED the win. I wouldn't be surprised to see Rooney - Park - Valencia as the front 3 with Giggs/Carrick/Scholes (if he's past his ban) - in which case playing 4-4-2 would be even more stupid given the fact the extra man in midfield would hurt us (especially if it was Giggs...).

I'd got 4-3-3 as it's how we play best, on current form I'd have to go with Drogba - Malouda and Kalou up front, however the only issue there is that Kalou may not track back as well. Then bring on Benayoun and Torres in the second half (and Anelka too) - hopefully to expose a bit of fatigue in the Utd defence given they've got a game midweek too...

Whatever happens, we'll need to play probably the best we have all season to get the result we need at OT. They've not lost at home this year, if we win there it'll be an amazing fete. However let's not forget they've got 2 easy games after (Blackburn away and Blackpool at home) whereas ours are slightly tricker, Newcastle Home and especially Everton away.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.