Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    btw notice how we got 2 quick goals when we changed to 4-3-3?

take a hint, Carlo.
    Do you think he'll play that while the ACoN is on? Sturridge on the right with Cole/Zhirkov on the left?

Lampard's form has been shocking of late, can he be expected to contribute what he has in the past two/three seasons? I think Essien has become the main man in your midfield, tbh, and that has been proven since his absence. The club must be confident of overturning the transfer ban if Carlo doesn't want to buy in Jan, as if it isn't overturned then some of your players will be nearing their mid-30s......

Sturridge looked good against Fulham though, I'll admit that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Sturridge is a classy player, when hes fit and hungry there are few in his age group better. He single handedly turned the game at Ewood park last season in 10 minutes.

ReputationRep:
    He's better than Kalou. In fact, I heard the fans were not pleased with his performance against Fulham. Oh dear. :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    Do you think he'll play that while the ACoN is on? Sturridge on the right with Cole/Zhirkov on the left?

Lampard's form has been shocking of late, can he be expected to contribute what he has in the past two/three seasons? I think Essien has become the main man in your midfield, tbh, and that has been proven since his absence. The club must be confident of overturning the transfer ban if Carlo doesn't want to buy in Jan, as if it isn't overturned then some of your players will be nearing their mid-30s......

i think he should play 4-3-3 full stop, after all we do have quite a few naturally wide players so it makes sense. as for the ACON, i'd hope to see something like this:

Cech
    Ivanovic Carvalho Terry A.Cole
    Ballack Lampard
    J.Cole Deco Zhirkov
    Anelka

Lampard needs to pull himself together, he's been woeful these past few weeks. maybe it's because there's more pressure on him to take responsibility in the midfield in Essien's absence.

I have no idea why we're not planning on buying anyone in january after suspending the ban. i suppose it allows us to keep our options open if we do want to bring in a new face.

ReputationRep:

Lampard's position doesn't give him much freedom in attack, it concentrates on how industrious he is as a midfielder, his postional and defensive skills. Lampard's definitely the main man of our midfield. Essien's form leading up to his injury wasn't anything special.

Sturridge is such a raw talent still, I don't see how he's a better option than Kalou.

I'd imagine in some matches we'll go for the diamond with Anelka & Sturridge, and in other matches the christmas tree with Anelka up top by himself.

ReputationRep:
    Cech
    Ivanovic Alex Terry A Cole
    Ballack
    Lampard Belletti (jokes I know)
    Sturridge Anelka Zhirkov

:teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Must have got two of the last tickets for Sunday's match through the extra sale thing. First time in the west upper, may need to bring a gameboy or something if the match fails to entertain. :-/

ReputationRep:
    Only a £44.4m loss this year lads, what a club

ReputationRep:
    The group results reveal that following previous conversions of half of the debt, the remainder of the interest-free loans from the parent company, whose ultimate controlling party is Roman Abramovich, have been converted into equity making the group effectively debt free.
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...918410,00.html

Probably the best part of the read, once again, Roman showing he's committed to Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Debt free you say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Economist)
    Only a £44.4m loss this year lads, what a club
    Isn't it how you service the debt? If we do a Leeds feel free to LOL ZOMG LMAO.

ReputationRep:
    Malouda could leave Chelsea if he's not given enough game time:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...820713,00.html

best news i've heard in a while. sell him to Inter and get someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Malouda could leave Chelsea if he's not given enough game time:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...820713,00.html

best news i've heard in a while. sell him to Inter and get someone else.
    Yes! Get rid, get rid, get rid!! Err didn't he sign a new contract? Bobble!

ReputationRep:
    He's another in the underperforming list this season. But then again, which midfielder isn't? I don't think we should sell him at all, and he probably hasn't been involved as much as he should be. I think Ancelotti needs to try him in the 'AM' role more often, because at the moment his competition is none other than Frank Lampard, who he isn't going to replace in a million years. On form, he's one of the best players in our team and I don't think any other midfielder has a cross like his.

Don't think we should let him go, and I don't think he will do after signing a new contract in January. It'd leave us with only one natural left winger (not that we ever need one, but meh) in Zhirkov, who no one really has much confidence in.

ReputationRep:
    Malouda wasn't bad at all when Hiddink came in. It's just prior to that he was awful.

ReputationRep:
    And he still is. Not good enough if we are to realistically compete for all major honours year in, year out. Sell him to a club where they are happy to wait years on end for half-decent players to come good.

ReputationRep:
    Impressed with Bertrand again today. Interestingly enough, for whatever reason out of the 2x left backs we had on loan to the CCC, we opted to recall Van Aanholt.

ReputationRep:
    Imagine if he got the winner in the replay (Bertrand). :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    That'd be nice.

I'd imagine our team for tomorrow to be:

Cech, Ivanovic, Alex, Terry, A.Cole, Ballack, Lampard, Malouda, J.Cole, Sturridge, Anelka.

Sub bench: Turnbull/Hilario, Carvalho, Bruma, Matic, Zhirkov, Kakuta, Borini.

You heard it first here.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm I'd like to see Kakuta start tbfh.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.