Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    the fact that we went into the game 3 points behind a team that we were 15 points behind at one point is great encouragement for next season. Although United on paper might not be as good as they were 2-3 seasons back, the improvement of nani, addition of valencia, alonmg with the arrival of hernandez and berbatov finding his scoring touch has made united still as tough to beat as when they had the ronaldo's and tevez'. A wesley sneijder would make them the team to beat as I think they're lacking in midfield compared to us chelsea.

I think we need to sell/get rid of drogba & lampard and start re-building from there. We've got sturridge coming back from loan, who should do well next season. Also, mceachran should play more of a part next season. With mikel, ramires and mceachran we have a very young midfield with good potential. We may not win the league next year , but it's a building block. Our managers seem afraid of ripping an old team and re-building. Something Ferguson did between 2003-2006 when they brought in ronaldo, rooney, vidic, evra. They weren't winning loads at the time, but ronaldo eventually became a world player of the year, as well as united winning 3 premier league titles in a row, alongside a couple carling cups and 2 champions league finals (winning 1 of course).

ReputationRep:
    So...Zhirkov? Hasn't even made the squad in the last couple of games? See him leaving or we giving him one more season? Hope he starts on Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what's going to happen tbh

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Kakas mum tweeted he'll be playing in London next year, has to be for Chelsea if its true?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Apparently Kakas mum tweeted he'll be playing in London next year, has to be for Chelsea if its true?
    It's not true....She is having a meeting with her church in London. Nothing in it. Plus he is ****e now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    So...Zhirkov? Hasn't even made the squad in the last couple of games? See him leaving or we giving him one more season? Hope he starts on Sunday.
    Injured. Again.

ReputationRep:
    Just reading on a Chelsea forum that someone apparently rang up Chelsea TV to suggest that there's a decent possiblity of a move for Modric...

Not sure how much we can buy into this but could be a fantastic move...definitely the type of creativity we need and proven at Premier League level, would much prefer this to Kaka.

As for the game tomorrow, Carlo has said Torres will start, and the reserve final is on monday (so no kids) so expect something along the lines of..

Cech

Ivanovic Alex JT Cole
    Ramires Essien Lampard
    Malouda Torres Kalou/Drogba

I guess... although I'd like to see Mikel keep his place - perhaps in favour of Essien to be honest.

Hopefully we can win this, secure 2nd place (and pray to god Blackburn somehow beat Utd) but if the League is lost bring in McEachran/Bertrand against Everton on the last day.

Also going to be the unveiling of the new kit tomorrow which should be nice!

In other news; sad to see Borini hobble off in the Championship playoff against Forest - wishing Brendan Rogers all the luck in the world for the return leg at the Liberty!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Just reading on a Chelsea forum that someone apparently rang up Chelsea TV to suggest that there's a decent possiblity of a move for Modric...

Not sure how much we can buy into this but could be a fantastic move...definitely the type of creativity we need and proven at Premier League level, would much prefer this to Kaka.

As for the game tomorrow, Carlo has said Torres will start, and the reserve final is on monday (so no kids) so expect something along the lines of..

Cech

Ivanovic Alex JT Cole
    Ramires Essien Lampard
    Malouda Torres Kalou/Drogba

I guess... although I'd like to see Mikel keep his place - perhaps in favour of Essien to be honest.

Hopefully we can win this, secure 2nd place (and pray to god Blackburn somehow beat Utd) but if the League is lost bring in McEachran/Bertrand against Everton on the last day.

Also going to be the unveiling of the new kit tomorrow which should be nice!

In other news; sad to see Borini hobble off in the Championship playoff against Forest - wishing Brendan Rogers all the luck in the world for the return leg at the Liberty!
    Sucks how Luiz won't be playing cause of that goal.

McEacran and Bertrand deserve to play on the last day of the season.

ReputationRep:
    Modric would be a brilliant signing

ReputationRep:
    MANCHESTER UNITED 19th TITLE.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah would love to have Modric :moon:

ReputationRep:
    I think Blackburn / Utd are trying to lull us into a false sense of hope... just wait until that little mexican pops up at scores in the 93rd minute.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting fact on BBC Sport

We've scored 67 goals this year in comparison to 103 last year - kind've says it all really.

Come on Chelsea, not too much pressure and would love to see a good performance here!

ReputationRep:
    JOSH MACEACRAN STARTS WOOOO!

David Luiz benched with Benayoun and Anelka behind Torres upfront.

ReputationRep:
    Next seaon is ours....... COME ON CHELSEA!!!! hopefully torres to score against Newcastle

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we'll have to win against Everton to secure our 2nd spot now..

ReputationRep:
    That's just an utter joke, I'm so glad this season is nearly over. Diabolical defending.

ReputationRep:
    :lurk:

ReputationRep:
    Epitomises our season, not good enough, potentially grabbing a win then losing concentration and throwing it away at the end.

No urgency, fluidity, speed and creativity after the first 20 minutes or so. Torres looked invisible for the vast majority of the match and Drogba came on to be effective (again). I'm not even going to bother wasting my time commenting on Anelka's 2nd half performance...

Essien and Malouda added bugger all, would've liked to see Josh kept on for longer, same with Yossi although I guess it did start to go against them when it became more physical - Josh looked bright with a few brilliant passes although did lack some compsure which is hardly surprising given his age and the fact he's been chopped and changed throughout each level of our squads.

It was just once again a poor performance that reflects our season; need to strengthen in the summer after working out how we are going to play. If it is Carlo that stays (and I kind've hope he does...although this is fading) he needs to somehow inject some energy into the team and tell them that consistently passing backwards is never going to win a football match.

ReputationRep:
    Carlo has made a lot of mistakes this season , at pivotal moments he has failed to motivate our players , for example the champions league and the 2nd united game . He has also been very careless when it has come to making substitutions in games.

The main reason many chelsea fans want carlo to stay is not because they believe in him 100 % its simply because for the past 8 years we have had 7 managers and continuity is important , there has to be a certain stage where we stop axing managers even if they deserved to be axed.
    What we need is a clear out in the summer , malouda , anelka , kalou , boswinga have been good to chelsea over the years but its time for them to move on .
    Chelsea need to revert to their old style when we had duff and robben , pacey wingers. So we have to sign two quality wingers.
    Then we need a creative midfielder , lampard's performance today summed up his season. He now looks for the most simplest of passes , to the side or backwards offering nothing to supply torres . He has lost the little pace in which he had and has become a passanger. He has been a great servent to the club so we cannot axe him but use him like united use giggs.

Carlo should stay , sign 4-5 players whilst selling 3-4 players and chelsea can be re vitalised into winning trophies again !

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.