Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Second time Chelsea have failed to beat Newcastles reserves at Stamford Bridge this season.

ReputationRep:
    How did JMac do? allow the result.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    How did JMac do? allow the result.
    He was one of the better players tbh, after he eased in some brilliant killer passes. Def one to challenge for a midfield spot next season

ReputationRep:
    Have seen him play much better. Disciplined in his role, rarely went beyond the half way line in open play where he is most effective. Played some great passses, struggled a bit physically IMO.

Just such a dire game, no surprise our goals game from set pieces.

ReputationRep:
    Stefan Ivanovic. Epic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Interesting fact on BBC Sport

We've scored 67 goals this year in comparison to 103 last year - kind've says it all really.

Come on Chelsea, not too much pressure and would love to see a good performance here!
    It's ok, you have Fernando Torres now.

ReputationRep:
    Reserve team won the national play off final tonight at the Bridge, finished 1-1 but won on pens. A lot of talent in that team, would be nice to see a few given a run out at Everton.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Reserve team won the national play off final tonight at the Bridge, finished 1-1 but won on pens. A lot of talent in that team, would be nice to see a few given a run out at Everton.
    If we started doin an Arsenal, by introducing some of kids to the first team and leaving them there, I think we could have a great bunch of talented players. Ugh, I just want the manager drama and players leaving and staying thing to be finished.

I think only 1-2 players will leave and 2-3 will come in. Don't want him too but I think Malouda and Kalou will be leaving, Kalou wants first team football and he's even said it. Malouda's performances speak for themselves. Maybe Zhirkov I'm not sure bout him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Definitely, also think we should mention Brendan Rogers at Swansea getting them into the playoff final with the help of Scotty Sinclair and Fabio Borini!

I'd like to see Bertrand especially get a bit of game time against Everton, and more for Josh.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely, also think we should mention Brendan Rogers at Swansea getting them into the playoff final with the help of Scotty Sinclair and Fabio Borini!

I'd like to see Bertrand especially get a bit of game time against Everton, and more for Josh.
    Yeah, Bertrand looks a real talent. I saw him against Birmingham about a month ago and he looked good, not only going forward (he got an assist) but he looked quite solid defensively.

Regarding players leaving, I really hope Malouda goes, he's so infuriating to watch. I think that Kalou and Bosingwa are also destined for the door, I coudn't give a toss.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...938247,00.html

Someone's got a grudge to settle. lol

ReputationRep:
    Any news on whether david luiz will start tomorrow? Anyone who has chelsea tv know what ancelotti has said about who will start?

ReputationRep:
    No news..

ReputationRep:
    There has however been a lot of hype about another Brazilian recently... Neymar

ReputationRep:
    Bit skeptical about Neymar.. He's got talent and he's a young lad, but we've got quite a few strikers already. Kalou, Drogba, Torres, Anelka and Sturridge.

I think we should get rid of Anelka and Malouda. We should test some of the youngsters.. If not, we can always use Kalou on the left wing.

After seeing this season's current performance.. It seems the players don't really care about football. I mean two straight defeats to Manchester United, home and away? Losing to Sunderland at the Bridge.. Drogba sure as hell irritates me at times when he makes a meal of things, but he's one of the only players we can actually rely on.

Essien's had a pretty bad season, he's had too many injuries and it's clearly affecting the way he plays. We could replace him with Ramires or Mikel. Mikel's recent games have been pretty good.

The defence needs to be a bit more tighter, no need to concede silly goals. Luiz will come to play well, but he just needs to adapt to defending in the Premiership, he can sure as hell attack though. Cole's been a bit quiet in recent games. Cech's done a good job as always.

If I had my way.. Some of the players in the current squad would be out.. To get rid of Ancoletti is harsh. I want him to have another season and be allowed to get rid of who he wants and buy who he wants within reason.

ReputationRep:
    Mikel for McEacran and Malouda for Benayoun. Otherwise same team but No Drogba not even on the bench! Worrying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Mikel for McEacran and Malouda for Benayoun. Otherwise same team but No Drogba not even on the bench! Worrying?
    I kind've wish we'd started with Josh at least, he played well last week - although I guess the physicality of Everton may be a little too much, still worth giving him a chance in a difficult game?

No Drogba on the bench is a tad worrying, unless he's injrued I guess it may suggest something... I read on Twitter today a Turkish newspaper claiming he's signing for Galatasaray over the summer - admittedly this'd be the best place he could go mind. But I guess we can't read too much into such speculation.

Come on Torres, score against Everton; you know you want to..

ReputationRep:
    I kind've wish we'd started with Josh at least, he played well last week - although I guess the physicality of Everton may be a little too much, still worth giving him a chance in a difficult game?

No Drogba on the bench is a tad worrying, unless he's injrued I guess it may suggest something... I read on Twitter today a Turkish newspaper claiming he's signing for Galatasaray over the summer - admittedly this'd be the best place he could go mind. But I guess we can't read too much into such speculation.

Come on Torres, score against Everton; you know you want to..
    No Injury, Bosingwa, Benayoun and Ramires are theo nly ones out.

Would have loved Josh to play but oh well.

Wow what the hell is wrong with our energy? No bite? Torres is hidden. JT is the only one doing something! Bring on David Luiz at least we'll get some shots on.

ReputationRep:
    Just sums up the lack of desire and effort over the past few weeks. As much as I'd like to see Carlo stay for stability and let him build a squad I can't see Roman being quite so forigiving - it looks for all accounts he knows he's gone..

ReputationRep:
    Just sums up the lack of desire and effort over the past few weeks. As much as I'd like to see Carlo stay for stability and let him build a squad I can't see Roman being quite so forigiving - it looks for all accounts he knows he's gone..
    Just get the feeling he's out tbh. Van Baasten and Hiddink only ones who can do something and Hiddink came out and said he's an advisor to Chelsea so he knows the team kinda.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.