Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea confirm they have parted company with Carlo Ancelotti with immediate effect

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    lol Abramovich is a ****ing muppet

ReputationRep:
    No without roman we would be a nowhere , thanks roman you have made the best choice for our club

ReputationRep:
    I think Hiddink will be re-appointed, but I wouldn't be surprised if Abramovich decides to fork out for Villas Boas.

Either way, I hope it comes back and bites him in the ass, because Ancelotti is a fantastic manager.

ReputationRep:
    Hiddink is pretty much the only manager I want to take charge, he was so tactically astute during his brief spell with us. Wouldn't want villas boas in charge, he has too much still to prove in my eyes. Ok, he has lead Porto unbeaten in the league, but with a team that is far superior to any other...

Sad to see Carlo leave, but at the end of the day, the decision had to be made as our performances simply weren't good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Hiddink is pretty much the only manager I want to take charge, he was so tactically astute during his brief spell with us. Wouldn't want villas boas in charge, he has too much still to prove in my eyes. Ok, he has lead Porto unbeaten in the league, but with a team that is far superior to any other...

Sad to see Carlo leave, but at the end of the day, the decision had to be made as our performances simply weren't good enough.
    You forget that Mourinho was signed after a similar string of results to those Villas Boas has achieved...

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it was the right decision to sack Ancelotti, but what do Chelsea fans think?

ReputationRep:
    arrivederci Carlo, going to miss that eyebrow.

Would've liked to see him get the extra year and see what he would've done with his own squad. But I guess the fact that he never had a plan b (it seemed) and struggled to motivate the players this year when we slumped has cost him big time.

Already reading Guus with Van Basten underneath - but guess we'll have to find out. Wouldn't be surprised to see the Villa Boas underneath Guus as DoF.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    You forget that Mourinho was signed after a similar string of results to those Villas Boas has achieved...
    I knew someone would say this!

Firstly, Mourinho won the European cup, entirely different to what Villas Boas has achieved. Secondly, Mourinho was a gamble at the time, I just don't think we can afford a gamble right now.

ReputationRep:
    What a load of rubbish that performance was. Some of it was so bad I was just standing there laughing. Then it looked like Beckford some how managed to flick the ball over 5 defenders and chipped it over cech. We never once looked like scoring from open play, and we didn't look like scoring from open play last week either. Our attacking is just so bad. Although we discussed Carlo leaving on the way back, I didn't actually expect it to happen so shortly after.

ReputationRep:
    I knew someone would say this!

Firstly, Mourinho won the European cup, entirely different to what Villas Boas has achieved. Secondly, Mourinho was a gamble at the time, I just don't think we can afford a gamble right now.
    I would argue that Mourinho had a similarly good squad at his disposal, but Villas Boas completely destroyed the Portuguese League, much more so than José did.

I'm not expecting Villas Boas to move, though I wouldn't be surprised if Roman was to fork out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I would argue that Mourinho had a similarly good squad at his disposal, but Villas Boas completely destroyed the Portuguese League, much more so than José did.

I'm not expecting Villas Boas to move, though I wouldn't be surprised if Roman was to fork out.
    True, I would say that the squads were of a similar standard, both have a lot of quality; Deco back then :dice: But I don't believe that Mourinho was appointed based on his league results, more the fact he pulled of such a great feat in Europe.

Perhaps I'm being naive here, I simply don't know enough about him to make a proper judgement, as all I have to go on is a bit of hype and watching a few, admittedly brilliant, Porto performances this season. But at this stage I don't think he is the right appointment for us, particularly when you consider the rebuilding that we need to do this summer. Plus, he's still only 33, Drogba is the same age!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done Chelsea. Support a scumbag fullback who shoots a kid but sack a quietly dignified manager who finished second.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for Hiddink to coach both Turkey and Chelsea? I remember when he was in charge he said it would be too hard to commit himself to the club and Russia...

Rijkaard, where has that guy been hiding :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    He's a likeable man with a bit of class and dignity, pretty much the opposite of everything Chelsea represent. He deserves alot better than managing that club.

ReputationRep:

Any club that gets Carlo will be lucky. Fantastic manager. Abramovic has no class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zionic)

Any club that gets Carlo will be lucky. Fantastic manager. Abramovic has no class.
    He's a good manager, who'll be sorely missed. But, how you can argue that Abramovic made anything but the correct decision is beyond me :lolwut:, our performances this season have been some of the worst I've witnessed at Stamford Bridge tbh. 'Class' has precisely nothing to do with it, the correct decision was made, not a sentimental one.

ReputationRep:
    He's a good manager, who'll be sorely missed. But, how you can argue that Abramovic made anything but the correct decision is beyond me :lolwut:, our performances this season have been some of the worst I've witnessed at Stamford Bridge tbh. 'Class' has precisely nothing to do with it, the correct decision was made, not a sentimental one.
    I agree about the performances; although I think the way in which the Ancelotti saga was handled by the club was terribly unprofessional - we scoffed at Grant being sacked at an away game by the West Ham Board but we're not better than them. At least wait a few days before sacking him and sack him in LONDON not before he's due on a plane from Merseyside or whatever. People can whine about Roman but I guess he was the one that brought us the success in the first place, I wonder more about the people on the board around him than him himself...

Ancelotti was a manager of pure class and respectability, he was on the whole a good tactician who I'd have liked to see have another year in charge given, given a summer to rebuild. The only way I can see the players get away with such performances is that its the majority of them that are under-performing and not the minority and hence the manager is blamed - whilst I can see this is true in a way as I hardly would describe Carlo as motivating (esecially in such a period like we had over christmas) I still think it's the players themselves that need to take a long hard look at themselves. Even at the end of the season they should be wanting to win each game, and be proud to represent the club....after watching the Everton game, it's clear that the % of such players was rather low, if positive at all.

We need to replace the deadwood with some spark, I'd have liked to see Carlo been given at least a few months into next season but fair enough; we've been terrible over the past few months and it's lucky we managed to finish 2nd. The problem with Carlo is that I never saw a Plan B - Mourinho had one to change things up, SAF always has one and nor did he ever take a gamble on selection by dropping players who weren't in form (although this could be coming from above?!). I just hope to god whether the next manager is Van Basten or Villa Boas or Guus that they shackle some of the players we have into line or get rid of them.

A mate of mine went to the awards dinner on Thursday and said he knew Ancelotti was being sacked, he essentially was saying his goodbyes then - said good luck next year and all. Apparently the atmosphere was completely off, all the players in strange moods and only Drogba being the one to sign autographs and be friendly with the other people there. There are problems at this club... I just hope they get resolved sooner rather than later or we'll end up out of the Top 4 and on Channel 5 on Thursday nights. Ergh.

ReputationRep:
    You came second, and he got fired.
    Man utd played crap for several months, and they won the title, even if they came second ferguson wouldn't of been sacked for playing rubbish.

Chelsea didn't do anything over Ashley Cole shooting that kid did they? But because their manager who won Chelsea their first double winning season, but didn't win anything then next season, gets fired.

If Abramovic ever wants to see real continued success at Chelsea, and win the CL, he needs stability in the club. Not fire a manager who doesn't win a trophy in one season. He's turning Chelsea into Real Madrid, the impossible job.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.