Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    You think you'll sign another right back or will Ivanovic comfortably hold that position throughout next season?
    Well fereira's time at the club has come to an end which leaves us with only one natural right back in boswinga and he has been really poor after his injury , so he will be sold this summer which paves the way for a new right back = gregory vander wiel !

ReputationRep:
    ""He brought a lot of stability [last time]. He was a no-nonsense manager, even with the senior players.

"I saw players turn up late for meetings and then get left out of the side - if they were five minutes late. No matter who it was. That was Guus, his type of character."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz1OIXPHbMu

That helps.

And Paulo Ferreira has actually a good back up player when called upon, he's got experience and really wouldn't mind if stayed at the Bridge, has performed better than Bosingwa when called upon more often that not. He said he wants to see out his contract here and I would let him, he doesn't complain and is a proper professional and helps the youngsters. He should stay imo

ReputationRep:
    How has Van Aanholt been doing for you guys recently?

He looked a promising player when he was at NUFC last season.

ReputationRep:
    He did really well in the 3 games he started for us, although I looked on a Leicester forum a few times during his loan there and most never seemed impressed by him. Signed a new deal the other week though so the club must have plans for him. Question marks are just defensively though, going forward he's great.

ReputationRep:
    Mixed reports about Guus Hiddink today. Some say he'll be manager in a few days, his agent says he'll be Turkey manager till September, some say he'll be manager by pre season. I don't know what to expect. And Lakaku tells us which top 2 Premier League club he heads too, so it's Chelsea or Arsenal tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours are that Ashley Cole's ankle injury might be bad ligament injury. Hope he recovers asap, but if it doesn't recover in time for the start of pre season and hope not but the season, Bertand/PvA get their chances.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle744655.html

ReputationRep:
    Hiddink looks like he's coming back baby

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13665584.stm

ReputationRep:
    Really looking forward to Hiddink being back, but it puts him in a bad situation, as he did well in his first few months so hes going to be judged against that.

Who do you guys hope we sign? Got to hope for Neymar.

ReputationRep:
    Hiddink is coming home!

Isn't Lakaku meant to tell us which club he joins today? I bet he was doing last minute revision for that Geo exam and will tell us after it :P

Neymar please. Or Lakaku I don't mind :P

ReputationRep:
    Yeees! Can't wait to see Hiddink managing us again and the players he'll bring in! He's no pushover either, any players that turn 5 minutes late to training are told to come back tommorow (apparently happened when he was manager for a while). So seems like a pretty good appointment!

ReputationRep:
    What I like is that this can't be considered a new managerial change. He's been here before so hopefully theres no time lag for the team to adjust to his style and we can hit the ground running.

ReputationRep:
    i dont think we need lukaku. We've already got two strong centre-forwards and other strikers in Kalou, Anelka and Sturridge - who i want to see get plenty of chances this season... i just feel like we need to get rid of anelka and kalou, and get a pacey winger that can actually beat his man instead of ANOTHER striker.

Neymar fits that bill. I want kakuta to get more chances on the right wing too... maybe switching round with Sturridge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    i dont think we need lukaku. We've already got two strong centre-forwards and other strikers in Kalou, Anelka and Sturridge - who i want to see get plenty of chances this season... i just feel like we need to get rid of anelka and kalou, and get a pacey winger that can actually beat his man instead of ANOTHER striker.

Neymar fits that bill. I want kakuta to get more chances on the right wing too... maybe switching round with Sturridge...
    How would you like a front 3 of

Drogba/Torres/Sturridge

Neymar/Kakuta/Sturridge

Zhirkov/ Sturiddge

I think those 3 can do well!

Neymar would be ideal but Santos want 38 million ><

ReputationRep:
    I think you can sell Drogba too tbh. He'll probably get a decent enough fee as well.

ReputationRep:
    Don't bother with Sturridge out wide. Just play him centrally and he'll deliver against everyone but the top 5, no idea what he'll do against them. I would back him to score more against the bottom 15 than any other striker you have next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    How would you like a front 3 of

Drogba/Torres/Sturridge

Neymar/Kakuta/Sturridge

Zhirkov/ Sturiddge

I think those 3 can do well!

Neymar would be ideal but Santos want 38 million ><
    We've already seen that drogba/torres cant really play well together, and we're missing out and out wingers... kakuta isnt proven yet... hasnt done much for fulham, i'd just want him to get more chances. Right now a line-up of Malouda - Torres - Sturridge might work, but again no reaaalll width.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    We've already seen that drogba/torres cant really play well together, and we're missing out and out wingers... kakuta isnt proven yet... hasnt done much for fulham, i'd just want him to get more chances. Right now a line-up of Malouda - Torres - Sturridge might work, but again no reaaalll width.
    Aye granted that Kakuta isn't proven, dont understand why Mark Hughes took Kakuta though if he played him 3 times.

I think Hiddink will realise that we need a WINGER, forget left, I mean we have Malouda or Zhirkov (He is the only out and out winger imo we have) and he'll buy a right winger. Why don't we poach some French wonderkid from the relagated teams lol. France have a lot of potential talent lurking for cheap. I was going to say Dmitri Payet anyone remember him? He played against England in the friendly with France? Left winger and hes quick!

Martin Marvin's been nicknames Little Xavi, watching him play for France now, he's got vision O_O

Edit: Gokhan Tore has gone to Hamburg. Might as well sell our reserve squad to them?

ReputationRep:
    Well with Hiddink's apparent return, we've been linked with Sneijder and Arda Turan. A playmaker and winger, that sounds promising lol.

ReputationRep:
    sneijder isnt worth 30million. they need to look for young talent in russian german or french leagues. lampard can still got another 2 seasons to go. so we can grow a younger player meanwhile. arda turan could be a good buy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Sneijder is a decent playmaker though. I think I'd rather invest in younger talent like Javier Pastore

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.