Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Dunno bout Alex tbh.

Modric sounds a nice buy, most assists last season so!

Lakaku, Neymar and Pastore would be a great trio to buy :P - COME ON Hiddink! Want the man in so we can see some rumours pick up and some new signings in. Tired of seeing United and Pool making the headlines. Damnit even Arsenal are gonna sign someone!
    :no:

ReputationRep:
    Modric had 3 assists last season. Nani had the most at 18 in the PL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Dunno bout Alex tbh.

Modric sounds a nice buy, most assists last season so!

Lakaku, Neymar and Pastore would be a great trio to buy :P - COME ON Hiddink! Want the man in so we can see some rumours pick up and some new signings in. Tired of seeing United and Pool making the headlines. Damnit even Arsenal are gonna sign someone!
    Didn't realise how old Alex was, thought he was about 25, not 28
    Well in all fairness, Alex is one solid defender. He's insurance incase Terry, Ivanovic or Luiz are out with an injury. Plus he has one of the most powerful right foot that I've ever seen! I guess he could probably just want more regular football.

Two more weeks apparently till it's finalised, but sooner rather than later would be great! (Guus's appointment)

Santos and Palermo both want something in the 40 to 50m region for Neymar and Pastore. If that happens, then one midfielder will be dropped and another striker. For the midfield it may be either Ramires or Essien.

ReputationRep:
    £22m for Modric?

Abramovich is not only rich, he's also a tight ****er :sadnod:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    £22m for Modric?

Torres disagrees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    £22m for Modric?

How much would you Spurs rate him at? I doubt he'll move because Harry will probably have him tied down to the goalposts at White Hart Lane

(Original post by Kevmeister)
    Torres disagrees.
    If Young is worth 20m, then that should probably mean Torres is worth twice as much
    Well on his ability, not on his recent performances anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Torres disagrees.
    Probably being so frugal now he realises players might not live up to their hype.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    If Young is worth 20m, then that should probably mean Torres is worth twice as much
    Well on his ability, not on his recent performances anyways.
    Young scored 9 goals in 39 appearances, Torres scored 10 in 44. Good stuff.

Young certainly doesn't lack ability.

ReputationRep:
    Young scored 9 goals in 39 appearances, Torres scored 10 in 44. Good stuff.

Young certainly doesn't lack ability.
    Torres scored 65 goals from 102 apperances at Liverpool. Not saying that Young doesn't lack ability, but Torres is the better player in my opinion.

EDIT: Meant Torres's recent performance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Torres scored 65 goals from 102 apperances at Liverpool. Not saying that Young doesn't lack ability, but Torres is the better player in my opinion.

EDIT: Meant Torres's recent performance
    He'd want to be, considering the money he's gone for, and his wages.

Also, different positions, hard to compare.

ReputationRep:
    He'd want to be, considering the money he's gone for, and his wages.

Also, different positions, hard to compare.
    Valid point. Hopefully Guus will put Torres back into his normal goal-scoring form. It probably was one of those bad season's that he'd want to forget, but I'm sure he'll bounce back next season.

ReputationRep:
    :no:
    I am veryyy sorry bout that mistake on assists knew it Nani with 18! Where did I read Modric...had the most...sorry >_> A levels makes you forget the simplest of things D:

Just want Guus Hiddink in quick and want him to surprise me in the transfer market! :P

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_6993406,00.html

Guys we're getting Lakaku. De Bruyne is close to a Chelsea switch as said by the club and himself. He knows he's going to be loaned out to Anderlect, with Anderlect saying that they are in negotiations for Lakaku. So we're getting De Bruyne and Lakaku.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_6993406,00.html

Guys we're getting Lakaku. De Bruyne is close to a Chelsea switch as said by the club and himself. He knows he's going to be loaned out to Anderlect, with Anderlect saying that they are in negotiations for Lakaku. So we're getting De Bruyne and Lakaku.
    Reports in Belgium suggest both deals could be struck this weekend, but de Koster told us he does not know when they will go through.

"It could happen in the next half hour, it could take until August 31, that is football," he concluded

Good stuff! He looks like a promising player, just hope he gets his chance in the Chelsea squad. I can see him, McEachran and possibly Pastore being in the Chelsea midfield in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Reports in Belgium suggest both deals could be struck this weekend, but de Koster told us he does not know when they will go through.

"It could happen in the next half hour, it could take until August 31, that is football," he concluded

Good stuff! He looks like a promising player, just hope he gets his chance in the Chelsea squad. I can see him, McEachran and possibly Pastore being in the Chelsea midfield in the future
    That midfield =O. Creativity, passing and pace.

According to Ron Gourlay the team will have their new signings with them on the trip to Asia! So we could get to see our new manager and new players very very soon

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...n-Chelsea.html

Guys - Modric has come out and said he wants to leave Tottenham for Chelsea. lol I remember in december that the Dynamo Zaghreb President saying that Modric would move to Chelsea in the summer, no one believed him :P

And now here we are with Luka himself saying he wants to stay in London and fight for titles. I'm very very excited by these prospects, but I'm just worried, we still don't have a manager making these decisions.

ReputationRep:
    Be honest, Chelsea have never had a manager choose the players that are signed, though I reckon Hiddink has had some say over most in the last few years.

ReputationRep:
    Why even get excited about Lukaku when you've already ruined a young striker just as good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warwickorbristol)
    Why even get excited about Lukaku when you've already ruined a young striker just as good?
    If you're referring to Danny Sturridge, he's quite clearly not ruined given by his performances when on loan at Bolton and a decent showing for the U21s.

With regards to Lukaku, it is exciting to see him here - but in such a case I'd really like Anelka/Kalou/Malouda to move on, and can easily see this happening especially with the arrival of Modric. My other main concern about Lukaku is that, if we're essentially grooming him to become the next Drogba this may pose a bit of an issue due to the fact that we're trying to change the way we play (for Torres) - seems like the signing of Lukaku is just a reiteration of the previous style of play in which Drogba was ever present and the pinnacle of the attack.

ReputationRep:
    great, thanks for taking modric

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.