Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I meant he would probably just get a large sign on fee if he has to pay it himself.

I agree that £13.2m seems ridiculous but I'm pretty sure it doesn't just have to equal his wages, otherwise it would almost always be cheaper to buy out a players contract than to sign them. Ronaldo for £80m? Surely you would just give him a sign of fee large enough to buy out his deal? I'm sure Porto would want compensation to the tune of his wages and added value to the club, cost of finding and hiring his replacement, and inconvenience.
    There are regulations for players contracts, though, which limit the time in which they can buy out their contract. Generally a manager's worth is the remaining terms of his contract. This is an odd clause, to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    What's funny is that I served a family of villas-boas' at my job last week in London. A beautiful young woman (wife/girlfriend) some older women (mum and grandmother age) and one older man and some kids. I had a feeling it was tied to the Porto coach and the Chelsea job but no one believed me.
    It's all making sense now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Woah....

Was this at a hotel?
    Oh noooo, I work at the apple store on regent street, and loads of celebrities come in from time to time. They pretty much kept to themselves, spoke in Spanish/Portugese (I couldn't tell) but seemingly had lots of money.

I did think it was peculiar.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...380210,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Lets do this shiz.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Would be interesting to see what additions/removals he makes to the Chelsea squad

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait to see who he brings in! From his interview you can tell he wants to change Chelsea, says he wants a new approach. So excited to see who he brings in and HOPE HOPE he plays McEachran next season!

ReputationRep:
    Lampard should be dropped. There's no way he can keep going scoring deflections and getting lucky goals.

You can tell he's declining. Anyone agree at all....

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea gona win quadruple next year
    end of convo !

ReputationRep:
    Well, at least abramovich didnt go for this guy...

ReputationRep:
    This Villas Boas fella...

does he speak English or speak it well?

ReputationRep:
    He speaks German. That's it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    This Villas Boas fella...

does he speak English or speak it well?
    Yeah, one his grandmothers was english.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13879271.stm

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...madrid-in-5m-a

Apparently Falcao almost has agreed personal terms Another potential starting striker is not what's needed >< Hes awesome dont get me wrong but yeah...still

ReputationRep:
    the hell are we going to do with another centre forward? spend the money on sanchez/neymar ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    the hell are we going to do with another centre forward? spend the money on sanchez/neymar ffs.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...re-villas-boas

Personally hate the site but out of those, who would you guys want?

Sneijder, VdW and I've not seen Moutinho but it's either him/Sneijder or Modric.

Apparently AVB can turn bit part players in to world class ones, he did it with Fernando at Porto last season apparently. Moutinho plays the Deep lying playmaker role so that would mean Mikel wouldn't start.

ReputationRep:
    Call me crazy, but if I was AVB I'd do this..

A 4-3-3 formation.

BuyHulk and Neymar and use them as attacking wingers to replace Anelka and Malouda on the wing. Torres as the main central striker

As for the centre, I'd buy Moutinho and Modric. Play Moutinho in the central defense position, with Modric as attacking. In the centre I'd play Ramires with Essien or Lampard. Lampard is a key figure, but he is much slower than before.

In defense.. It'd be Ivanovic as right back and Cole as left back. Luiz and Terry as centre backs and Cech as goalkeeper.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Call me crazy, but if I was AVB I'd do this..

A 4-3-3 formation.

BuyHulk and Neymar and use them as attacking wingers to replace Anelka and Malouda on the wing. Torres as the main central striker

As for the centre, I'd buy Moutinho and Modric. Play Moutinho in the central defense position, with Modric as attacking. In the centre I'd play Ramires with Essien or Lampard. Lampard is a key figure, but he is much slower than before.

In defense.. It'd be Ivanovic as right back and Cole as left back. Luiz and Terry as centre backs and Cech as goalkeeper.
    In the process spending about £140m?

Do you really think he has those sorts of funds available?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Yeah, one his grandmothers was english.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13879271.stm
    Apparently a grandmother from Manchester. Unlike most Man U supporters.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.