Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I know Essien is a huge player for us, but from December onwards he looked a shadow of the player he once was. In fact, I'd say that in the last few months of the season, he rivalled Malouda for being our worst player. His passing and drive went, not to mention his 'engine,' he looked laboured for the last few months of the season.

In all honesty I think this may be a blessing in disguise for us, let him have couple of months off, come back to full fitness, and hopefully we'll see the player with the same energy he once had.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/100342.html

Modric is not happy, definitely a lot more to come from this transfer saga...

ReputationRep:
    Modric would be amazing for us, but this situation is escalating like crazy. Seems like Redknapp and Levy are making a 'stand for football' by forcing players to honor their contracts, regardless of what happens. And looks like we've really pissed them off. Can easily see Utd coming in with a bid and spurs accepting, just because 'they went about it the proper way'.

And if they did get modric, we'd be screwed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Modric would be amazing for us, but this situation is escalating like crazy. Seems like Redknapp and Levy are making a 'stand for football' by forcing players to honor their contracts, regardless of what happens. And looks like we've really pissed them off. Can easily see Utd coming in with a bid and spurs accepting, just because 'they went about it the proper way'.

And if they did get modric, we'd be screwed.
    We'd be more screwed if they got Sneijder...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    We'd be more screwed if they got Sneijder...
    if we got modric and they got sneijder, i wouldnt mind so much. they've got such a strong team atm, I think next season'll be a real struggle regardless. Although it'll just be a 3 way horse race, with us, city and utd.

I'm just looking forward to seeing more of Luiz and Ramires. AVB has seen them both play before, so I can see them being used effectively. I was worried that under ancelotti - and especially after the 'disagreement' - that Luiz would be dropped for an extended period of time..

ReputationRep:
    ESSIEN OUT FOR 6 MONTHS

ReputationRep:
    fml

skysports says we'll make an improved bid for modric, looks like we need this transfer more now.

ReputationRep:
    ....Great...right we're going to need a top class CM now. A huge bid for Sneijder, Moutinho or Modric will go on now..But what about his versitility, none of the above can play in different positions?

ReputationRep:
    I love Melissa Joan Hart ever since she was in sabrina the teenage witch and even more now that shes on melissa & joey. I heard she was going to b on an episode of Roccos Dinner Party, I just started watching that last week.. can't wait to see her on on it I also noticed he has this fun promotion going on where u could win a trip to NYC..I wish I was at the dinner table with her

ReputationRep:
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    MIKE ESSIEN iS QUITE SICK

ReputationRep:
    This could be a blessing in disguise tbh. Ramires is better than the current Essien, who was a shadow of his former self last season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    This could be a blessing in disguise tbh. Ramires is better than the current Essien, who was a shadow of his former self last season.
    I agree in a way, ever since Essien had injuries involving his knees he hasn't been the same player. In contrast, Ramires has seemed to settle in fairly well and I'm sure to expect the same if not more from him next season.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...391413,00.html

First game back in and a 3-0 win, loved to see that AVB had used all the kids in this game and reading the article above they played well! Rajkovic played his first game for Chelsea. Torres scored woo! xD

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at this sweet goal from Benayoun in the practice match against Wycombe.

http://soccer-portal.org/goal-of-the..._source=CFCROB

ReputationRep:
    We're chasing Modric, but we're probs gonna end up with Scott Parker...who I wouldn't mind having for a season long loan.

ReputationRep:
    Modric handed in his transfer request today, so it'll be interesting to see what happens next

ReputationRep:
    £5m for a season long lona + £70,000 a week wages is absolutely obscene and pointless.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.givemefootball.com/premie...suit---reports

Also read somewhere that Modric really is wanting the Chelsea move, but Dawson has supported Redknapp and Levy in keeping their star players such as Modric, Bale, Van Der Vaart etc

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...393457,00.html

YES! Great news!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.