Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Granted i haven't watched a lot of Josh McEachren, but as you Chelsea fans have, would you say he's more in the mould of Xavi as opposed to Wilshere who would be likened to Iniesta?

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily, just Carlo played him deeper in games probably just to help introduce him to the first team, so he has more time on the ball etc. At youth level he would usually play as a number 10 from what I saw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    Granted i haven't watched a lot of Josh McEachren, but as you Chelsea fans have, would you say he's more in the mould of Xavi as opposed to Wilshere who would be likened to Iniesta?
    What Cfc said but his passing is really good and can become Xavi like. I'm always reminded of Xavi when I see him.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf56xfUoLdA

Seems like a mould of the two to me. I think that video follows most of his touches/passes during the match. He has so much potential... hopefully we dont bother getting a replacement for Lamps, because McEachran is quality. He's being conservative in the video there, not taking too many risks, which is fair enough I suppose...

ReputationRep:
    Heard that Aston Villa put in a 7m bid for Scott Parker

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth away today.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf56xfUoLdA

Seems like a mould of the two to me. I think that video follows most of his touches/passes during the match. He has so much potential... hopefully we dont bother getting a replacement for Lamps, because McEachran is quality. He's being conservative in the video there, not taking too many risks, which is fair enough I suppose...
    I think ever since we saw him last season, the club and the fans (us) know that he will be the Lampard replacement, Lamps is 32 now, so he's got a good couple seasons in him at least, so I think this upcoming season will be the grooming period for McEachran. Lamps came out and said that he's tutoring him (Interaction with player xD Oh Football Manager :P)

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...bault-courtois

We signed the Genk goal keeper.

ReputationRep:
    you love goal.com haha

ReputationRep:
    Well its on skysports too:

"Chelsea see me as the successor to Petr Cech," he admitted recently.

"It won't happen in one or two years, but in three, four or five years. I can therefore work on my development in peace."

ReputationRep:
    you love goal.com haha
    It's a habit :P I really need to get rid of it. I do check BBC and Sky too but for some reason or another close it and post the goal link, always happens xD haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Well its on skysports too:

"Chelsea see me as the successor to Petr Cech," he admitted recently.

"It won't happen in one or two years, but in three, four or five years. I can therefore work on my development in peace."

Those quotes were ages ago...

ReputationRep:
    What are you going to do with Turnbull and Hilario now? I assume you'll sell one of em

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully get rid of Turnbull, complete waste of space...

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth match was pretty poor, only plus point with Yossi playing a good half when he was subbed on. Terry kicked someone in the chest and then got given the free kick in his favour :pierre:

Turnbull and Hilario both looked poor, Bosingwa was disappointing, Torres didn't look sharp (but neither did anyone, really).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Portsmouth match was pretty poor, only plus point with Yossi playing a good half when he was subbed on. Terry kicked someone in the chest and then got given the free kick in his favour :pierre:

Turnbull and Hilario both looked poor, Bosingwa was disappointing, Torres didn't look sharp (but neither did anyone, really).
    Yeah, was a bit disappointed in all honesty. We could of easily lost 3-1 in my opinion. There was the penalty and those two huge errors by one of the youth defenders. Terrible game.

ReputationRep:
    I think Courtios will probably go on loan.

Actually think Turnbull looked solid today.

Both errors in the second half seemed to come from misunderstandings with Hilario as to who was going for the ball, lack of communication really. First was from Chalobah I think which he then managed to clear and then I think Bosingwa was the second which JT/Bertrand cleared.

Pretty unspectacular game, fairly good support today though. No real stand out performances of note, just a fair few solid ones.

ReputationRep:
    Apparantely there's alot of speculation of Sam Hutchinson returning; anyone know about this? A mate just told me....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lamps08)
    Apparantely there's alot of speculation of Sam Hutchinson returning; anyone know about this? A mate just told me....
    Didn't Chelsea release him? Seems a bit unlikely to resign a player they released..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Didn't Chelsea release him? Seems a bit unlikely to resign a player they released..
    He actually retired beginning of last season- Had aload of knee injuries. I've been told from an avid Chelsea fan he's gone to Dubai and they think they've fixed his knee..... He was a great prospect

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.