Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I would think Ivanovic, but we need to wait and see what he does with David Luiz, he hasn't seen him yet, but I would think the back 4 will be, Iva, Luiz, Terry, Cole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...399894,00.html

2 new signings to come in within 8-10 days, I don't think that includes the new keeper since hes on his way to Spain atm, so it should be Romeu, who will apparently be part of the first team and one more. Hope to God it's a creative midfielder. Wait I know it's a long shot but it could be Pastore? Cause Palermo and Pastore's Agent has said his future will be resolved in a week or so, so it could be him? =O
    Modric or Pastore, either would be great. Modric is proven in this league though, but he may be more expensive than Pastore (although i seem to remember palermo putting a 50mil price tag on him a while back )

looking forward to the coming week now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    I would think Ivanovic, but we need to wait and see what he does with David Luiz, he hasn't seen him yet, but I would think the back 4 will be, Iva, Luiz, Terry, Cole.
    He'll have seen Luiz and Ramires from their time at Benfica, I think... or maybe just Luiz.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Modric or Pastore, either would be great. Modric is proven in this league though, but he may be more expensive than Pastore (although i seem to remember palermo putting a 50mil price tag on him a while back )

looking forward to the coming week now.
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...helsea-palermo

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...058252,00.html

My theory became a bit more reliable!

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait! Hope they are true! I think this chase will be easier than Modric because Palermo are actually letting Pastore go

ReputationRep:
    Oh and we're playing Thailand All stars today at 1:15pm I think

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Can't wait! Hope they are true! I think this chase will be easier than Modric because Palermo are actually letting Pastore go
    Well then we'll find out in a few days . I mean Palermo are saying he's leaving Italy and their in advanced talks with Chelsea, who are willing to pay the price and it's been City, Chelsea and Roma. Roma can't match the spending power and City wouldn't be able to guarantee first team football whereas with Chelsea, well we're in of a creative CM :P.

4-0 victory, finally something convincing. Torres was completely marked out of the game.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about "convincing", as Sturridge, Torres and Anelka were all useless in the system. Torres took up a lot of good positions in the middle admittedly, but neither of the other two (nor anyone else) could ever get the ball to him from wide in an even vaguely acceptable manner. He looked bored at how poor the delivery was, frankly.

Midfield was better, defense was ok although Van AanHolt and Bosingwa struggled at times. Hilario was as much a legend as ever :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Well...your right lol. The front 3 are all strikers :P, Anelka and Sturridge prefer being central so that could be a reason as to why we weren't so potent infront of goal. Pastore is a must then, he'll provide some quality balls to Nando. I think it's going to be Ashley Cole - Bertrand - PvA interms of LB priority and Ivanovic to start at RB. Slobodan Rajkovic is a real talent at CB :O. Ive been impressed by him.

ReputationRep:
    Anelka and Sturridge were both awful in front of goal as well. Especially Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    I know im posting a lot lately and everyone's enjoying summer but unfortunately im still here at home with all my friends out of the country so hence the couple extra posts but the my main question is that, is anyone worried about the lack of transfer activity going on? AVB says August he'll make decisions but that gives him 14 days to make transfers before the first game otherwise he has the whole month. Yeah, we signed a new keeper today but hes in Spain. I'm thinking this is one of the 2 transfers the CEO was talking about. Not that im not happy with the squad its just that I'd love to see a creative midfielder, if we just get that one signing for the summer I'll be glad really! Come on Javier Pastore! Sign for us in a couple days! Josh can fill in for Essien even though looks like Oriol Romeu will be part of the first team giving John Obi Mikel some competition.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    I know im posting a lot lately and everyone's enjoying summer but unfortunately im still here at home with all my friends out of the country so hence the couple extra posts but the my main question is that, is anyone worried about the lack of transfer activity going on? AVB says August he'll make decisions but that gives him 14 days to make transfers before the first game otherwise he has the whole month. Yeah, we signed a new keeper today but hes in Spain. I'm thinking this is one of the 2 transfers the CEO was talking about. Not that im not happy with the squad its just that I'd love to see a creative midfielder, if we just get that one signing for the summer I'll be glad really! Come on Javier Pastore! Sign for us in a couple days! Josh can fill in for Essien even though looks like Oriol Romeu will be part of the first team giving John Obi Mikel some competition.
    Call me an optimist, but I reckon we'd be fine in the creative midfield position with McEachran. He did so well against Malaysia XI in a more advanced position... assist for Ivanovic's goal with an inch-perfect pass. It's just that the rest of the team needs more energy, and it's sort've happening gradually now. I remember reading a quote where it sounds like AVB is happy with the prospect of playing 3 strikers, with two playing as fake wingers. i.e. sturridge/malouda/anelka/kalou, but I'd rather have a more exciting winger... or just play kakuta some more.

Speaking of kakuta, why hasnt he been playing in preseason??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Call me an optimist, but I reckon we'd be fine in the creative midfield position with McEachran. He did so well against Malaysia XI in a more advanced position... assist for Ivanovic's goal with an inch-perfect pass. It's just that the rest of the team needs more energy, and it's sort've happening gradually now. I remember reading a quote where it sounds like AVB is happy with the prospect of playing 3 strikers, with two playing as fake wingers. i.e. sturridge/malouda/anelka/kalou, but I'd rather have a more exciting winger... or just play kakuta some more.

It puts a lot of pressure on a young man though, he's 18 at the end of the day. Yes, he's talented but I don't think he's ready to be our main creative force in midfield. I'd like to see him start 10+ games next year, but 30+ (which you're implying he would) is just ridiculous really.

We really need a creative midfielder and a winger, however much anyone dresses it up, we won't get anywhere near winning anything next year without those two signings at least.

ReputationRep:

Was just thinking about Wayne Bridge, random I know, and remembered this beauty.

Oh the memories, :dice:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    It puts a lot of pressure on a young man though, he's 18 at the end of the day. Yes, he's talented but I don't think he's ready to be our main creative force in midfield. I'd like to see him start 10+ games next year, but 30+ (which you're implying he would) is just ridiculous really.

We really need a creative midfielder and a winger, however much anyone dresses it up, we won't get anywhere near winning anything next year without those two signings at least.
    Thats true, I'd love him to be a central part of the club but he's just turned 18 and he still needs to learn. Lamps is tutoring him atm. Well I can see AVB making the front 3 a good attack because at Porto Hulk's a striker and he played on the left, not sure about their RW though. Wouldn't mind just a creative option tbh.

Edit: What a goal that was! Need those moments again soon!

(Original post by Yawn-er)

That was a fantastic assist really it was! It just shows the potential that we'll be seeing next season! I hope he has that moment where he assists that winning goal against a big 4 club or Champions League xD. Oh and Kakuta is at the Under 20 Euros till the 20th of August. Same reason why Oriol Romeu that DM we're signing hasn't agreed personal and done a medical. I hate this cause how will AVB see Kakuta, I reallly want him to play!

ReputationRep:
    Gonna watch this match against Kitchee.

Rajkovic is an absolute beast :zomg:

ReputationRep:
    Just missed the first half, but hopefully the second half should be good! Could anyone fill me in on how the first half went?

ReputationRep:
    Need to watch the highlights of the game but fantastic result and sounds like we played with fluency.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11865_7064329,00.html

Pastore to choose from PSG or Chelsea and its apparently only a matter of time. Didn't he say he wanted to play in the Champions League for a big club? No disrespect to PSG but they have just got some big owners and aren't in the CL. People are saying he'd be stupid to turn down a move to Chelsea but I do hope he uses his head. Come on Javier! Let me start a weekend with some great news! :P.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge, Benayoun, Drogba and Kalou really stood out for me in the 2nd half. Torres seemed to move with more confidence and flair after hitting the post, but then only 2 minutes were left. He seemed very stationary in the box and just lacked an attacking instinct. Sturridge really wow'ed me, played fantastic!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Need to watch the highlights of the game but fantastic result and sounds like we played with fluency.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11865_7064329,00.html

Pastore to choose from PSG or Chelsea and its apparently only a matter of time. Didn't he say he wanted to play in the Champions League for a big club? No disrespect to PSG but they have just got some big owners and aren't in the CL. People are saying he'd be stupid to turn down a move to Chelsea but I do hope he uses his head. Come on Javier! Let me start a weekend with some great news! :P.
    Tbh I'm sceptical of Pastore, I've seen him a few times and whilst being talented, I wonder whether he'll be able to deal with the pace of the premier league, or even settle at all.

IMO, £35 million is a massive amount for a player, who in my eyes, is still relatively unproven. Especially when we could get Nasri for ~£20m.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.