Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Benayoun was fantastic. Sturridge impressed too.

We've been linked with adam johnson, hmm. Doubt city would want to sell him to us though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Benayoun was fantastic. Sturridge impressed too.

We've been linked with adam johnson, hmm. Doubt city would want to sell him to us though.
    I think Benayoun can fill in the void for creative midfielder too, he's impressing me in every game!

ReputationRep:
    http://www.360footballnews.com/premi...m-bid-for-hulk

ReputationRep:
    I read that and was like O_O, I don't think we've bidded after just paying £50 million for Torres but damn Ronaldo went for 80 and Hulk was just subject to a £70 million bid. I would have sold him if I was Porto.

ReputationRep:
    As key as Hulk is for Porto, they aren't going to get a better offer for him than that. fools.

but i really hope that wasn't us who made that bid. such a rip, we could make 2-3 amazing signings with that money.

ReputationRep:
    PALERMO will decide whether to accept Chelsea’s bid for Javier Pastore after the club’s Europa League clash with Thun tonight.

ReputationRep:
    oh ffs just sign already!

ReputationRep:
    I dont wanttt pastore. Would rather have that money spent on modric. I have a feeling pastore'd be a dodgy buy.

ReputationRep:
    I dont wanttt pastore. Would rather have that money spent on modric. I have a feeling pastore'd be a dodgy buy.
    I share your concerns, but only problem is that Tottenham aren't going to sell Modric unless they recieve a hugely inflated figure. However Palermo are willing to sell Pastore, but you could be right, he could take time to adjust.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I share your concerns, but only problem is that Tottenham aren't going to sell Modric unless they recieve a hugely inflated figure. However Palermo are willing to sell Pastore, but you could be right, he could take time to adjust.
    Would also mean a limit on the match time players like Ramires and McEachran would get. Could hamper both their development. Ramires has been excelling rapidly, and from the sounds of it, performed well at the Copa America. Might be better if we didnt get anyone tbh. Or if we did, we'd be better off getting someone experienced and can perform immediately.

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he's rejected you guys for PSG now, and will be unveiled as their player in a staggering $45m deal

http://twitter.com/#!/LaraBaldesarra...28712635760640

ReputationRep:
    Would also mean a limit on the match time players like Ramires and McEachran would get. Could hamper both their development. Ramires has been excelling rapidly, and from the sounds of it, performed well at the Copa America. Might be better if we didnt get anyone tbh. Or if we did, we'd be better off getting someone experienced and can perform immediately.
    If we went into this season with the same squad we won't be winning anything. Everyone else is strengthening their squad, and ours is gradually aging for every year that passes. Ramires had a great season last year and I think he can start for us regularly now, but McEachran needs quite a lot more time. Yeah i would have preferred an experienced player, I actually wanted Scott Parker on loan for a year, but that transfer saga seems to have died now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    If we went into this season with the same squad we won't be winning anything. Everyone else is strengthening their squad, and ours is gradually aging for every year that passes. Ramires had a great season last year and I think he can start for us regularly now, but McEachran needs quite a lot more time. Yeah i would have preferred an experienced player, I actually wanted Scott Parker on loan for a year, but that transfer saga seems to have died now...
    I dont think it's our midfield that's been letting us down though. And remember, we didnt start the season with David Luiz and Torres. Having them two at the start will make a difference. (Torres has been looking sharper lately, just needs to get into the right frame of mind tbh)

It's the supply to the strikers. Drogba and Torres both had to come deep whenever they were playing, and our wingers were more interested in scoring themselves. i.e. malouda, who seems to have forgotten how to get to the byline and cross, and Zhirkov who cant seem to dribble the ball past any fullback and passes it back all the time. Ramires was full of energy and him and Luiz were driving the team forward at times.

A team of:

Malouda - Torres/Drogba - Sturridge

Lampard - Ramires - Benayoun

Cole - Terry - Luiz - Ivanovic

Would have more than enough creativity, with Lamps and Ramires shifting between the DM position. Lamps played there against Kitschee and did fairly well.

ReputationRep:
    I dont think it's our midfield that's been letting us down though. And remember, we didnt start the season with David Luiz and Torres. Having them two at the start will make a difference. (Torres has been looking sharper lately, just needs to get into the right frame of mind tbh)

It's the supply to the strikers. Drogba and Torres both had to come deep whenever they were playing, and our wingers were more interested in scoring themselves. i.e. malouda, who seems to have forgotten how to get to the byline and cross, and Zhirkov who cant seem to dribble the ball past any fullback and passes it back all the time. Ramires was full of energy and him and Luiz were driving the team forward at times.

A team of:

Malouda - Torres/Drogba - Sturridge

Lampard - Ramires - Benayoun

Cole - Terry - Luiz - Ivanovic

Would have more than enough creativity, with Lamps and Ramires shifting between the DM position. Lamps played there against Kitschee and did fairly well.
    Lamps says he's played and could play there but he'll still drive forward when he can. That could be our best starting 11 tbh. Benayoun is awesome, he needs to start with Ramires and Lamps.

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3276/...lsea-on-friday

I think Saturday we'll find out where he's moved. Apparently he's agreed to join PSG but this quote from the Palermo Pres, claims its not done and he will meet us tomorrow. Let's see...a new signing by Sunday if he comes.

ReputationRep:
    Hope he goes to PSG tbh. MUCH prefer Nasri/Modric. We're going to spend the same on Pastore as Spurs want for Modric, insanity when you think about it.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OsIq...eature=related

Good times :')

Why can't we do this anymore? D: We need Eidur Gudjohson back guys.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OsIq...eature=related

Good times :')

Why can't we do this anymore? D: We need Eidur Gudjohson back guys.
    Almost 6-7 years ago? Wow, time flies! Without a doubt one of the best teams we've ever had, all the players were fantastic and at their prime esp Frankie. And we had Jose of course

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Almost 6-7 years ago? Wow, time flies! Without a doubt one of the best teams we've ever had, all the players were fantastic and at their prime esp Frankie. And we had Jose of course
    I hope AVB can bring the joy we had that night back to the Bridge again! Frankie's still a top top player! I feel sorry for Terry, Ferreira, Lampard, Drogba the guys that have been here since the start wanting a Champions League with this club. Come on AVB bring the CL home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    I hope AVB can bring the joy we had that night back to the Bridge again! Frankie's still a top top player! I feel sorry for Terry, Ferreira, Lampard, Drogba the guys that have been here since the start wanting a Champions League with this club. Come on AVB bring the CL home!
    Couldn't agree more! When Terry slipped up in that final, I felt that was just really bad luck.. Anyways, talking of AVB, we got our match against Villa tommorow. Looking foward to see how we do against a Premier League side

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Couldn't agree more! When Terry slipped up in that final, I felt that was just really bad luck.. Anyways, talking of AVB, we got our match against Villa tommorow. Looking foward to see how we do against a Premier League side
    Here's where we can see the team against sterner opposition! Excited to see what happens tbh! Torres to score a brace xD

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.