Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Here's where we can see the team against sterner opposition! Excited to see what happens tbh! Torres to score a brace xD
    That or Sturridge to do some magic

I've heard that we should find out by the next 24 hours whether we've beaten PSG to the signing of Javier Pastore.. I think that PSG can't really offer what we can offer him in terms of trophies, wages etc

ReputationRep:
    I was there that night, stood in the Matthew Harding when that 'dinho goal went it, never been more shocked in my life. Such a good goal though :sogood:

Edit: just got goose pimples watching the video, what being a fan is all about!

ReputationRep:
    Torres with his first touch :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    I had my driving lesson so I missed the whole game T_T. I hear his touch was sublime!

OH and some news on Pastore. He's joining PSG.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/tran...cle778724.html

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)

A few things. Firstly, howtf can Abramovich not bargain his way to securing a deal. We've spent so long on this and now its all gone to waste. Other clubs get their signings done quickly and efficiently, we take fricking forever. it really pisses me off, we've just lost out to some noob Europa league team.

But i guess every cloud has a silver lining, maybe we can actually invest in a good right winger which is where I priorities should lie first.

And here's what made Pastore join PSG:

"Pastore is happy. I advised him to go to Paris because it is the most beautiful city in the world and I think the PSG will become one of the best clubs in the world with Leonardo and the Prince of Qatar.''

What rubbish. Looks like PSG is the new Manchester City, taken over by billionaires who are going to ruin future talents.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    A few things. Firstly, howtf can Abramovich not bargain his way to securing a deal. We've spent so long on this and now its all gone to waste. Other clubs get their signings done quickly and efficiently, we take fricking forever. it really pisses me off, we've just lost out to some noob Europa league team.

But i guess every cloud has a silver lining, maybe we can actually invest in a good right winger which is where I priorities should lie first.

"Pastore is happy. I advised him to go to Paris because it is the most beautiful city in the world and I think the PSG will become one of the best clubs in the world with Leonardo and the Prince of Qatar.''

What rubbish. Looks like PSG is the new Manchester City, taken over by billionaires who are going to ruin future talents.
    It is quite annoying that we aren't getting any of our targets. Are there any creative midfielders left? lol Sneijder anyone? Well we have to hope that AVB knows what hes doing in terms of transfers, he said August and that starts in a couple days, so I'm expecting at least one Big signing for our midfield (I include wingers here) because I don't see a reason why we would need more defenders or strikers. Its annoying when United and Liverpool have made 3 big transfers but its okay guys cause even Arsenal have made a big transfer of Gervinho even though its not but for them it is xD

ReputationRep:
    Was a good game for us Blues today, could of scored even more goals today! But I'm glad Torres found the net, hopefully it's the start of many.

PSG becoming one of the best clubs in the world? I don't really care what French people say, but the EPL is probably 10 times more tougher than the French league. The best French team is probably Lyon and whenever they come face to face with a tough team in the CL, they fizzle out and get torn into pieces.

Eitherway, Pastore or no Pastore.. It should be seen as a good thing. We have McEachran, Ramires, Lampard, Benyaoun, Mikel, Romeu.. We got quite a few midfielders to choose from as it is. Gives McEachran a chance to play more often and hopefully develop his skills further.

edit: 40m for modric? http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...r-pastore-snub

ReputationRep:
    Right this slightly worries me: The Portuguese boss was also non-committal on Chelsea's apparent lack of signings this summer.

"We have plenty of time still to decide, the squad is very, very good," he said.

"We have good talent. Maybe we will be the exception in the transfer market, I don't know. I'm already doing something by bringing the best players that we sent on loan back to the club."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz1Tcdg10xW

It's not that I don't want our youngsters to play, it's that, can we win the league and all with them? And we need to build for the future. JMac, Ramires, Mikel, David Luiz, Torres, Kakuta (I want to see this boy play behind the striker, I think he can do wonders! :coma:), PvA, Rajkovic, Bruma, Ivanovic, Sturridge, Essien Fantastic players but we may need an extra stellar signing maybe? This season would be a nice time to get one. He's waiting for soo long that all the good players will have moved around already V_V. Rajkovic, Josh McEachran, Kakuta and Sturridge are who I want to see playing quite abit next season =o and who I think realistically out of the kids will have playing time.

Edit: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_7071536,00.html

ReputationRep:
    hey chelsea people did you guys sign our wonderboy oriol romeu or not? coz he played twice for us since i was announced AND he is in the squad tonight against united.
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Almost 6-7 years ago? Wow, time flies! Without a doubt one of the best teams we've ever had, all the players were fantastic and at their prime esp Frankie. And we had Jose of course

(Original post by iRush)
    I hope AVB can bring the joy we had that night back to the Bridge again! Frankie's still a top top player! I feel sorry for Terry, Ferreira, Lampard, Drogba the guys that have been here since the start wanting a Champions League with this club. Come on AVB bring the CL home!

(Original post by Hemzo)
    Couldn't agree more! When Terry slipped up in that final, I felt that was just really bad luck.. Anyways, talking of AVB, we got our match against Villa tommorow. Looking foward to see how we do against a Premier League side

(Original post by iRush)
    Here's where we can see the team against sterner opposition! Excited to see what happens tbh! Torres to score a brace xD

(Original post by Hemzo)
    That or Sturridge to do some magic

I've heard that we should find out by the next 24 hours whether we've beaten PSG to the signing of Javier Pastore.. I think that PSG can't really offer what we can offer him in terms of trophies, wages etc

(Original post by maccy7)
    I was there that night, stood in the Matthew Harding when that 'dinho goal went it, never been more shocked in my life. Such a good goal though :sogood:

Edit: just got goose pimples watching the video, what being a fan is all about!

(Original post by iRush)
    I had my driving lesson so I missed the whole game T_T. I hear his touch was sublime!

(Original post by iRush)
    It is quite annoying that we aren't getting any of our targets. Are there any creative midfielders left? lol Sneijder anyone? Well we have to hope that AVB knows what hes doing in terms of transfers, he said August and that starts in a couple days, so I'm expecting at least one Big signing for our midfield (I include wingers here) because I don't see a reason why we would need more defenders or strikers. Its annoying when United and Liverpool have made 3 big transfers but its okay guys cause even Arsenal have made a big transfer of Gervinho even though its not but for them it is xD

(Original post by Hemzo)
    Was a good game for us Blues today, could of scored even more goals today! But I'm glad Torres found the net, hopefully it's the start of many.

PSG becoming one of the best clubs in the world? I don't really care what French people say, but the EPL is probably 10 times more tougher than the French league. The best French team is probably Lyon and whenever they come face to face with a tough team in the CL, they fizzle out and get torn into pieces.

Eitherway, Pastore or no Pastore.. It should be seen as a good thing. We have McEachran, Ramires, Lampard, Benyaoun, Mikel, Romeu.. We got quite a few midfielders to choose from as it is. Gives McEachran a chance to play more often and hopefully develop his skills further.

edit: 40m for modric? http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/footbal...r-pastore-snub

(Original post by iRush)
    Right this slightly worries me: The Portuguese boss was also non-committal on Chelsea's apparent lack of signings this summer.

"We have plenty of time still to decide, the squad is very, very good," he said.

"We have good talent. Maybe we will be the exception in the transfer market, I don't know. I'm already doing something by bringing the best players that we sent on loan back to the club."

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...#ixzz1Tcdg10xW

It's not that I don't want our youngsters to play, it's that, can we win the league and all with them? And we need to build for the future. JMac, Ramires, Mikel, David Luiz, Torres, Kakuta (I want to see this boy play behind the striker, I think he can do wonders! :coma:), PvA, Rajkovic, Bruma, Ivanovic, Sturridge, Essien Fantastic players but we may need an extra stellar signing maybe? This season would be a nice time to get one. He's waiting for soo long that all the good players will have moved around already V_V. Rajkovic, Josh McEachran, Kakuta and Sturridge are who I want to see playing quite abit next season =o and who I think realistically out of the kids will have playing time.

Edit: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_7071536,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Nice way to get our attention lol.

He's having a medical in Columbia while hes on under 20 world cup duty, our doc has gone there to do it. So it shouldn't be long.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I can see where AVB is coming from with the line:

'The squad is very, very good. The talent we have is good talent. Maybe
    we will be the exception and not do anything in the transfer market.'

We played really well today. Having Sturridge back has definitely strengthened us, and with Torres gaining more confidence, he'll definitely be more lively... Luiz and Ramires are coming back to strengthen the team, and I wouldnt be surprised if both of them struggled to get into the team at the moment, Luiz in particular. Ivanovic and Bosingwa have done well. The only teams that'll be a threat to us are Utd and City, and those matches basically come down to luck. With a scoring Torres and a ready Drogba, we should be fine to win.

And I'm glad we didnt get pastore! I have a feeling he'd be direct competition with McEachran. Pastore is only 22, not yet experienced and would need a while to adapt... modric is probably the better buy tbh. Especially if we would've had to bid 40m for pastore.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Nice way to get our attention lol.

He's having a medical in Columbia while hes on under 20 world cup duty, our doc has gone there to do it. So it shouldn't be long.
    Bah okay, take good care of him.At least you're giving us 5 million and not 300k a la fabregas. Just don't be *******s when we want him 6 years from now!

ReputationRep:
    we need to get nasri

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, I can see where AVB is coming from with the line:

'The squad is very, very good. The talent we have is good talent. Maybe
    we will be the exception and not do anything in the transfer market.'

We played really well today. Having Sturridge back has definitely strengthened us, and with Torres gaining more confidence, he'll definitely be more lively... Luiz and Ramires are coming back to strengthen the team, and I wouldnt be surprised if both of them struggled to get into the team at the moment, Luiz in particular. Ivanovic and Bosingwa have done well. The only teams that'll be a threat to us are Utd and City, and those matches basically come down to luck. With a scoring Torres and a ready Drogba, we should be fine to win.

And I'm glad we didnt get pastore! I have a feeling he'd be direct competition with McEachran. Pastore is only 22, not yet experienced and would need a while to adapt... modric is probably the better buy tbh. Especially if we would've had to bid 40m for pastore.
    Tbh with you, the main thing I want is that David Luiz starts games :P, his attacking mindset, determination and commitment is really suited to this system, because he wants to start from the back and when we loose the ball get it back asap. Our midfield will have quite a bit of competition this season. So where does McEachran play best then? the Mikel, Lampard or the Number 10 role? =o

ReputationRep:
    And now we're back for Modric...
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...071536,00.html

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...073936,00.html

Apparently we're signing anymore players after Oriol Romeu. So if the Modric bid works then it does otherwise we're keeping the same squad. A couple of the players will go on loan.

ReputationRep:
    Some of you need to get over yourself. " The only team that will be a threat to us are Utd ans City"..Didn't Arsenal beat you 3-0, we slipped up at the end yes but we are coming back stronger this season. kmt

ReputationRep:
    Obviously not

ReputationRep:
    hh

ReputationRep:
    Hmm. I'm mulling over what a team without Terry, Lamps and Drogba would look like... and Mikel and Essien... due to injuries/suspensions or whatever.

Malouda - Torres - Sturridge/Anelka

Zhirkov/McEachran - Ramires - Benayoun

A. Cole - Alex - Luiz - Ivanovic

Hmm. Could work. Feels lightweight in midfield though.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.