Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Maybe move Alex into midfield and play a youth as CB.

ReputationRep:
    Typical arrogant Arsenal fans :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Typical arrogant Arsenal fans :rolleyes:
    lol :P

(Original post by Yawn-er)
    Hmm. I'm mulling over what a team without Terry, Lamps and Drogba would look like... and Mikel and Essien... due to injuries/suspensions or whatever.

Malouda - Torres - Sturridge/Anelka

Zhirkov/McEachran - Ramires - Benayoun

A. Cole - Alex - Luiz - Ivanovic

Hmm. Could work. Feels lightweight in midfield though.
    Move David Luiz in to midfield with Benayoun/McEachran and Ramires, Luiz has played DM before and he's got some power and strength. Then we can play Rajkovic or Bosingwa/Ferreira comes in at RB and Ivanovic moves in to the middle :P.

Malouda/Zhirkov - Torres - Sturridge/Anelka

McEachran/Benayoun - Luiz - Ramires

A.Cole - Alex - Ivanovic/Rajkovic - Bosingwa/Ferreira/Ivanovic.

(Original post by Colonel.)
    Maybe move Alex into midfield and play a youth as CB.
    We'd move Luiz not Alex since Luiz has actually played DM.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...achkala-report

Apparently we're loosing Zhirkov this week to Anzhi in Russia. Could this entice AVB to dive in to the market? Cause of his versitility to be able to play; LB, LW, CM

ReputationRep:
    zhirkov wasnt any good. i think we have enough players for the season. maybe get modric, but 40m is too much. 30 should be the price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...achkala-report

Apparently we're loosing Zhirkov this week to Anzhi in Russia. Could this entice AVB to dive in to the market? Cause of his versitility to be able to play; LB, LW, CM
    Hmm.. I think for CM we have plently of players. LB we have Bertrand, Cole and Van Aanholt, for LW we got Malouda, Sturridge and Kalou(?). But I would welcome an addition to the squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Hmm.. I think for CM we have plently of players. LB we have Bertrand, Cole and Van Aanholt, for LW we got Malouda, Sturridge and Kalou(?). But I would welcome an addition to the squad
    Yeah I know lol, but I really wanted to see him fulfill his potential at Left wing! D:

ReputationRep:
    aahh, I had high hopes for Zhirkov. Too bad.

I guess this means the money will fund a move for another player.

ReputationRep:
    Such a shame about Zhirkov. He could have done great things but sadly never had the opportunity to shine, not with Ashley Cole and Malouda playing so well in his positions. In fact he deserves to be a starter not a sub, so in that way i'm happy that he'll have the opportunity to do that at another club. And £15m for him isn't a bad deal, we're only making a £3m loss. I'm very intrigued by who AVB will bring in now.

aahh, I had high hopes for Zhirkov. Too bad.

I guess this means the money will fund a move for another player.
    He'll always be the greatest left winger in the game for us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Such a shame about Zhirkov. He could have done great things but sadly never had the opportunity to shine, not with Ashley Cole and Malouda playing so well in his positions. In fact he deserves to be a starter not a sub, so in that way i'm happy that he'll have the opportunity to do that at another club. And £15m for him isn't a bad deal, we're only making a £3m loss. I'm very intrigued by who AVB will bring in now.

haha, I think I jinxed him tbh. Resisting the temptation to post a new one of McEachran/Luiz.

Man, I'm really worried that Luiz wont start as often this season... AVB has hardly seen him this preseason.

ReputationRep:
    haha, I think I jinxed him tbh. Resisting the temptation to post a new one of McEachran/Luiz.

Man, I'm really worried that Luiz wont start as often this season... AVB has hardly seen him this preseason.
    Surely this was down to having a rest post Copa America - Ramires has hardly played either

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

I always start him in FM over Malouda xD. His replacement will be interesting though.

Don't talk about McEachran and Luiz we need them on song xD.

That's the first thing I was worried about with AVB not having seen Luiz this pre season , Rajkovic has more of a chance to start than Luiz and same with Ramires. I hope we start with Luiz though lol. Is it me or did Alex get less minutes this pre season and apparently Juventus are coming in with a £6 million offer for him too. From the looks of things, we could be seeing, Bosingwa - Ivanovic - Terry - Cole as our back 4?

(Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Surely this was down to having a rest post Copa America - Ramires has hardly played either
    Ramires played every game for Brazil but Luiz was on the bench for every game, so he's still "fresh" though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Ramires has played often in the copa america, so he's probably match fit. Although he's taken a bit of a break now. Luiz just sat on the bench, which is why I'm worried.

In other news, looks like the pato transfer 'saga' will continue. highly highly doubt this will happen.

Sturridge/Malouda - Torres/Drogba - Pato would be unreal though.

ReputationRep:
    i doubt that the pato deal will happen but it would be nice if it did. At least we are looking to the future these days and not just buying players passed there prime (shevchenko). In pre season we have used the youngsters a lot more and have signed two young players so i'm happy with the club outlook atm. On another point how do people feel about us vs rangers

ReputationRep:
    we need new quality strikers!!

ReputationRep:
    How's Torres been looking in pre-season? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    How's Torres been looking in pre-season? :holmes:
    2 goals and the one goal was with his first touch of the game :coma: Confidence is building well.

ReputationRep:
    Can't wait for this week's game against Rangers and even more interested to see who AVB uses for his starting 11 against Stoke.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport...ml?CMP=OTC-RSS

Do we need anymore strikers? But we will be offloading Anelka or Kalou in the process..

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...%28Football%29

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...409841,00.html

It's official, we've signed Oriol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...409841,00.html

It's official, we've signed Oriol
    Woo fantastic another Defensive Midfielder/Centre Back kid :P Just what we needed xD

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.