Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I somehow don't think Rangers will be fielding anything close to their starting XI, having played their quali last night.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    I somehow don't think Rangers will be fielding anything close to their starting XI, having played their quali last night.
    Plus they've just started the SPL, doubt they would want any injuries.. Probably subs and reserves with a few of the starting 11.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...409841,00.html

It's official, we've signed Oriol
    Hmmm what's interesting is that "The deal includes a buy-back clause of 10 million Euros after a year, rising to 15 after the second year".

So effectively if he develops into a great player they can just buy him back...which kind of sucks. but i think with a buy back clause he doesn't HAVE to go back if he doesnt want to right? I mean we do now have full ownership of him?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Hmmm what's interesting is that "The deal includes a buy-back clause of 10 million Euros after a year, rising to 15 after the second year".

So effectively if he develops into a great player they can just buy him back...which kind of sucks. but i think with a buy back clause he doesn't HAVE to go back if he doesnt want to right? I mean we do now have full ownership of him?
    Now that is weird.. I think it would probably expire after a certain point, atleast I hope it does.. I don't know why, but the buy-back clause just seems to me as if he's simply acting as a replacement for Essien rather than looking to establish himself at the Bridge..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Now that is weird.. I think it would probably expire after a certain point, atleast I hope it does.. I don't know why, but the buy-back clause just seems to me as if he's simply acting as a replacement for Essien rather than looking to establish himself at the Bridge..
    Barca don't want to get bitten like they have with Cesc. They put a similar clause in the deal with Roma for Bojan.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Barca don't want to get bitten like they have with Cesc. They put a similar clause in the deal with Roma for Bojan.
    The Cesc saga's gone on for long enough and I guess I can see where Barca are coming from. I'm hoping Oriol will stay, but I guess it'll depend on who's more successful at the time and whether he's part of that sucess.

ReputationRep:
    This buy-back clause is weird. Surely it depends on the player though? If he wants to stay, he can? I can see someone like AVB developing a good rapport/speaking to him about the clause and getting him to stay... I HOPE.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    This buy-back clause is weird. Surely it depends on the player though? If he wants to stay, he can? I can see someone like AVB developing a good rapport/speaking to him about the clause and getting him to stay... I HOPE.
    Thing is it's a 2 year Buyout clause - and given the fact he's a DM...and they've got Mascherano and Busquets I can't overly see them wanting to buy him back anyway..

Excited about the transfer, although can't say I'm not disappointed in the fact we've signed a young spanish DM who played for Barca B whereas Utd are chasing Sneijder...that saga worries me deeply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Thing is it's a 2 year Buyout clause - and given the fact he's a DM...and they've got Mascherano and Busquets I can't overly see them wanting to buy him back anyway..

Excited about the transfer, although can't say I'm not disappointed in the fact we've signed a young spanish DM who played for Barca B whereas Utd are chasing Sneijder...that saga worries me deeply.
    Yeah, but I expect that Puyol will retire soon, and Busquets will take the CB position. They look like they're dissatisfied with Mascherano tbh, and I cant blame them. He is ****e, haha.

Romelu Lukaku looks set to join us. I dont really know what to expect from him... and half-didnt want him, with all the strikers we have in the team, but just been watching a few youtube clips of him (the ones where it follows all his touches/passes and shiz) and I'm starting to get a little excited.

There's moments where he looks like a bit of a heskey, tbh. But this is his international debut:

He really starts to get going at 4.50. Wrestling off 3 players :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Not sure if it was because of nerves but his first touch was sunday league level.

Does have promise but reminds me of Heskey far too much.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, but I expect that Puyol will retire soon, and Busquets will take the CB position. They look like they're dissatisfied with Mascherano tbh, and I cant blame them. He is ****e, haha.

Romelu Lukaku looks set to join us. I dont really know what to expect from him... and half-didnt want him, with all the strikers we have in the team, but just been watching a few youtube clips of him (the ones where it follows all his touches/passes and shiz) and I'm starting to get a little excited.

There's moments where he looks like a bit of a heskey, tbh. But this is his international debut:

Yeah looks like he is, he claims that only Torres and Drogba stand in his way to first team as he considers, Sturridge, Kalou and Anelka wide players who play on the flanks instead of central so he's going to get game time. This saga is turning into a mini Fabregas one, can it just end soon please? lol

""I wouldn't play immediately if I join a top European club but I will be in an environment that will make me stronger. I will need a period of adjustment, perhaps a season, before I can compete.

"Sturridge, Kalou and Anelka would be playing out on the flank, so you have two central strikers - Drogba and Torres - but usually only one will play.

"But even at a club where there are three strikers competing for one place, you'll always play games because those clubs play 70 games in a year.

"Anything can happen at the big clubs. There may be players sold, so they would need me. I am waiting.""

ReputationRep:

Is it me or for his second goal, does he send the other guy flying?

Rangers game today btw everyone =D

ReputationRep:
    Daniel Sturridge! What a player! 2 goals . Hope he gets a 3rd! and I hope Nando scores too D:! Come on Nando & Danny!

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge played badly before his first goal tbh, but did well afterwards.

Torres though... :coma: sensational stuff. Looking so confident. Had a hand in both goals, really.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge played badly before his first goal tbh, but did well afterwards.

Torres though... :coma: sensational stuff. Looking so confident. Had a hand in both goals, really.
    Torres is getting better with each game. True but he looked a different player later. Guys honestly, Benayoun is the playmaker we need this season, had some fantastic through balls.

ReputationRep:
    How's Malouda looking in pre-season?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    How's Malouda looking in pre-season?
    fantasy prem tips? haha, he's done fine really. I think he's scored a couple of goals, but wasnt really a standout performer. Torres, McEachran and Benayoun stood out more for me tbh.

I've still put him in my team though...

ReputationRep:
    Heard that we've officially sold Zhirkov and we've agreed a fee for Lukaku.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Heard that we've officially sold Zhirkov and we've agreed a fee for Lukaku.
    Yep, BBC says £13.2m, which is decent. Oh, and apparently we had an £18m bid rejected for Lukaku last month! What the hell...

edit: OK looks like he definitely is coming...
    (Original post by @romelulukaku twitter account)
    Is going next to london for the medical tests... More news next week

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Yep, BBC says £13.2m, which is decent. Oh, and apparently we had an £18m bid rejected for Lukaku last month! What the hell...

edit: OK looks like he definitely is coming...
    Villas-Boas was more lucid about his interest in Anderlecht striker Romelu Lukaku.

Chelsea have been monitoring Lukaku for some time and the Blues reportedly had an £18million offer turned down for the player last month.

He said: "He is a very interesting young prospect and the situation is now that we have to position ourselves to maybe get this kind of talent.

"So I would say that anything can happen."

He's coming for sure, after Lakaku's comments and this I think he will :P

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.