Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Confirmed on Anderlecht's official site: http://www.rsca.be/go/nl/article/299...sca_en_chelsea

I can't understand what it says but I'm sure it means a deal has been agreed

ReputationRep:
    I feel bad for sturridge. Clearly wants to play up front, and doing all he can to do it, but we're still buying strikers...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    I feel bad for sturridge. Clearly wants to play up front, and doing all he can to do it, but we're still buying strikers...
    It's a long term signing though. Drogba's 33, both him and Anelka have 1 year left on their contracts. Kalou is also on his last year, and there are no signs of an extension. Thats potentially 3 attacking players lost next season, so it makes sense to buy a striker right now. Only Torres and Sturridge have solid time remaining on their contracts.

Also remember the ACON this season, we're losing Drogba and Kalou for about a month between Jan and Feb so we'll be short up front during that time.

I just have a bad feeling we're forking out more than we needed to on this one...(and not for the first time).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    It's a long term signing though. Drogba's 33, both him and Anelka have 1 year left on their contracts. Kalou is also on his last year, and there are no signs of an extension. Thats potentially 3 attacking players lost next season, so it makes sense to buy a striker right now. Only Torres and Sturridge have solid time remaining on their contracts.

Also remember the ACON this season, we're losing Drogba and Kalou for about a month between Jan and Feb so we'll be short up front during that time.

I just have a bad feeling we're forking out more than we needed to on this one...(and not for the first time).
    Hmm, that's fair enough then. I just hope Sturridge knows this and doesnt throw a strop about the number of strikers here now.

We'll be losing Mikel for that too, I think... Mceachran :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    lol I bet he isnt really 18
    http://sports24x.com/wp-content/uplo...u-Lukaku-1.jpg

What part of that doesn't look 18 to you? :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...412397,00.html

It's done v_v one in and one out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)

Drogba is in talks for a contract extension but not Kalou or Anelka btw.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...an-starlet-who

Lulaku interview

ReputationRep:
    Really enjoyed the friendly today, always good seeing Chelsea at Ibrox

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/3378/...-out-of-brazil

Minor injury, thank God he won't be playin the friendly! May have a chance of of playing against Stoke =o. No wonder he wasn't at Rangers and I thought well he sat on the bench for the Copa America...and Ramires was playing 90 mins.

ReputationRep:
    Lukuku looks like he could either be a Heskey or Drogba.

Lets hope the pressure doesn't get to him.

Can see him bumping off to Spain in a few years where he will enjoy a slow pace.

I might put £100 on Lukuku to be the most offside player in the league.

He really is unathletic

ReputationRep:
    Actually pretty annoyed that we've signed Lukaku. Spending £20+ addressing our frontline, which doesn't really need adding to, is ridiculous. AVB has seemingly missed our problem. If we don't get a winger and a midfielder, we won't be anywhere near winning anything...

ReputationRep:
    I think with Lukaku's arrival.. Kalou or/and Anelka may find themselves on the transfer market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I think with Lukaku's arrival.. Kalou or/and Anelka may find themselves on the transfer market.
    Both hopefully. Useless, the pair of them.

ReputationRep:
    Anelka has said he's seeing out his deal, ergo limiting his value on the market.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhillBraithwaite)
    Lukuku looks like he could either be a Heskey or Drogba.

Lets hope the pressure doesn't get to him.

Can see him bumping off to Spain in a few years where he will enjoy a slow pace.

I might put £100 on Lukuku to be the most offside player in the league.

He really is unathletic
    Don't you mean Italy? Spain is still fairly fast paced!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vddj0...layer_embedded
    Is all you need to know about this guy, he wants to play for us for the right reasons. I hope he's a massive success. Hopefully Drog can mould him nicely.

ReputationRep:
    What's your starting back 4 likely to be in the opening game?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Da_hopeful_1)
    What's your starting back 4 likely to be in the opening game?
    cole terry alex ivanovic

don't think luiz would be at full fitness.

ReputationRep:
    Surprise, surprise, launching another bid for Modric. Now £30m.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_7086190,00.html

ReputationRep:
    Why isn't Luiz going to be fit? Playing murder with my fantasy footy

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.