Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Luiz had a knee injury recently I believe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    Why isn't Luiz going to be fit? Playing murder with my fantasy footy
    Tendonitis.

(Original post by maccy7)
    Actually pretty annoyed that we've signed Lukaku. Spending £20+ addressing our frontline, which doesn't really need adding to, is ridiculous. AVB has seemingly missed our problem. If we don't get a winger and a midfielder, we won't be anywhere near winning anything...
    The thing is that he wants to play for us, he loves the club he will put in the effort to learn and grow as Jimi said. Look at it this way, we have Drogba's replacement :P. Well new Modric bid is coming in so there's the midfielder problem. If Anelka/Kalou leave thats our right wing options out. So I'd rather us buy a winger than a midfielder with the emergence of Josh McEachran and the return of Ramires and Benayoun from Copa and injury. Oh and there's Kakuta who's on international duty to return!

(Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Don't you mean Italy? Spain is still fairly fast paced!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vddj0...layer_embedded
    Is all you need to know about this guy, he wants to play for us for the right reasons. I hope he's a massive success. Hopefully Drog can mould him nicely.
    True and hope he does. I think we might be seeing one more player come in this year, don't know where and who but I have a feeling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Surprise, surprise, launching another bid for Modric. Now £30m.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,20876_7086190,00.html
    Don't understand why we're going for £30m, it's only £3m on top of the previous bid, need at least £35m if we really want him...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Don't understand why we're going for £30m, it's only £3m on top of the previous bid, need at least £35m if we really want him...
    Guess you periodically increase bit by bit until Spur's "No, no chance" changes to a "Well maybe for X amount or we'll think about it" or any sort of indication that a deal can be reached and then go in with more realistic amounts?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a big Chelsea fan coming from Australia. Will be living in London for a while. What are the chances of getting tickets to a game (any game)?

Any tips would be great. I've done the tour at the bridge twice.

ReputationRep:
    Buy membership on the website and then its pretty easy to get tickets for most matches after that.

ReputationRep:
    Fantastic, Nando has just been taken off after 15 mins after he's picked up an injury with Spain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Fantastic, Nando has just been taken off after 15 mins after he's picked up an injury with Spain.
    How bad an injury is it?!?!?!!? AGH.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Fernando Torres got injured. But you guys got Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge. Maybe he would have been on the bench?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    Fernando Torres got injured. But you guys got Drogba, Anelka and Sturridge. Maybe he would have been on the bench?
    maybe. we've no idea who will be starting for us. AVB has been shifting the team around like crazy during preseason. Getting everyone fit.

Odd twitter reports on the injury. Either it's an ankle knock, or he felt like he was going to faint and couldnt hear? Second one is more worrying tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge is suspended for the first 3 games which is a shame. Would have been great to see him get a chance on the right after his pre-season and continue that good form. Regardless of Torres' potential injury, for Stoke away I would start Drogba anyway.

ReputationRep:
    is there a minimum rest period for players who've suffered from concussion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    is there a minimum rest period for players who've suffered from concussion?
    Chicarito was rested for 3 weeks ><

Edit: Reports coming in saying Benayoun to be offered in exchange for Modric.

No.

ReputationRep:
    Heard Di Matteo was at the friendly where Neymar was playing for Brazil. Rolando is linked to us and I heard that Falcao was linked to Real Madrid.

Doubt we need any more strikers, but I'm not too sure about Benayoun.. I think he's been playing great in pre-season! If anything, I would offer them Kalou or Anelka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Heard Di Matteo was at the friendly where Neymar was playing for Brazil. Rolando is linked to us and I heard that Falcao was linked to Real Madrid.

Doubt we need any more strikers, but I'm not too sure about Benayoun.. I think he's been playing great in pre-season! If anything, I would offer them Kalou or Anelka.
    I think it's all rubbish, Benayoun has been fantastic and AVB has mentioned him as a catalyst to our season. A winger or Modric will do for me tbh and if we don't get Luka Modric then I won't be complaining. Oh and btw guys Torres was taken off as a precautionary measure.

ReputationRep:
    Torres is available for the weekend then according to Villas Boas. I would still start Drogba though for Stoke.

Just read Oriol Romeu will have the no.6 shirt and McEachran no.20 for next season too on the Chelsea site.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Torres is available for the weekend then according to Villas Boas. I would still start Drogba though for Stoke.

Just read Oriol Romeu will have the no.6 shirt and McEachran no.20 for next season too on the Chelsea site.
    So Carvalho and Deco's old numbers :P sounds good! McEachran finally get's a proper squad number. So we won't be seeing Lukaku till the West Brom game at least, deal to be finalised this week.

Malouda - Drogba - Anelka

Lampard - Mikel - Benayoun

A. Cole - JT - Alex - Ivanovic

Cech

This is the team I think will play with Ivanovic being a doubt meaning Bosingwa or Ferreira will deputise.

ReputationRep:
    I think Ramires will start rather than Benayoun.

ReputationRep:
    Ahman, I really want Alex to play more often this season. He's a really good player.

Malouda - Torres/Drogba - Sturridge
    Lampard - Luiz - Benayoun/Ramires
    A. Cole - Terry - Alex - Ivanovic

We'd never concede.

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz defensive midfield? I'm not sure.. I really like Mikel there.

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.