Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Preston away good tie.
    Someone different. Saw your added time comment in the Utd thread, ha. You not seen the Guardian study?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-stoppage-time

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Someone different. Saw your added time comment in the Utd thread, ha. You not seen the Guardian study?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...-stoppage-time

:yep:
    I hadn't seen it but I'm not surprised. It's almost expected nowadays that United must get at least 4+ minutes E.T at OT if they aren't winning. Still, at least Ferguson continues to act as a professional post match defeat.

ReputationRep:
    I'm really not liking these stories on us being linked with Emile Heskey :nope:

ReputationRep:
    I am. Good short term option.

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not either. I know he's scored 3 goals over 65 games, which means he's in the form of his life, but come on....

Let him go to lolerpool.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I am. Good short term option.
    LOL, seriously? He's essentially a tree trunk. Completely devoid of any technical ability.

ReputationRep:
    I rather annoy Tottenham and bid for Defoe.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, they'd rip us off for him. If we're looking for a Drogba type player Heskey's the one, not Defoe.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not after a Drogba-type player though. We have scored our fair share of bobbles and hoofs, so Livercrumble can take over properly on that.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want us to buy any strikers (unless we look for a genuinely good third striker that's better than Kalou which I doubt we are) but if we were going to be looking for a striker, I'd look for a short term Drogba type player, and he fits the bill. That, or, Ancelotti starts putting much more faith in Borini & Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    If we wanted a striker that didn't score we would have recalled Di Santo from his loan spell. Frankly, for me, we don't even need to buy another striker in January. ACON is only for one month, in that time our fixtures are all winnable, and we'll have Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou for strikers. Not the best, but definitely enough to manage with by the time Drogba returns.

Although, I'm still not fully informed as to what has happened to our transfer ban and so January may be a good time to make the most of our opportunity in the transfer market. I know it was suspended through appeal, but surely that's not the last of it?

ReputationRep:
    Exactly Skadoosh

People seem to be forgetting it may well be the case that we cannot sign players in summer - if that's the case - surely we'll want to get in the player we would want in summer, now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    and we'll have Anelka, Sturridge and Kalou for strikers. Not the best, but definitely enough to manage with by the time Drogba returns.
    say what?

ReputationRep:
    Kalou is, in fact, a walking pile of poo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    say what?
    Perhaps Kalou is, in fact, magical and can be in two places at once?

I lol'd at the lazy journalism linking ye with Heskey.

ReputationRep:
    he's alright as an impact sub. he should never start though.

ReputationRep:
    He's our Babel?

City allegedly asking for £7m. Oh dear. How much playing time did he get in his final season at City? £2m tops.

ReputationRep:
    He's our Babel?
    meh i was thinking more like our Bendtner. although that is a major compliment to him :p:

ReputationRep:
    He's our Babel?

City allegedly asking for £7m. Oh dear. How much playing time did he get in his final season at City? £2m tops.
    We should get the value of his contract, since thats what he is worth to you so it follows its close to what hes worth to us. Also he had a lot of injuries last season.

ReputationRep:
    He's our Babel?

I've read of £10m being sought as a 'development fee'. I think it should be up to £2m upfront and then some add-ons for future related things[apps, success], though the final possible fee shouldn't be more than £6m, imo.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.