Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by centreofthepitch)
    Torres looked really up for it against Stoke, I really thought he'd convert one or two of the chances he got. Was unlucky with the Shawcross ninja tackle but the movement, determination and shooting sense all seem to be there or thereabout. Just what we need.

I'm personally hoping for a new winger before the transfer window closes. Kalou does a decent job, Anelka is more of a striker of course and Malouda is slowly declining in talent. Why
    didn't we accept the offer that Serie B team stuck in for him? I would've liked Zhirkov to have stayed, he had a hell of a lot of pace to offer down the wing, and had a decent cross too.

Kalou decent job ? He was mediocre played without conviction . He has been at the club for a number of years , you would expect him to understand the chemistry of the team and improve his awareness when passing the ball. however its the complete opposite , he is so frustrating to watch and its time we got rid of him not needed as an impact sub because he is useless

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...tottenham-as-a

Kalou to be offered in the Modric deal, can't say I'm disappointed tbh lol, wouldn't mind Kalou going the other way, but then it leaves us with, Malouda, Anelka and Sturridge available for both wings. Ofc if we get another winger and midfielder then we're totally fine and I just realised that Oriol Romeu should be back at Cobham soon, they lost at the U20 world cup to Brazil 2 nights ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by centreofthepitch)
    Torres looked really up for it against Stoke, I really thought he'd convert one or two of the chances he got. Was unlucky with the Shawcross ninja tackle but the movement, determination and shooting sense all seem to be there or thereabout. Just what we need.

I'm personally hoping for a new winger before the transfer window closes. Kalou does a decent job, Anelka is more of a striker of course and Malouda is slowly declining in talent. Why didn't we accept the offer that Serie B team stuck in for him? I would've liked Zhirkov to have stayed, he had a hell of a lot of pace to offer down the wing, and had a decent cross too.
    Yeah, I'm surprised Chelsea sold him, he had a bit of trickery too, Malouda is declining, I think he had 2 good seasons and since then he's gone downhill, Zhirkov is 28 and would have at least 3 good seasons left in him.

Torres looked good but nowhere near the player he was for us in 07/08. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see him at his best again.

ReputationRep:
    Sad for Sturridge that he's going to be pushed out wide despite having the ability to out score every striker in your squad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_2)
    Torres looked good but nowhere near the player he was for us in 07/08. Unfortunately I don't think we'll ever see him at his best again.
    This season will be make or break for him. now he's not the main man, lets see how he deals with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc18)
    Kalou decent job ? He was mediocre played without conviction . He has been at the club for a number of years , you would expect him to understand the chemistry of the team and improve his awareness when passing the ball. however its the complete opposite , he is so frustrating to watch and its time we got rid of him not needed as an impact sub because he is useless
    Kalou didn't reach what was expected of him, He should be loaned out to sunderland or something for him to get better. I don't think he should be offloaded. He's fast and can score goals when needed.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_7105965,00.html

I just found our mystery winger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,,11668_7105965,00.html

I just found our mystery winger
    There is a LOT of talk about sending De Bruyne back out on loan to Genk, which would suggest that this guy is one for the future and definitely not in our first-team plans. Kalou would be more useful atm. Which is tragic.

On a more positive note, Eljero Elia says he'd be interested in joining either us or Arsenal. Now he would be a winger. Another flying dutchman. Yesplease.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    There is a LOT of talk about sending De Bruyne back out on loan to Genk, which would suggest that this guy is one for the future and definitely not in our first-team plans. Kalou would be more useful atm. Which is tragic.

On a more positive note, Eljero Elia says he'd be interested in joining either us or Arsenal. Now he would be a winger. Another flying dutchman. Yesplease.
    Ahh yeah, there is. He looks good though! Wow Kalou being useful xD

Eljero Elia! What a player, would love him and best thing is he can play both sides and is an inside forward!

Imagine a front 3 of:

Elia - Torres - Sturridge

PACE.

:coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)

Eljero Elia! What a player, would love him and best thing is he can play both sides and is an inside forward!

Imagine a front 3 of:

PACE.

Would be brilliant tbh. Cant see him costing more than 15m either. Hopefully we do go for it... Exactly what we need to get behind defenses and catch them on the counter. Torres would have a field day

ReputationRep:
    Lolz the De Bruyne stuff is months old, but he just broke his leg didn't he? :creep:

ReputationRep:
    Apparently he should be back in around 4 weeks... strange?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)

Imagine a front 3 of:

PACE.

Would definitely be different to our old front 3 of drogba anelka and malouda.

ReputationRep:
    Seen you guys are signing the 15 y/o Somali-Scottish kid playing for Celtic (think his name is Islam Feruz, not entirely sure).

Looks like he's going to be a top player. :yy:

ReputationRep:

Stay the **** away from Feruz.

ReputationRep:
    hah, looks like a look of celtic fans are peeved about this one

ReputationRep:
    Pity he's so many years away from having a shot in the PL.

Wish the board would sort their acts out when it comes to signing players. So many decent wingers in the world who we could sign, and year after year we put our interest in players out and don't sign them in the end.

We don't need a Ronaldo, or a Messi, just any ****ing improvement on Kalou, Malouda and Anelka.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Pity he's so many years away from having a shot in the PL.

Wish the board would sort their acts out when it comes to signing players. So many decent wingers in the world who we could sign, and year after year we put our interest in players out and don't sign them in the end.

We don't need a Ronaldo, or a Messi, just any ****ing improvement on Kalou, Malouda and Anelka.
    I'm still surprised we sold Zhirkov, he was never played and was better than Malouda and younger, just that malouda suddenly got to a good standard. anyway, sturridge is there and can play as a right winger, so really we need a left winger, which could have been zhirkov since he's fast and can cross as well as malouda i think better than him, this is why we have a bad reputation for messing up players, had him for two seasons and only played him when cole was injured.

ReputationRep:
    Just seen the highlights of the Stoke game, can barely believe you didn't score, although Kalou was pretty useless, Torres was on fire.

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.