Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Kalou has been useless for a few seasons now.

ReputationRep:
    Kalou's alright, I actually prefer him to Anelka and possibly Malouda. That said I wouldn't be bothered if he ever left.

Apparently we are in for Mata.. would be a great signing.

ReputationRep:
    Torres+30 million for Robinho

ReputationRep:
    Could try Drogba on the wing, he's probably not as fast as he once was, but he can still put in a good cross, cut inside and dribble past players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whyistherenohumour)
    Torres+30 million for Robinho
    I wondered why we never put in a bid for robinho when he wanted to leave man city.

ReputationRep:
    I know everyone is excited about Sturridge, but until the Rangers game in preseason I was completely convinced he was wasted out on the right wing. Against quality teams in the PL I don't know if he can handle being out of position week in and week out. For one thing he can't cross, and another he still has a problem with decision making.

All the more reason for us to go out and buy a ****ing out and out pacey winger ffs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    I know everyone is excited about Sturridge, but until the Rangers game in preseason I was completely convinced he was wasted out on the right wing. Against quality teams in the PL I don't know if he can handle being out of position week in and week out. For one thing he can't cross, and another he still has a problem with decision making.

All the more reason for us to go out and buy a ****ing out and out pacey winger ffs
    And, we don't actually have a damn out and out winger except Malouda and even then question's are raised

Eljero Elia! Come on!

Oh and Modric has been left out of the Europa League game, think Spurs are thinking of selling now?

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading that Redknapp had said he disagreed with the chairman, that at the end of the day if a player wants to go so badly you just have to let them go and get the money for them. But he also said he thought he was worth a lot more than £27m

Given the ridiculous state of the transfer market I don't think £30m is ridiculous for Modric, but much more than that and we really are insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    I remember reading that Redknapp had said he disagreed with the chairman, that at the end of the day if a player wants to go so badly you just have to let them go and get the money for them. But he also said he thought he was worth a lot more than £27m

Given the ridiculous state of the transfer market I don't think £30m is ridiculous for Modric, but much more than that and we really are insane.
    After giving 50 for Torres, you really think we are?

But Modric is no Torres.

ReputationRep:
    Juan Mata bid rejected. Looks like the club is looking for a winger. Finally.

ReputationRep:
    Cech injured for 3-4 weeks? ****

ReputationRep:
    I didn't see this coming. Did you guys know about it? :beard:

Romelu Lukaku signed today

ReputationRep:
    Cech injured. Does this mean Hilarious will play? :mmm: Or Turnbull?

Shame you haven't got harder fixtures really.

ReputationRep:
    What if they would have lost their harder fixtures anyway and this causes them to drop points where they wouldn't have before?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I didn't see this coming. Did you guys know about it? :beard:

Romelu Lukaku signed today
    Yeah he pretty much signed a while ago, he already trained with the squad like last week and its just been sorting out technicalities.

Chelsea have been haggling over the price all summer it seems.

I'm not massively impressed by him, sort of reminds me of a young Heskey But he does love the club, and has wanted to play here since he was 10, so I am happy the lad got his chance and hope training with Drogba, Torres and Anelka teaches him a lot before we offload him in a few years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Yeah he pretty much signed a while ago, he already trained with the squad like last week and its just been sorting out technicalities.

Chelsea have been haggling over the price all summer it seems.

I'm not massively impressed by him, sort of reminds me of a young Heskey But he does love the club, and has wanted to play here since he was 10, so I am happy the lad got his chance and hope training with Drogba, Torres and Anelka teaches him a lot before we offload him in a few years
    I'll go back and live under my rock.

His stats are fairly impressive and he's young enough for you guys to mould him into a better player. Will be an interesting development. Learning from Drogba and Torres though, the best :coma:

I hope he flops :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    Its his first touch that worries me more than anything, he isn't going to magically pick that up anywhere. I hope he scores a hattrick against Arsenal if we play them in the carling cup :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Its his first touch that worries me more than anything, he isn't going to magically pick that up anywhere. I hope he scores a hattrick against Arsenal if we play them in the carling cup :sogood:
    I have a feeling he'll do well, he's quick and can finish. Wouldn't mind seeing him boss the WBA defenders around even more the Norwich ones. Lukaku to score on debut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bamboleo)
    Cech injured for 3-4 weeks? faaaark
    Hilario in goal..Great :facepalm2:

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.