Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'd be a bit hesitant to let him go, but he'd probably won't get a regular spot in the Chelsea defence with Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole, but as a player I respect that he wants to play regulary.

We got waaay too many strikers and we need to get rid of a few: Torres, Drogba, Anelka, Lukaku, Sturridge, Kalou

I'd probably get rid of Kalou and Anelka. I believe Anelka's stated that he wouldn't mind leaving if he was told to go, but I think we could get a decent price for Kalou. Looking foward to see our foward three! I'd choose:

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I'd be a bit hesitant to let him go, but he'd probably won't get a regular spot in the Chelsea defence with Ivanovic - Luiz - Terry - Cole, but as a player I respect that he wants to play regulary.

We got waaay too many strikers and we need to get rid of a few: Torres, Drogba, Anelka, Lukaku, Sturridge, Kalou

I'd probably get rid of Kalou and Anelka. I believe Anelka's stated that he wouldn't mind leaving if he was told to go, but I think we could get a decent price for Kalou. Looking foward to see our foward three! I'd choose:

Sturridge - Torres - Mata
    Get Sturridge to play on the right and Mata on the left and we have a strike force to fear! =O

I need to stop reading Goal.com even though I go and read stuff there for fun :P

An article quoting Juan Mata saying that he might stay at Valencia because he can still grow as a player. They aren't challenging for the title, if he comes, he's playing champions league football with a team who has a chance of winning it and he can continue to develop and looking at things, he could be a key player for us. I just hope the deal is done soon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)

An article quoting Juan Mata saying that he might stay at Valencia because he can still grow as a player. They aren't challenging for the title, if he comes, he's playing champions league football with a team who has a chance of winning it and he can continue to develop and looking at things, he could be a key player for us. I just hope the deal is done soon.
    Or maybe he will just sit on the bench all year like Kakuta.

Besides it's not like you are the only champions league football side he could go to... He could go to Arsenal where he would play champions League football and probably develop more as a player than if he went to Chelsea.

Or you could make the argument that he is still young and may not want to live abroad just yet.

Just playing devil's advocate, I think you guys will get him. Modric, not a chance - but saying that I will probably end up eating my words.

ReputationRep:
    Kalou's hair looks ****ing stupid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    Kalou's hair looks ****ing stupid.
    Are Chelsea getting slaughtered by West Brom? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Duggan)
    Are Chelsea getting slaughtered by West Brom? :rofl:
    West Brom should be two nil up tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    West Brom should be two nil up tbh.
    I don't get why Drogba doesn't start. I think after this game they will begin to start him. He's as good as Rooney is

ReputationRep:
    Malouda's crossing is horrendous today ><. This more of a reason to bring in Juan Mata

Edit: Twitter's going crazy with confirmation that Juan Mata is being shown round Stamford Bridge and is watching the West Brom game atm.

ReputationRep:
    Holy ****, Bosingwa managed a decent cross! Shock and awe!

ReputationRep:
    Brave from AVB to sub Kalou off so quickly.

Lampard is past it. So, so ineffective. Yes, he was great for us, but at 33 really shouldnt be starting our games when we have a more creative player in Benayoun.

I expect the Mata deal to be completed soon, and a crazy bid for Modric coming in, because that match was painful. So so flat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Brave from AVB to sub Kalou off so quickly.

Lampard is past it. So, so ineffective. Yes, he was great for us, but at 33 really shouldnt be starting our games when we have a more creative player in Benayoun.

I expect the Mata deal to be completed soon, and a crazy bid for Modric coming in, because that match was painful. So so flat.
    Kalou can now go home and get some Fifa going cause that's where he's going to be starting the most.

We are desperately lacking in creativity, that was painful, at least with Mata we'll get some! He's at the Bridge now, so he must be having a medical or something now.

(Original post by UnWise)
    Holy ****, Bosingwa managed a decent cross! Shock and awe!
    Bosingwa may just turn out to be good this season! AVB loves flying full backs and he's the best we have!

ReputationRep:
    Credit to AVB, made the right decisions and they seemed to work. Considering that this West Brom squad is a squad to be reckoned with, I think we did a good job in getting the win.

As for the first goal, people were blaming Alex, but who passed it to him? It was a shocker of a pass tbh when I saw it, no where near him. Drogba, Lampard and Kalou were all ineffective today if you ask me. I know Drogba is a good player, but he lacked drive and just showed no effort for me. When Ivanovic crossed it in, the ball just brushed his shin and went off.. Our usual Drogba would've caught it on the volley and smashed it into the back of the net. Doesn't seem like the same player who used to score 20-30 goals a season.

Hope the Mata deal is completed before our next game, the thought of Kalou on the wing again :facepalm2:

Anelka, Ramires and Boswinga (after a while) all played well. Ivanovic to start now instead of Alex? Yes please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Credit to AVB, made the right decisions and they seemed to work. Considering that this West Brom squad is a squad to be reckoned with, I think we did a good job in getting the win.

As for the first goal, people were blaming Alex, but who passed it to him? It was a shocker of a pass tbh when I saw it, no where near him. Drogba, Lampard and Kalou were all ineffective today if you ask me. I know Drogba is a good player, but he lacked drive and just showed no effort for me. When Ivanovic crossed it in, the ball just brushed his shin and went off.. Our usual Drogba would've caught it on the volley and smashed it into the back of the net. Doesn't seem like the same player who used to score 20-30 goals a season.

Hope the Mata deal is completed before our next game, the thought of Kalou on the wing again :facepalm2:

Anelka, Ramires and Boswinga (after a while) all played well. Ivanovic to start now instead of Alex? Yes please.
    Apparently Luiz is back in training next week, so hopefully him. Despite being a defender, he's probably our most creative player... says something about the team really. Bosingwa's doing well though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Bosingwa may just turn out to be good this season! AVB loves flying full backs and he's the best we have!
    In his first season at Chelsea I recall him being the best right back in the League. Definitely has the ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deshi)
    In his first season at Chelsea I recall him being the best right back in the League. Definitely has the ability.
    With the new system and manager, I think he'll flourish and we've seen it against Stoke and West Brom now. He'll be back to his best soon. Hope we get Mata before the Norwich game and maybe even Modric, then we could see Torres getting some service.

ReputationRep:
    Feel pretty bad for WBA, 2 good displays against 2 top sides scoring in both and have come away with nothing, cruel game.

Don't understand how this is the same Chesea team who less than 12 months ago were taking teams apart for fun, with FIFA apology score lines, now looking pretty limp in attack. That said the stats were pretty decent 60% possesion and 12/10 on/off target.

ReputationRep:
    We've been playing like this for ages. Just dire going forward. That we still have Sturridge and David Luiz to come back who will help, and it looks like Mata will sign soon too. It would be nice to see Benayoun or McEachran to get a chance but it doesn't look like that will happen.

ReputationRep:
    Noticed in these first two games that your full-backs are playing very high (reminds of Chelsea under Scolari). Obviously it has its merits as we saw with Bosingwa's assist for the goal but it does leave you quite open on the counter. In a league where wing-play is quite dominant I don't think having full-backs that high up (unless you're in dire need of a goal) is a good idea but we'll see over the course of the season...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    We've been playing like this for ages. Just dire going forward. That we still have Sturridge and David Luiz to come back who will help, and it looks like Mata will sign soon too. It would be nice to see Benayoun or McEachran to get a chance but it doesn't look like that will happen.
    I heard McEachran is on 40k a week!! I just can't get my head around how an unknown entity can be on this much. 20k alright but 40k is insane.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.Duggan)
    I heard McEachran is on 40k a week!! I just can't get my head around how an unknown entity can be on this much. 20k alright but 40k is insane.
    That 2 million quid a year. More than you'll make in a lifetime. Suck it up son! Isn't he like 17 as well?

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.