Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Same with why you think us buying Diarra means we are going to get rid of Modric.

Just being hopeful.
    Ah, fair. We desperately need someone to be creative for us tbh. I know mata will help that a little.

ReputationRep:
    financially doped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Ah, fair. We desperately need someone to be creative for us tbh. I know mata will help that a little.
    Yes you do, but the arrogance with which your fans act is quite astounding. "Redknapp just take the 35m" "I am sure we have a deal for Modric already in place and we are just waiting for Diarra/Ade to go through to soften the blow for Spurs fans."

Just a couple of the comments for Chelsea fans on twitter and their forums. It is ridiculous that they still think we are going to sell the fulcrum of our team even after Levy clearly said we will not entertain any offers. I wonder what's going to happen to your fans once the financial regulations come in and money doesn't have as big a say as before.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Yes you do, but the arrogance with which your fans act is quite astounding. "Redknapp just take the 35m" "I am sure we have a deal for Modric already in place and we are just waiting for Diarra/Ade to go through to soften the blow for Spurs fans."

Just a couple of the comments for Chelsea fans on twitter and their forums. It is ridiculous that they still think we are going to sell the fulcrum of our team even after Levy clearly said we will not entertain any offers. I wonder what's going to happen to your fans once the financial regulations come in and money doesn't have as big a say as before.
    haha, I think there's ridiculously arrogant fans in all teams. I'm just taking it as it comes really. I know we're interested in modric, but won't be surprised if firstly, we bid a ridiculous amount soon, and secondly, that you reject it. Although the longer we wait, the more likely it is that you'll definitely reject it.

And fortunately, it looks like we're planning ahead for that (financial regulations). Anelka, Drogba and Lampard are probably the players with the most expensive wages. They're all above 30, and their time at chelsea is drawing to a close. That'll be millions saved. We're buying youngsters like Lukaku, Romeu, Courtois, Piazon while keeping McEachran, Sturridge and Van Aanholt/Bertrand on long term contracts. Chalobah our 16 year old and Rajkovic are both young centrebacks with quality who've played for the first team already. The rest of our squad is relatively young... Ramires, Luiz, Mikel and now Mata should be around for a long while yet.

We'll be fine. There's definitely a change of emphasis that'll become more apparent when the big guns leave in a season or two.

(Original post by dn013)
    Same with why you think us buying Diarra means we are going to get rid of Modric.
    Modric and Diarra are two different players, imo. I think it'd be Sandro's place that comes under threat. A Sandro/Modric partnership is pretty :coma: in itself, tbh.

ReputationRep:
    haha, I think there's ridiculously arrogant fans in all teams. I'm just taking it as it comes really. I know we're interested in modric, but won't be surprised if firstly, we bid a ridiculous amount soon, and secondly, that you reject it. Although the longer we wait, the more likely it is that you'll definitely reject it.

And fortunately, it looks like we're planning ahead for that (financial regulations). Anelka, Drogba and Lampard are probably the players with the most expensive wages. They're all above 30, and their time at chelsea is drawing to a close. That'll be millions saved. We're buying youngsters like Lukaku, Romeu, Courtois, Piazon while keeping McEachran, Sturridge and Van Aanholt/Bertrand on long term contracts. Chalobah our 16 year old and Rajkovic are both young centrebacks with quality who've played for the first team already. The rest of our squad is relatively young... Ramires, Luiz, Mikel and now Mata should be around for a long while yet.

We'll be fine. There's definitely a change of emphasis that'll become more apparent when the big guns leave in a season or two.
    Of all days to finalise my uni stuff I pick today :P

Woohoo Mata! Anelka leaves in a year, Drogba in about 2 years. I forgot to mention Piazon who Ive been wanting to talk about for a few days! :P He's someone I think AVB would look to use come January. I think we're sorting ourselves in terms of the future. Benayoun did say he would mention something about his future by wednesday on his twitter. Maybe a swap deal for Modric already in place and the money will be used to buy Diarra and Adebayour for Spurs, almost a replica of the Torres and Carroll saga that happened with Liverpool?

I'm just happy we beat Arsenal to Mata! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tucking Fypo)
    Modric and Diarra are two different players, imo. I think it'd be Sandro's place that comes under threat. A Sandro/Modric partnership is pretty :coma: in itself, tbh.
    Honestly mate, I know this isn't the place to discuss Tottenham formations lol, but...

I still think that any formation with Modric as a deep lying CM is weak defensively.... I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I would like the Sandro-Diarra DMs with Modric on the LW of a three, with Bale at LB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Honestly mate, I know this isn't the place to discuss Tottenham formations lol, but...

I still think that any formation with Modric as a deep lying CM is weak defensively.... I don't know, maybe it's just me. But I would like the Sandro-Diarra DMs with Modric on the LW of a three, with Bale at LB.
    Wouldn't Kranjcar be the Modric replacement if he leaves? Get a midfield trio of

VDV
    Diarra - Sandro - Krancjcar

Would be sufficient or are there other plans I'm not aware about? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I'd take Krancjar if they'd give him to us tbh, haha. Good player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Wouldn't Kranjcar be the Modric replacement if he leaves? Get a midfield trio of

VDV
    Diarra - Sandro - Krancjcar

Would be sufficient or are there other plans I'm not aware about? :holmes:
    No Kranjcar doesn't have the ball retention qualities of Modric. If he was such a solid replacement, then wouldn't you guys be interested in him... Cheaper, easier to get etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    No Kranjcar doesn't have the ball retention qualities of Modric. If he was such a solid replacement, then wouldn't you guys be interested in him... Cheaper, easier to get etc.
    True that :P but he played that day against Hearts and Harry / VDV kinda hinted towards him playing there more? :P But hey that's just what I thought, moving on from my useless comments xD

ReputationRep:
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...117022,00.html

Chelsea still interested in Modric. Pretty much expected. Might be wise to look at other players... which I'm sure we are doing. Gotze would do just fine.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...arn-Spurs.html

It'll get done eventually..

ReputationRep:
    Just been looking at some Juan Mata clips of his touches during the game. Not a conventional winger at all. He goes all over the pitch. More like a real number 10 than a Robben. We may still have the width issue...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...arn-Spurs.html

It'll get done eventually..

Read my post on the page before you arrogant glory supporter. Probably only supported Chelsea after they got money.

If you can't see the difference between the official club statement for berbatov/keane and that of Modric then you are too stupid to follow football.

Going to stop posting in the Chelsea thread now, but I can't wait until your sugardaddy gets bored and sells. Have fun with bankruptcy.

ReputationRep:
    Just been looking at some Juan Mata clips of his touches during the game. Not a conventional winger at all. He goes all over the pitch. More like a real number 10 than a Robben. We may still have the width issue...
    At least he's quickish and has creativity. He crosses too which is better than Malouda who we all know steps on to his left side. Every defender in the PL knows that and can easily stop him.

ReputationRep:
    Always nice to see people can take a joke. Oh, and for the record add and extra 10 years onto the 'after they got the money comment'.

Moving swiftly on...

I for one am very excited about the Mata transfer, hopefully he'll spark a bit of creativity into our stuttering midfield, let's hope we get the medical out of the way sooner rather than later so we can unleash the little spaniard on Norwich. As for Modric, I still sincerely reckon we'll end up signing him.....although I wouldn't be surprised if it's next summer instead, so I hope to god AVB has some contingency plans if Levy still doesn't budge. Given the game on the weekend and pre-season/entire of the second half of last season - we really need that one player who can pick up the ball and thread i through - too much are we playing it sideways (Frank, I'm looking at you here) which slows us down a lot, allowing such teams to regroup and crowd the midfield even more and also hardly plays to Torres' strengths...he's looked very lively over the past few games, get him some service and I'm positive things will begin to click.

Although I don't think this'll be the answer, completely out of the blue:
    http://www.fanatix.com/news/chelsea-...a-signing-838/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Always nice to see people can take a joke. Oh, and for the record add and extra 10 years onto the 'after they got the money comment'.

Moving swiftly on...

I for one am very excited about the Mata transfer, hopefully he'll spark a bit of creativity into our stuttering midfield, let's hope we get the medical out of the way sooner rather than later so we can unleash the little spaniard on Norwich. As for Modric, I still sincerely reckon we'll end up signing him.....although I wouldn't be surprised if it's next summer instead, so I hope to god AVB has some contingency plans if Levy still doesn't budge. Given the game on the weekend and pre-season/entire of the second half of last season - we really need that one player who can pick up the ball and thread i through - too much are we playing it sideways (Frank, I'm looking at you here) which slows us down a lot, allowing such teams to regroup and crowd the midfield even more and also hardly plays to Torres' strengths...he's looked very lively over the past few games, get him some service and I'm positive things will begin to click.

Although I don't think this'll be the answer, completely out of the blue:
    http://www.fanatix.com/news/chelsea-...a-signing-838/
    lol another forward, I thought we agreed on no more forwards xD. So he's a wide man. hmm wouldn't be surprised at all. A brand new front 3 lol xD

ReputationRep:
    can you please kindly leave our payers alone :huff:

ReputationRep:
    1212: FOOTBALL - Chelsea target Juan Mata on Twitter: "Travel to London for medical examination,and come back to Valencia to say goodbay to everybody as you deserve...thanks so much!"
    Guess it's pretty much sorted.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.