Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    SS claims we've made a bid for Alvaro Pereira. What position does he play exactly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    SS claims we've made a bid for Alvaro Pereira. What position does he play exactly?
    Anywhere on the left, just like a certain Russian you sold not so long ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    Hmm just recently Malouda was being linked with a move to Juve so we may need to reinforce that area...

in other news the Mata deal is completed and he trained today. Will he start against Norwich? it still feels very surreal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    While sitting in a plane for 2 hours, I decided to watch match of the day on my iPod and saw the Chelsea game. I realised properly how DEEP Torres was collecting balls nad passing them on! He was at the half way line at times! Mata is just what he needs and as you said if we can switch to a 4-2-3-1, Torres won't have to drop as much if we're playing Mata wide left or down the middle! Through balls, crosses this guy has it all! I was reading that Mata has the 2nd most assists in La Liga after Mesut Ozil, so that's a positive (I know its La Liga but still the stats prove that Torres, Drogba and Lukaku can benefit immensely!)

The whole Benayoun tweet should be revealed today, with him saying that on Wednesday he would reveal something about his future!
    Yeah, it's a bit crazy how he has to do that to fashion his own chances. I think I'm definitely an advocate of changing our formation now. Lamps wouldnt have to run around as much either in the 4231... and Torres would have a field day.

Is Sturridge available for the norwich game or is that his final ban? Looking forward to having him in the team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    No idea why Zhirkov was sold. Should have played when malouda died down, Though this guy pereira may be a replacement for malouda in the long term, seeing as he's 8 years younger than him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Hmm, you're starting to sway me a little bit. Hopefully my confidence in the team will be restored after a few more matches. As long as we get good service up to Torres - which he desperately needs, then I think we'll be fine. I was just watching his 'top 20 goals' video on youtube, and it's struck me how often he was put in on goal by his liverpool team mates. I genuinely cannot remember the last time torres was put in on goal by chelsea, either through good crosses or through balls. He's having to come in too deep far, far too often, and by the time he gets past one or two players, there's a load of players in the box pushing him out/tackling him.

Cannot wait till mata comes along and they develop some chemistry. Them working their magic would be a massive help. Is Sturridge available against Norwich? Could end up with a delicious new look front-line.
    He's available after the norwich game, he should start I think, seeing as he impressed so much in pre season and on loan, plus he can play on the right wing, sorting out our right winger problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    No idea why Zhirkov was sold. Should have played when malouda died down, Though this guy pereira may be a replacement for malouda in the long term, seeing as he's 8 years younger than him.
    Periera is more of a wng back tgphan winger...so the obvious comparison to Zhirkov comes, in AVB we trust. I hope Mata starts against Norwich, Sturridge is still banned though as he was straight red carded last day of the season = 3 match ban

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    No idea why Zhirkov was sold
    Tbh he was Hiddink's signing, he would have featured more in the side had he carried on as manager.

ReputationRep:
    I liked Zhirkov, but like with Malouda, I was starting to get frustrated with his lack of confidence/desire to take on the fullback/defender and beat them. Always cut in/waited for the overlap/passed it to someone else to take the responsibility. Looked like he was scared of making mistakes really.

Hopefully Malouda'll be pushed to work harder as an out and out winger.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be interesting to see if Arry picks Modric tomorrow, if so it'll obviously be that, think we need to potentially think ofa plan B - as if Levy goes against his words now he'll be ripped to shreads by the fans so I doubt he'll change....or come deadline day will bow into the pressure. I'd almost like us to go for someone else and watch Modric have a poor season as his head 'isn't in the right place' although obviously I'd prefer him here with his head in the right place. Either way we need a player along those lines unless AVB is intending on using Mata centrally and Pereira out wide....don't understand why we weren't more involved in Nasri or Sneijder (well I do know, as his wage demands are ridiculous).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    It'll be interesting to see if Arry picks Modric tomorrow, if so it'll obviously be that, think we need to potentially think ofa plan B - as if Levy goes against his words now he'll be ripped to shreads by the fans so I doubt he'll change....or come deadline day will bow into the pressure. I'd almost like us to go for someone else and watch Modric have a poor season as his head 'isn't in the right place' although obviously I'd prefer him here with his head in the right place. Either way we need a player along those lines unless AVB is intending on using Mata centrally and Pereira out wide....don't understand why we weren't more involved in Nasri or Sneijder (well I do know, as his wage demands are ridiculous).
    Maybe that is the plan. Get Mata central and use Pereira out wide. Periera has been left out of the squad to face Barcelona tomorrow, which shows that he could be on his way here, you guys have any idea which un named player we've put up? Well an idea meaning guesses? :P Youth or Kalou?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Maybe that is the plan. Get Mata central and use Pereira out wide. Periera has been left out of the squad to face Barcelona tomorrow, which shows that he could be on his way here, you guys have any idea which un named player we've put up? Well an idea meaning guesses? :P Youth or Kalou?
    Yossi perhaps?

ReputationRep:
    Strange, strange transfer business. If we are in for Pereira then I'm a little disappointed, I've never been that impressed by him. Plus, I was looking forward to seeing Mata being played on the left.

Looks like Levy really is sticking to his guns this time. Looks like Mata is the central playmaker and Pereira the winger. Not nearly as exciting a prospect as Modric and Mata....

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Malouda might be on his way to Juve... I don't understand. I felt like we were pretty much set on the left, really. Malouda is improving slightly too - although he is the wrong side of 30... felt like the right was our weak spot and we'd be better off getting rid of Kalou. Hmm.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Malouda might be on his way to Juve... I don't understand. I felt like we were pretty much set on the left, really. Malouda is improving slightly too - although he is the wrong side of 30... felt like the right was our weak spot and we'd be better off getting rid of Kalou. Hmm.
    You got a link for that, I thought that talk died down a while ago.

I'll be glad to see the back of him tbh, so frustrating last year. Can't comment on this season so far, been on holiday for the first 2 games.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    You got a link for that, I thought that talk died down a while ago.

I'll be glad to see the back of him tbh, so frustrating last year. Can't comment on this season so far, been on holiday for the first 2 games.
    The Guardian

Although that's only because juve boss declared interest... can see Malouda wanting to go, but wouldnt be surprised if AVB refused. Despite how bad he was last season, the whole team was tragic - excusing Luiz...... and ramires... I do think we'd weaken our team if we sold him. We'd need a quality replacement, and not sure if alvaro pereira is it... just sounds like Zhirkov tbh? A very long-armed, brown version of him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jimi Haze)
    Yossi perhaps?
    Yes, I kept linking him with Modric >< Agh sorry :P

Oh and Yossi said on twitter that he's talking to Chelsea today and he will let us know asap. He thought he would have had a decision by now but nothings out yet!

ReputationRep:
    The Guardian

Although that's only because juve boss declared interest... can see Malouda wanting to go, but wouldnt be surprised if AVB refused. Despite how bad he was last season, the whole team was tragic - excusing Luiz...... and ramires... I do think we'd weaken our team if we sold him. We'd need a quality replacement, and not sure if alvaro pereira is it... just sounds like Zhirkov tbh? A very long-armed, brown version of him.
    No, I guess Malouda is still a good squad player. Strange that he's just lost the great form that he had in the first year under Carlo though. Can't explain it at all.

And yes, Pereira is definitely not the answer. If Levy doesn't let Modric come then, we need to go after someone like Javi Martinez, not Zhirkov, fringe player replacements.

ReputationRep:
    Talent only flourishes with opportunity. Opportunity only arises with stability...
    Ryan Bertrand on twitter. Ffs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Lmao :facepalm2:
    WhaaaAATTS SO FUNNY?! I like our young LB duo. Don't want them to think they'll never get a chance... especially if we buy another frickin' left back.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.