Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the Perreira deal is looking unlikely as AVB said and Malouda isn't leaving. I think if AVB will bring in one more regardless of the Perriera deal. Mata available for Norwich but won't start. Luiz is out

ReputationRep:
    So what do you lads reckon, on for a title challenge? Lots of people saying it's a two horse race between the Manc clubs but I still think Chelsea are our biggest threat I'm not buying the City hype yet.

ReputationRep:
    Its too early to say. If we sign some sort of hitherto unknown world class playmaker, then sure, why not. Perhaps Mata will be that man, but I can see him more on the left wing.

I doubt we'll win, but hopefully we'll push for it and not have a terrible run of form like last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Busby_Babe)
    So what do you lads reckon, on for a title challenge? Lots of people saying it's a two horse race between the Manc clubs but I still think Chelsea are our biggest threat I'm not buying the City hype yet.
    AVB said that the league title would be his first priority amongst everything else this season and I can understand as to why City may be considered as favourites, but I highly doubt them winning the title. They have amazing attacking options, but I don't think it's defence is as strong as it could be. I think the top 4 this season will most likely consist of Chelsea, Man U, Man City and probably Liverpool. I think that if we're consistent with the way we play our games and sign a good playmaker by the end of the transfer market, we could be in for a very good chance.

The Modric saga is still 50/50 I'd say, but I'm hoping things may change when Tottenham sign Adebayor and Diarra.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not buying the City hype yet.
    We finished level on points with Chelsea last year unless you thought that was a fluke?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by warwickorbristol)
    We finished level on points with Chelsea last year unless you thought that was a fluke?
    People automatically just see 2nd and 3rd and think no more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Tbh he was Hiddink's signing, he would have featured more in the side had he carried on as manager.
    Yeah true, he was fast and skillful, but last season he lacked the skill, though he barely played though.

ReputationRep:
    City will win the league eventually. As much as I hate to say it, Manchester united look super strong this year, but remember Chelsea last season, they had the league in the bag too, winning 6-0 and all that. Then they shut down in mid october, man united didn't even play well that season, they got momentum at the end of the season after beating chelsea in the champions league and were consistant with their 1-0 victories at the 80th minute. So they don't have it in the bag yet.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a sh!t where you finished I fancy Chelsea more than City mostly because their manager isn't a massive sh!tbag.

ReputationRep:
    I don't give a sh!t where you finished I fancy Chelsea more than City mostly because their manager isn't a massive sh!tbag.
    You're embarassing yourself here pal. There is no hype about it, last season we had a good season and we've strengthened further. Of course we're going to mount a better challenge than last season - anyone with half a brain can see that.

ReputationRep:
    You're embarassing yourself here pal. There is no hype about it, last season we had a good season and we've strengthened further. Of course we're going to mount a better challenge than last season - anyone with half a brain can see that.
    Well you didn't mount any challenge at all last season you were worried about finishing 4th for 90% of the season or has that all been forgotten since you became so massive during the summer? Why are you even getting involved I asked CHELSEA FANS what they think. I've grown up in Manchester I already know how deluded bitters are.

ReputationRep:
    Well you didn't mount any challenge at all last season you were worried about finishing 4th for 90% of the season or has that all been forgotten since you became so massive during the summer? Why are you even getting involved I asked CHELSEA FANS what they think. I've grown up in Manchester I already know how deluded bitters are.
    We were in the top 4 from September onwards and were top at Christmas. You're lack of knowledge is getting really embarassing.

ReputationRep:
    We were in the top 4 from September onwards and were top at Christmas. You're lack of knowledge is getting really embarassing.
    Are you actually claiming you had top 4 locked up early on? Wow I've met some delusional Berties but you take the cake. Top 4 was by no means secured until very late on all through the season City were saying "top 4 is the goal" and at no stage did you ever look remotely like mounting a title challenge.

Anyway I'm not even responding any more. I asked some Chelsea fans a simple question and your inferiority complex hijacked their thread.

ReputationRep:
    I was always confident we would finish in the top 4 last season. I mean obviously it was never certain but I was very confident of it.

Like I said, we were top at Christmas. Yeah we fell off from there but that's half a seasons worth of a title challenge. Not bad for our first attempt.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on how we end our transfer window tbh, I can sense one more signing coming in, not sure who or what though. We'll be up there as always, but it depends on if we beat United, cause they are the ones to beat. I'm not gonna say we're gonna win it but we'll be up there.

Lol I kinda lost track of the question, watching this arguement xD

ReputationRep:
    Feeling fairly optimistic about modric now. He's had a meeting with Levy, and Redknapp doesn't seem to think that losing him will be a disaster. Perhaps that will have persuaded Levy... can definitely see them waiting out for a certain sum of moneys.

ReputationRep:
    wow a united fan kind of complementing chelsea, rubbish reason for fancying chelsea more than city though. i hope we will be there but city will be a threat as well

ReputationRep:
    We need Modric or a player of the same calibre. Without that, we won't touch United. as much as I hope we can, we simply won't be able to, the creativity is just so lacking. With Modric and Mata, we have a shot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    We need Modric or a player of the same calibre. Without that, we won't touch United. as much as I hope we can, we simply won't be able to, the creativity is just so lacking. With Modric and Mata, we have a shot.
    No joke think Luiz could help from DM, as a deep lying playmaker? at times last season he was our "creative" outlet.

ReputationRep:
    £40M for Modric? We'll keep Gibson tbh

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.