Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    I've read of £10m being sought as a 'development fee'. I think it should be up to £2m upfront and then some add-ons for future related things[apps, success], though the final possible fee shouldn't be more than £6m, imo.
    Well, yeah £2m up front with add-ons I'd happily do. It's a bit ironic that a player moves to Chelsea for more first team action. I just think it's a bit cynical with the figure coming so soon after he scored two goals against Watford. City need the money?

It's a bit silly that the tribunal has to judge his fee once he's already joined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    say what?
    Arrgh crap Ivory Coast good point. Borini it is then.

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, how was Alex against Watford?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Arrgh crap Ivory Coast good point. Borini it is then.
    if we stick to playing with one striker i don't think Borini is even needed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    Well, yeah £2m up front with add-ons I'd happily do. It's a bit ironic that a player moves to Chelsea for more first team action. I just think it's a bit cynical with the figure coming so soon after he scored two goals against Watford. City need the money?

It's a bit silly that the tribunal has to judge his fee once he's already joined.
    The sheikh needs a new coat! :p: I think Sturridge moved for other reasons, inc. the better salary Chelsea offered, it's looking like a major mistake on City's part, tbh, and I doubted Sturridge in this thread or perhaps the last one.

I'd hope that his performances for Chelsea would be of little relevance to the outcome of the tribunal, but somehow doubt it. And yes, I'd agree with that statement, it should have been held in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Lucky for us then, as he's hardly played thus far. It's always a risk letting a potentially good player leave.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge is nothing special. I don't even think he has the potential to meet expectations. He'll be a good 2nd or 3rd string forward at a top club, or a strong performer at a lower placed side, imo, and nothing more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RobbieC)
    Sturridge is nothing special. I don't even think he has the potential to meet expectations. He'll be a good 2nd or 3rd string forward at a top club, or a strong performer at a lower placed side, imo, and nothing more.
    I know what you're saying. I wish we had Carlos Vela instead. Then we'd really be banging in the goals.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    I know what you're saying. I wish we had Carlos Vela instead. Then we'd really be banging in the goals.
    At least you made it to the first full stop with a sentient response.

Gratz.

ReputationRep:
    At least you made it to the first full stop with a sentient response.

Gratz.
    fnkz.

ReputationRep:
    That's such a dim view, and you're only looking at a couple sides of it (although the more likely ones, as with any promising youngster). I don't really know what expectations you're talking about. The club bought him in on the basis that he MIGHT become a top player. He might because he has all the raw potential to do so. He might not fulfil that raw potential that could turn him into a top player. It could go either way, and the club knows that and knows that with most good youngsters with the raw potential to become a top player - they usually don't. Sturridge might be different, it's all a lottery though which makes it odd that you think you can accurately make a prediction.

ReputationRep:
    We need to score more bobbles.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    That's such a dim view, and you're only looking at a couple sides of it (although the more likely ones, as with any promising youngster). I don't really know what expectations you're talking about. The club bought him in on the basis that he MIGHT become a top player. He might because he has all the raw potential to do so. He might not fulfil that raw potential that could turn him into a top player. It could go either way, and the club knows that and knows that with most good youngsters with the raw potential to become a top player - they usually don't. Sturridge might be different, it's all a lottery though which makes it odd that you think you can accurately make a prediction.
    I suppose I just see more hype than substance, from what I've seen anyway.

He is decent, but I'm not even sure I see the raw potential (or at least I see a lot less than most people).

Same with Lennon. He has flashes of excellence, but no sustainable form, and still lacks fundamental skills that will forever make him a 'decent' player. Walcott, Vela and Agbonlahor may well go the same way.

ReputationRep:
    I suppose I just see more hype than substance, from what I've seen anyway.

He is decent, but I'm not even sure I see the raw potential (or at least I see a lot less than most people).

Same with Lennon. He has flashes of excellence, but no sustainable form, and still lacks fundamental skills that will forever make him a 'decent' player. Walcott, Vela and Agbonlahor may well go the same way.
    What hype? The only hype he will have generated was moving to Chelsea, and that was hardly a head line maker.

From what I've seen he's got the raw potential to develop into a very good player. He'll can learn to use his physique in the best possible way, his finishing can improve and he's certainly got everything to become a much better, intelligent technical player. He isn't far behind Kalou, and he could certainly develop into a starter for us a few years down the line.

I think this season, more so than any other Lennon's finally added some consistency to his play and most importantly an end product.

Vela is probably one of the best players 20 or under in the world technically, will be interesting to see how he develops. I'd say he's got far more ability at the moment than any other players listed in your post.

Agbonlahor and Walcott are both great raw talents too. Although, sooner rather than later they'll have to learn pace isn't the only way you can beat a player.

ReputationRep:
    As long as he doesn't grow an Afro he will be okay.

ReputationRep:
    linked with Pazzini. no thanks

ReputationRep:
    I agree.

"Carlo Ancelotti is rumoured to be looking to experience as he looks to bulk out his African Cup of Nations-depleted team during the January transfer window, securing the short term loans of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos and David Beckham on three month contracts. When speaking to The News of the World last night, Ancelotti said 'We're gonna rock it like it's 1998' amongst other things and upon being questioned about the wisdom of acquiring such fading stars refused to comment. Rivaldo, currently at Uzbek club Bunyodkor spoke enthusiastically about the prospect of a move to London, as he told of how he was looking forward to 'leaving Uzbekistan and never going back'."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    "Carlo Ancelotti is rumoured to be looking to experience as he looks to bulk out his African Cup of Nations-depleted team during the January transfer window, securing the short term loans of Ronaldo, Rivaldo, Roberto Carlos and David Beckham on three month contracts. When speaking to The News of the World last night, Ancelotti said 'We're gonna rock it like it's 1998' amongst other things and upon being questioned about the wisdom of acquiring such fading stars refused to comment. Rivaldo, currently at Uzbek club Bunyodkor spoke enthusiastically about the prospect of a move to London, as he told of how he was looking forward to 'leaving Uzbekistan and never going back'."

Actually, I heard from a reliable source that Ancelotti's only after Charlie MacDonald. You know, as a replacement for Drogba.

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.