Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yossi Benayoun
    Even though I don't know if I will stay or not I decided to give Mata the number 10-his favourite.for me its just a number-not my lucky 15
    So...safe to say he's part of some bid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    wow a united fan kind of complementing chelsea, rubbish reason for fancying chelsea more than city though. i hope we will be there but city will be a threat as well
    This is a fair evaluation imo. The season is too long to rule any of us three out. If you do bring in Modric and Mata hits the ground running there's no reason why you couldn't win it.

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea
    Valencia
    Bayer Leverkusen
    Genk

Okayish group, would of probably wanted Villareal instead of Valencia and Olympiacos instead of Leverkusen. Though I guess tough teams would help us stay on our toes.

ReputationRep:
    Tottenham in for Parker apparently. Coupled with the Benayoun rumours, Modric deal could be close?

CL group is good. Valencia and Leverkusen are decent sides at best. Shouldn't be too difficult. Leverkusen will probably qualify with us, a lot of Valencia's potency is lost with Mata.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Tottenham in for Parker apparently. Coupled with the Benayoun rumours, Modric deal could be close?

CL group is good. Valencia and Leverkusen are decent sides at best. Shouldn't be too difficult. Leverkusen will probably qualify with us, a lot of Valencia's potency is lost with Mata.
    Could be...but Harry said "ITS OVER" but then again Benayoun seems to be angry about his situation on twitter so we're gonna have to wait and see till thursday!

ReputationRep:
    Reading up and rumours have it that we want a swap deal which includes Milos Krasic for Alex.

Woo we get an out and out winger but we're down a centre back. If we had Rajkovic I wouldn't be too disappointed with this.

ReputationRep:
    Can't see that happening tbh! Juve want to strengthen, not weaken. Would be surprised if they let that happen.

Was just watching the CFC news updates with clips from training, the mood looks so good! Exciting times ahead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Reading up and rumours have it that we want a swap deal which includes Milos Krasic for Alex.

Woo we get an out and out winger but we're down a centre back. If we had Rajkovic I wouldn't be too disappointed with this.
    Niiiiiice, Krasic looks a real player whenever I've seen him. Admittedly that was mostly as CSKA but still. Alex would be a loss, but not a huge one. We'd still have JT, Luiz, Iva and Bruma for CB. Only problem being JT and Luiz are relatively injury prone.

ReputationRep:
    Niiiiiice, Krasic looks a real player whenever I've seen him. Admittedly that was mostly as CSKA but still. Alex would be a loss, but not a huge one. We'd still have JT, Luiz, Iva and Bruma for CB. Only problem being JT and Luiz are relatively injury prone.
    Bruma is on loan at Hamburg for 2 years so we'll be really short! With just Iva, Luiz and JT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Bruma is on loan at Hamburg for 2 years so we'll be really short! With just Iva, Luiz and JT.
    Oh yeah, forgot about Arnesen looting our squad. Yeah, in that case we would be really short, we definitely don't want Ferreira there again...

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, forgot about Arnesen looting our squad. Yeah, in that case we would be really short, we definitely don't want Ferreira there again...
    Unless you want Chalobah :P. Agh if only Rajkovic had his permit this would have been perfect!

Damn you Arnesan, even Mancienne would have helped! :P. Lol Ferriera, I love the guy but centre back is just lol.

You know I can see why AVB is bidding for Perriera but why a full back, get another CB?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Unless you want Chalobah :P. Agh if only Rajkovic had his permit this would have been perfect!

Damn you Arnesan, even Mancienne would have helped! :P. Lol Ferriera, I love the guy but centre back is just lol.

You know I can see why AVB is bidding for Perriera but why a full back, get another CB?
    I just hope AVB isn't seriously considering swapping Alex, just wouldn't make sense. And tbh, Perreira would be a ridiculous signing. We've got enough cover at LB, and he isn't good enough to be signed as a winger. Bit of a jack of all trades master of none.

ReputationRep:
    I just hope AVB isn't seriously considering swapping Alex, just wouldn't make sense. And tbh, Perreira would be a ridiculous signing. We've got enough cover at LB, and he isn't good enough to be signed as a winger. Bit of a jack of all trades master of none.

Exactly, Cole barely gets injured, and if he does we've got ryan Bertrand and van aalholt, Who could potentially become as good as Cole but they never get played, Bertrand is fast like cole so could boss the left side easily, haven't seen much about his delivery and marking since i have only seen him play for england U21 at euros, but he looks a good prospect.

I've never seen Van Aalholt play, but from what I've heard he's good. If they get playing time, i'm sure they'll make the squad. Chelsea need a young right back, since ivanovic and bosingwa are near 30.

ReputationRep:
    Bosingwa :coma:

ReputationRep:
    Norwich giving us a real game atm. Still, we aren't playing that badly, in the past we've looked devoid of ideas, but at least we are creating. Drogba and Torres have looked good individually and occasionally linked up well.

This is my first look at the new Chelsea, I'm liking the full backs bombing on. Though I think we'll get caught out against bigger sides playing it.

ReputationRep:
    Torres drops back too much to pick the ball up. He should constantly circulate in or around the box and wait for service. Service he of course isn't getting due to our total lack of playmaking.

ReputationRep:
    yeah, that's been obvious for a while now. Hopefully mata'll be introduced in the second half and we'll see something interesting.

ReputationRep:
    Hilario :rolleyes:

Drogba That was a horrible landing.

Oh dear.

ReputationRep:
    REALLY hope the drog is OK, he got knocked out before he even hit the ground!

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.