Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAlec)
    City are in the same situation as we were last year, we were handng out 6-0s in the first few months and we let it slip. They're definitely beatable.

United WEREN'T anything special today in their 8-2 win, they just beat a terribly inexperienced team.

Liverpool certainly can beat anybody on their day but through the course of 38 games I don't see them contending for the title.
    huge overstatement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    huge overstatement
    Jenkinson's 19 and has made very few appearances for Arsenal. Koscielny had literally came straight back from injury. It was Traore's first Arsenal appearance in over a year. It was Coquelin's debut. It was Chamberlain's debut. Lansbury has made very few appearances too.

Regardless of their technical ability (I'm sure they're very able football players), they lack the experience to play regularly, and for such a long period, in the Premiership, let alone against the title holders.

Anywho, it's a Chelsea thread, not one to discuss Arsenal/United.

ReputationRep:
    Man City played with a very fluid front 4 today.

...............Torres.....Drogba ...........
    ...(winger)..................... ........Mata
    .................Eissen..Modric. ............

(Or Mikel and Lampard in the middle) and the winger to be a right footed winger to cut in. Would be :sexface: if you pulled it off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Man City played with a very fluid front 4 today.

...............Torres.....Drogba ...........
    ...(winger)..................... ........Mata
    .................Eissen..Modric. ............

(Or Mikel and Lampard in the middle) and the winger to be a right footed winger to cut in. Would be :sexface: if you pulled it off.
    torres shouldnt play with drogba. we should pack up our midfield with wingers and attacking midfielders and use torres as lone striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    torres shouldnt play with drogba. we should pack up our midfield with wingers and attacking midfielders and use torres as lone striker.
    Yup, that's how he was playing at liverpool. With a good supply from midfielders he'll score goals, I think malouda is best for the left wing, Mata for the middle so sturridge can play as the final wideman, really wanna see him play some more. We have too many strikers now, Kalou should just leave, this is the same thing with the bayern munich situation with gomez, klose, muller and olic last season and the man city situation this season. We don't have a starting 11 up front, we just have players.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/...-negotiations-

Well I don't speak Hebrew so I missed this, but he's apparently leaving, no player + deal he may just leave D: - That's comforting since we're trying to add midfielders not get rid of them ><

ReputationRep:
    Benayoun is majorly underrated, pre-season/the start of the season he's been more consistent than Lamps!
    McEachran will be playing a big part this season, I reckon from 2012 onwards he'll start to play more than Frank.

I wish it was Thursday already so we could get on with our lives and forget this Modric bull****. (Really hope we don't spend £40m.) Otherwise, the sort of thing Zerforax posted would look nice to me, but I'd prefer to see Anelka with Torres.

ReputationRep:
    Omg! Kalou has attracted interest!

Lille want him. I think he should go

AND Arsenal want Benayoun lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I wish it was Thursday already so we could get on with our lives and forget this Modric bull****. (Really hope we don't spend £40m.) Otherwise, the sort of thing Zerforax posted would look nice to me, but I'd prefer to see Anelka with Torres.
    :sexface:

Just pick him up in January/next summer by which point he'll be refusing to play for Spurs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    :sexface:

Just pick him up in January/next summer by which point he'll be refusing to play for Spurs.
    Plus spurs will have crashed by that time, even better.

ReputationRep:
    Cheeky *****.

£8m plus a player your getting rid of for free anyway.

Rauls worth at least an extra £4m on top of that, considering we paid £11m for him and he had a very decent season.

ReputationRep:
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14716748.stm

Stoke want Lukaku on loan, I don't know, I'd want him to stay because he's actually going to play a part for us this season.

Merieles...hmm that's one to ponder about lol

Agree with you, iRush, would not have a problem with Kalou leaving. As for Lukaku, might be a good idea to let him get a bit of league practice somewhere else, given the amount of options we seem to suddenly have accumulated up front. Certainly a loan til January at least would be, I think, a good move.

Meireles. He did have a good season last year but I don't think he's the type of player we need to be looking at atm.

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku can't go out on loan until January. Can't leave Chelsea yet as he only joined us in this window. Agree that he should go out on loan though, maybe to the Bolton finishing school for attacking players?

(Original post by maccy7)
    Lukaku can't go out on loan until January. Can't leave Chelsea yet as he only joined us in this window. Agree that he should go out on loan though, maybe to the Bolton finishing school for attacking players?
    Then what would have been the point in Stoke's approach? (I was under the impression that the loan window lasted an extra 24 hours? :iiam:)

ReputationRep:
    Then what would have been the point in Stoke's approach? (I was under the impression that the loan window lasted an extra 24 hours? :iiam:)
    No idea. Maybe they weren't aware of the rule?

Saw it on SkySports and somewhere else though.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with you, iRush, would not have a problem with Kalou leaving. As for Lukaku, might be a good idea to let him get a bit of league practice somewhere else, given the amount of options we seem to suddenly have accumulated up front. Certainly a loan til January at least would be, I think, a good move.

Meireles. He did have a good season last year but I don't think he's the type of player we need to be looking at atm.
    lol so yeah maccy cleared that up, think he's staying with us, but in January he'd help us a lot with Drogba going to the ACON. So with Drogba injured, is it necessarily going to be Torres up front as the lone man or think that Sturridge/Lukaku will get a chance to be the loan man up top with Anelka and Mata flanking?

...........Sturridge............
    Mata..................Anelka..

....McEachran..Ramires...
    .........Mikel/Romeu.........

Cole...JT...Luiz...Bosingwa.

Just a swap with Lukaku and Torres for Sturridge if you want to change things otherwise I like this and I've noticed, we actually have a strong bench now with people who can come on and change things, more so in the front 3 positions but still

ReputationRep:
    Looks like the modric deal is off, and the perreira deal on.

Would've preferred it the opposite way, but oh well.

ReputationRep:
    Perreira, £23 million....

If only this was a joke. :rolleyes:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.