Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Mess.)
    He is a poor player, pulls out of challenges, isn't a creator, can't play out wide.

Basically he is a poor mans back up to Lampard.
    Poor post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Fixed.
    Sshh. I want to be optimistic.

ReputationRep:
    imo this could turn out quite well, we all knew that modric wasn't going to happen after the £30m was turned down so we needed a creative midfilder from somewhere. he has played in the league before unlike a few others so he at least has expiriance here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Sshh. I want to be optimistic.
    haha, I'm the complete opposite!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Poor post.
    I said the same things right through the year he played with us. He is a very poor player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    I said the same things right through the year he played with us. He is a very poor player.
    You mean you thought he was a bad player when he scored those volleys and that brace against us too?

Other liverpool fans seem frustrated by this transfer. Perhaps you're seeing something the general public isn't?

(stop frikkin' making us paranoid.)

ReputationRep:
    You mean you thought he was a bad player when he scored those volleys and that brace against us too?

Other liverpool fans seem frustrated by this transfer. Perhaps you're seeing something the general public isn't?

(stop frikkin' making us paranoid.)
    He had a great mini-spell of form. Apart from that he did nothing at all. It just seems people are clouded by his little spell of form.

AVB sold him from Porto as soon as he was made manager as well.

ReputationRep:
    I'm still annoyed we've allowed Arsenal to utilise Yossi.

ReputationRep:
    I told you that you wouldn't get Modric. National laugh at a Chav day starts right now. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Plus spurs will have crashed by that time, even better.
    a) We will just start the bidding at 40m since you have already proved that is what you think he is worth.

b) You have just as much chance of crashing. If I am not mistaken, you have drawn one so-so game, and marginally won two games that should have been easy wins. Added to that, you haven't fixed your major problems, whilst we have brought in Adebayor - who is better than Torres.

c) Your arrogance proved to be stupid in this transfer window, so maybe it is time to mature a little. Laugh at a Chav day.

ReputationRep:
    I think everybody knew that we wouldn't get Modric, I'm ****ing relieved we didn't pay £25m+ for a £18m player. I'm interested in seeing how dire he performs now that Harry and Levy kept him against his wishes though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    a) We will just start the bidding at 40m since you have already proved that is what you think he is worth.

b) You have just as much chance of crashing. If I am not mistaken, you have drawn one so-so game, and marginally won two games that should have been easy wins. Added to that, you haven't fixed your major problems, whilst we have brought in Adebayor - who is better than Torres.

c) Your arrogance proved to be stupid in this transfer window, so maybe it is time to mature a little. Laugh at a Chav day.
    Enjoy having your star player unsettled because his head's been turned by a frankly far superior club, it's no wonder he wanted to join us.

Spurs will have a tough fight for Thursday night football this year....

ReputationRep:
    5 goals all season, for a goal scoring midfielder is an appaling return.

I've been banging the same drum since January, so it's got nothing to do with his decision to leave.

He just proper winds me up constantly shirking out of challenges, and people seem to have overplayed his contirbution last season based on a purple patch. Maxi outscored him ffs.
    90% of the lads I go the match with never rated him, and we're constantly wound up by him.

Not trying to be a **** because he's moved, just giving you my honest opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Don't really see the point in them signing Meireles as Mess and L18 are saying... Entirely average

How much did he cost?

(Original post by dn013)
    I told you that you wouldn't get Modric. National laugh at a Chav day starts right now. :rofl:
    Not when he strops about the park doing nothing because he really wanted to go. Crumble en-route? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Spurs rejected 40mil bid for Modric
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...m-bid-for-luka

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saf94)
    Spurs rejected 40mil bid for Modric
    http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/trans...m-bid-for-luka
    The article at the bottom says the offer was £30mil + Alex, who's valued at £10mil.

Could turn out to be a massive mistake. Modric has been pretty stroppy for the last few weeks. Not sure if he's enough of a professional/loyal enough to Spurs to bring his game back to top form.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Don't really see the point in them signing Meireles as Mess and L18 are saying... Entirely average

How much did he cost?
    We needed another number in midfield... five CM's isn't enough given the number of games we play too in the CL group stages and carling cup, plus two of them are inexperienced youngsters. From what I saw of Meireles he impressed me for Liverpool last season, but some Liverpool fans think he's amazing others think he's average... I will have to see how he does at Chelsea, but I think he will add something to our midfield.

I've read around £12m.

Plus he was PFA fans player of the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)

a) Hmm, if you're crashing, then he'll unsettle the club again. I don't think spurs have crashed yet since adebayor was bought but your defence issues hasn't been sorted, Who is to pair with dawson? King would be best but he probably will play 10 games this season, Gallas best years were at chelsea and kaboul isn't good enough I think.

b) We drew to stoke at brittania because our first half was poor. Try stoke at home, they can destroy any team with the likes of jones, delap and now crouch and chelsea had no width to actually play against them. The other two games, we were trying to settle our team with the new signings and try to rejuvinate torres which is starting to work, he'll be like rooney and back to his best soon enough. The likes of mata, cole, malouda can support him and give him the service he needs rather than him being an attacking midfielder. He is better than adebayor, Adebayor played for real madrid, have alonso and ozil on your team and you're guarenteed to score.

c) Where do we need to strengthen now? Defence is just as good as uniteds just that they've been a bit shocking atm. Bosingwa's back to his best now so RB is filled now. We didn't get modric, but meireles is good too, Romeu and mikel can replace essien for now and mata is our new winger even though malouda is still playing well so midfield is done for now. Plus meireles and lampard can shift, ramires is quality too with those fast forward runs.
    There's no way you can say our strike force is crap either, every player bar lukaku could walk into your team easily and we haven't seen much of lukaku either and he's 18. So we're not arrogant, just that people hop on city's **** too much because they're the new team on the block.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)

How much did he cost?

Not when he strops about the park doing nothing because he really wanted to go. Crumble en-route? :awesome:
    12million. Cheap and quick deal to transition for mceachran.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    He had a great mini-spell of form. Apart from that he did nothing at all. It just seems people are clouded by his little spell of form.

AVB sold him from Porto as soon as he was made manager as well.
    Yeah, I would have loved moutinho but porto do not want to sell anyone to chelsea.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.