Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)

Not when he strops about the park doing nothing because he really wanted to go. Crumble en-route? :awesome:
    Not going to happen. If you look at the OptaJoe stats for this Man City game compared to the one at home last season, the stats are almost identical. Passes completed, miles covered, the whole lot.

have fun with a mediocre midfield, and a 50m quid misfiring striker.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Enjoy having your star player unsettled because his head's been turned by a frankly far superior club, it's no wonder he wanted to join us.

Spurs will have a tough fight for Thursday night football this year....
    Well at least when we win on Thursday's I will be happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Not going to happen. If you look at the OptaJoe stats for this Man City game compared to the one at home last season, the stats are almost identical. Passes completed, miles covered, the whole lot.

have fun with a mediocre midfield, and a 50m quid misfiring striker.
    I'm not a Chelsea fan :console:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I'm not a Chelsea fan :console:
    Oh you support the 2nd best team in Glasgow.

(I prefer Celtic )

(Original post by dn013)
    I told you that you wouldn't get Modric. National laugh at a Chav day starts right now. :rofl:
    I'm confused, is this a Spurs fan implying that Chelsea fans are chavs?! :teehee:

(Original post by dn013)
    a) We will just start the bidding at 40m since you have already proved that is what you think he is worth.

b) You have just as much chance of crashing. If I am not mistaken, you have drawn one so-so game, and marginally won two games that should have been easy wins. Added to that, you haven't fixed your major problems, whilst we have brought in Adebayor - who is better than Torres.

c) Your arrogance proved to be stupid in this transfer window, so maybe it is time to mature a little. Laugh at a Chav day.
    A) I think you'll find what we think he's 'worth' is more around our initial offer (what was it, about £23 million? Already more than should be paid, tbh). The subsequent offers were typical Paying Over The Odds bids for a player our manager wanted.

B) Not all teams hit the ground running; I'm sure you wouldn't have expected thrashings in your opening two games. And Adebayor better than Torres? Really? :curious:

C) Are you sure you are the right person to be lecuring others on maturity? :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I'm confused, is this a Spurs fan implying that Chelsea fans are chavs?! :teehee:

A) I think you'll find what we think he's 'worth' is more around our initial offer (what was it, about £23 million? Already more than should be paid, tbh). The subsequent offers were typical Paying Over The Odds bids for a player our manager wanted.

B) Not all teams hit the ground running; I'm sure you wouldn't have expected thrashings in your opening two games. And Adebayor better than Torres? Really? :curious:

C) Are you sure you are the right person to be lecuring others on maturity? :iiam:
    Adebayor scored more goals in his last competitive game than Torres has in 10 months :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    a) We will just start the bidding at 40m since you have already proved that is what you think he is worth.

b) You have just as much chance of crashing. If I am not mistaken, you have drawn one so-so game, and marginally won two games that should have been easy wins. Added to that, you haven't fixed your major problems, whilst we have brought in Adebayor - who is better than Torres.

c) Your arrogance proved to be stupid in this transfer window, so maybe it is time to mature a little. Laugh at a Chav day.
    A) 4 months of poor performances and lack of interest will change all that

B) we can practically play 3 new attackers now behind Torres. mata, sturridge and meireles have yet to play (apart from a 20 minute cameo) and LOL at ADEBA- DONKEY. not good enough for city. Not good enough for real. Not good enough for a top four team.

C) our arrogance? Your team turned down a £40 million pound offer for a player who doesn't want to stay. All because of an owner who looks after his ego before the club.

Don't worry, well take him for £20m in jan

(Original post by mc_watson87)
    Adebayor scored more goals in his last competitive game than Torres has in 10 months :teeth:
    So did I; does that mean I am a better player than Torres?

OMG I'M WORTH £51million!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    So did I; does that mean I am a better player than Torres?

OMG I'M WORTH £51million!!!!!!!!!!
    Probably better, worth £51m, not sure :p:

ReputationRep:

A) The old Chelsea fans are Chavs, the new ones are glory supporters. Which one are you.

B) Well if Chelsea continues to think he is worth 23m then they will never get him. And I can tell you that they don't think he is worth 23m. I know for a fact that your chairman always thought that Levy was looking for money and was bidding low at the beginning to test the waters. If you want you can PM me to see my link to your chairman.

C) Torres on current form is worse than Adebayor. If you are saying Torres is a great buy because in 08 he scored X number of goals, then you having a laugh.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how often any of you guys manage to get to games but there's an old boy who sells badges outside the Bridge, and outside most of the away games, he's done it for as long as I remember, for as long as my dad remembers, hell even my grandad remembers him. He was there when I was 4 at my first match and he was there two weeks ago. I've seen him in the pouring rain in Hull, Bradford, Wigan, everywhere really. Recently Chelsea have tried to stop him peddling his wares because it's not official merchandise, he's selling the badges for 50p-£1.50, what ****ing harm is he doing to the Megastore? It's ludicrous, I'm so enraged that they're trying to stop this bloke, this Chelsea fan who's been there regardless of opposition, weather etc.

I love the success that's came with the wealth but man, we're getting too business-like. Sky Sports today have been fixated on profits, profits and more profits because of United, where's the emphasis on the actual football?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MAlec)
    I don't know how often any of you guys manage to get to games but there's an old boy who sells badges outside the Bridge, and outside most of the away games, he's done it for as long as I remember, for as long as my dad remembers, hell even my grandad remembers him. He was there when I was 4 at my first match and he was there two weeks ago. I've seen him in the pouring rain in Hull, Bradford, Wigan, everywhere really. Recently Chelsea have tried to stop him peddling his wares because it's not official merchandise, he's selling the badges for 50p-£1.50, what ****ing harm is he doing to the Megastore? It's ludicrous, I'm so enraged that they're trying to stop this bloke, this Chelsea fan who's been there regardless of opposition, weather etc.

I love the success that's came with the wealth but man, we're getting too business-like. Sky Sports today have been fixated on profits, profits and more profits because of United, where's the emphasis on the actual football?
    Where does he sell them? I've seen a guy selling badges and old programmes outside Fulham Broadway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    A) The old Chelsea fans are Chavs, the new ones are glory supporters. Which one are you.

B) Well if Chelsea continues to think he is worth 23m then they will never get him. And I can tell you that they don't think he is worth 23m. I know for a fact that your chairman always thought that Levy was looking for money and was bidding low at the beginning to test the waters. If you want you can PM me to see my link to your chairman.

C) Torres on current form is worse than Adebayor. If you are saying Torres is a great buy because in 08 he scored X number of goals, then you having a laugh.
    Getting tired of your silly attempts to put Chelsea down.

It's unfortunate that Luka Modric, one of your prized assets wants to leave your beloved club isn't it? It's not surprising, however, that he wants to leave a club that has clearly been surpassed by the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City and will find it nigh-on impossible to reach the top 4.

Luka Modric, Gareth Bale and Van der Vaart will leave Tottenham Hotspur to clubs that can pay them better, can guarantee them champions league football, and most importantly, trophies. It may not be to Chelsea, but one day it will dawn on them that they have to leave, and a number of clubs will come in for them.

This whole Modric-saga has done your club serious damage. While it may have demonstrated to Bale and VDV that you're 'serious' about wanting CL football - an unrealistic fantasy, tbh - it also shows that they cannot trust the chairman, and that signing long term contracts with the team could potentially hamper their future. They will see the likes of Manchester United, City and Chelsea come in for them, winning trophies and creating good squads, while they languor just behind the top teams. They will not sign longer contracts, and they will leave in a similar manner to Nasri. With one year left on their contracts for a minimal fee.

Modric won't 'forget' and 'move on'. He'll play because he has to, he'll watch us play CL football, and he'll resent the club. His contract will run down, because he will not make the same mistake twice, and he will leave eventually.

Now kindly piss off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Getting tired of your silly attempts to put Chelsea down.

It's unfortunate that Luka Modric, one of your prized assets wants to leave your beloved club isn't it? It's not surprising, however, that he wants to leave a club that has clearly been surpassed by the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal and Manchester City and will find it nigh-on impossible to reach the top 4.

Luka Modric, Gareth Bale and Van der Vaart will leave Tottenham Hotspur to clubs that can pay them better, can guarantee them champions league football, and most importantly, trophies. It may not be to Chelsea, but one day it will dawn on them that they have to leave, and a number of clubs will come in for them.

This whole Modric-saga has done your club serious damage. While it may have demonstrated to Bale and VDV that you're 'serious' about wanting CL football - an unrealistic fantasy, tbh - it also shows that they cannot trust the chairman, and that signing long term contracts with the team could potentially hamper their future. They will see the likes of Manchester United, City and Chelsea come in for them, winning trophies and creating good squads, while they languor just behind the top teams. They will not sign longer contracts, and they will leave in a similar manner to Nasri. With one year left on their contracts for a minimal fee.

Modric won't 'forget' and 'move on'. He'll play because he has to, he'll watch us play CL football, and he'll resent the club. His contract will run down, because he will not make the same mistake twice, and he will leave eventually.

Now kindly piss off.

Wait, let's get this straight. You can't take a little bit of banter. Aww poor Chelski fan. Life is so tough for you. Awww

Now let's see, we have been surpassed by Liverpool and Arsenal? Having a laugh?

Right, thanks for the prediction. And they won't move if they keep signing new contracts.

Champions League is an "unrealistic fantasy" were you in a coma last year? They can't trust the chairman because he won't sell them if they sign a 5 year contract or if they lie about a "gentleman's agreement?" And Chelsea winning trophies? HA!

You are also forgetting about a little something called the new UEFA regulations. Money won't matter so much in a year's time. Sucks for you.

And Modric will watch you play Champion's League football, and choke as you normally do. Because let's face it, you have no chance of winning the Champions League in the next decade.

Furthermore, when Abromavich decides that it is time to shut up shop, your club is going bust. So sucks to be you again.

And Lacrosse is a rubbish sport.

ReputationRep:
    Another point on Spurs, I find it hilarious how they hold onto Bale and Modric, citing ambition as the main reason for rejecting massive offers, yet they show the total opposite in the transfer market. Tottenham currently have two strikers on their books, plus a temperamental loanee with astronomical wages...

Harry Redknapp for England manager, :rolleyes: do me a favour, Gary Cahill would be bloody captain before you could say, 'mediocre, mid-table, not good enough for Aston Villa, centre half.'

Rant over. This is the Chelsea thread, please can we stop discussing Tottenham.

ReputationRep:
    Another point on Spurs, I find it hilarious how they hold onto Bale and Modric, citing ambition as the main reason for rejecting massive offers, yet they show the total opposite in the transfer market. Tottenham currently have two strikers on their books, plus a temperamental loanee with astronomical wages...

Harry Redknapp for England manager, :rolleyes: do me a favour, Gary Cahill would be bloody captain before you could say, 'mediocre, mid-table, not good enough for Aston Villa, centre half.'

Rant over. This is the Chelsea thread, please can we stop discussing Tottenham.
    Actually we have three strikers on our books, and they are competing for one spot since we only play one up top.

No let's talk about Tottenham, it is a far more interesting topic than Chelski.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Actually we have three strikers on our books, and they are competing for one spot since we only play one up top.

No let's talk about Tottenham, it is a far more interesting topic than Chelski.
    Are you a complete and utter idiot....?

Who do you think I'm talking about here: 'Tottenham currently have two strikers on their books, plus a temperamental loanee with astronomical wages...'

Oh yeah, this lovely chap.

It's far more interesting, 'cos there's so much wrong with your club...

Also, awkward how you accepted my argument because I speak nothing but the truth

ReputationRep:
    Are you a complete and utter idiot....?

Who do you think I'm talking about here: 'Tottenham currently have two strikers on their books, plus a temperamental loanee with astronomical wages...'

Oh yeah, this lovely chap.

It's far more interesting, 'cos there's so much wrong with your club...

Also, awkward how you accepted my argument because I speak nothing but the truth
    Gio dos Santos.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Gio dos Santos.
    Winger.

Million. Miles. From. First. Team.

ReputationRep:
    Winger.

Million. Miles. From. First. Team.
    Errr, so David Villa isn't a striker I take it? And for Racing Santander he had 5 goals in 16 games, with 2-4 assists (forget which one). Not bad for half a season at a poor club.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.