Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Errr, so David Villa isn't a striker I take it? And for Racing Santander he had 5 goals in 16 games, with 2-4 assists (forget which one). Not bad for half a season at a poor club.
    David Villa is a striker who plays in a fluid 4-3-3, last time I checked, nothing like the Spurs system, has that changed recently? Have you adopted a version of total football up in North London recently?

David Villa is a striker, Dos Santos is a traditional winger.

End of story, you really are embarrassing yourself now. Dos Santos as a 4th striker, drop me out mate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    David Villa is a striker who plays in a fluid 4-3-3, last time I checked, nothing like the Spurs system, has that changed recently? Have you adopted a version of total football up in North London recently?

David Villa is a striker, Dos Santos is a traditional winger.

End of story, you really are embarrassing yourself now. Dos Santos as a 4th striker, drop me out mate...
    Dos Santos is not a "traditional winger" in a 4-4-2. Have you ever seen him play?? He is an attacking wing-forward in an attacking 3 behind a main striker. Your misconception of his position is why he has failed so far in England, he has been player out of position.

I believe that with Ade, Spurs will shift to a 4-2-3-1 (basically a 4-3-3). And that Gio will get game time as a forward winger in that attacking 3 - just like Villa. Although Gio could play up top, and if you go to the Spurs website you will see Gio listed as a forward.

You are too funny. Must have started supporting Chelsea after Abramovich took over.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)

You are also forgetting about a little something called the new UEFA regulations. Money won't matter so much in a year's time. Sucks for you.

And Modric will watch you play Champion's League football, and choke as you normally do. Because let's face it, you have no chance of winning the Champions League in the next decade.

Furthermore, when Abromavich decides that it is time to shut up shop, your club is going bust. So sucks to be you again.

And Lacrosse is a rubbish sport.
    Why exactly do we have no chance of winning the Champions league in the next decade?! Our squad is perfectly capable of challanging any other european side.

Even if abramovich leaves (although i highly doubt it), chelsea has already established itself as a BRAND, and thats what football clubs use to generate revenue. We wont be in worse financial situation than man u, arsenal etc.

And as far as UEFA regulations are concerned, thats just a load of bull****, you mark my words. I cant believe people seem to think they will really have an effect.

Edit: As far as Modric is concerned, he will leave spurs soon enough. Weather it is to chelsea, arsenal, or someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Dos Santos is not a "traditional winger" in a 4-4-2. Have you ever seen him play?? He is an attacking wing-forward in an attacking 3 behind a main striker. Your misconception of his position is why he has failed so far in England, he has been player out of position.

I believe that with Ade, Spurs will shift to a 4-2-3-1 (basically a 4-3-3). And that Gio will get game time as a forward winger in that attacking 3 - just like Villa. Although Gio could play up top, and if you go to the Spurs website you will see Gio listed as a forward.

You are too funny. Must have started supporting Chelsea after Abramovich took over.
    There is no way you'll play 4-2-3-1, you play 4-4-1-1, you always will, with VDV off Adebayor. You also play with wingers, Bale and Lennon are the definition of wingers. You won't sacrifice this for a player that Redknapp clearly doesn't rate. (Although I have to admit, I do.)

Also, a 4-2-3-1 is a vastly different system to 4-3-3. The differences being:

1. Wingers being more inside forwards in a 4-3-3, more modern wingers if you like.
    2. VDV would be a second striker in a 4-2-3-1, as opposed to a CM in a 4-3-3.

Your football knowledge is quite embarrassing really. And how does my knowledge about Gio Dos Santos in anyway correlate to how long I have supported Chelsea? :lolwut:

For the record my family have been Chelsea season ticket holders for 15 years, I've had my own, yes paying out of my own pocket for one, for 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    There is no way you'll play 4-2-3-1, you play 4-4-1-1, you always will, with VDV off Adebayor. You also play with wingers, Bale and Lennon are the definition of wingers. You won't sacrifice this for a player that Redknapp clearly doesn't rate. (Although I have to admit, I do.)

Also, a 4-2-3-1 is a vastly different system to 4-3-3. The differences being:

1. Wingers being more inside forwards in a 4-3-3, more modern wingers if you like.
    2. VDV would be a second striker in a 4-2-3-1, as opposed to a CM in a 4-3-3.

Your football knowledge is quite embarrassing really. And how does my knowledge about Gio Dos Santos in anyway correlate to how long I have supported Chelsea? :lolwut:

For the record my family have been Chelsea season ticket holders for 15 years, I've had my own, yes paying out of my own pocket for one, for 4 years.
    Right so you rate the player, I rate the player, but he can't possibly play because Redknapp "doesn't rate" the player. Good to know that you are inside Redknapp's head and know his every thoughts.

Right, you get a 4-3-3. In that middle 3 you typically have 2 defensively minded players and one offensively minded player. In the front 3, the two wingers typically play behind the front middle man. Push the offensive man in the middle 3 up, and you have a 4-2-3-1. Amazing how that works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Right so you rate the player, I rate the player, but he can't possibly play because Redknapp "doesn't rate" the player. Good to know that you are inside Redknapp's head and know his every thoughts.

Right, you get a 4-3-3. In that middle 3 you typically have 2 defensively minded players and one offensively minded player. In the front 3, the two wingers typically play behind the front middle man. Push the offensive man in the middle 3 up, and you have a 4-2-3-1. Amazing how that works.
    Well if Redknapp rated him, why hasn't he been in your first team? He has the ability and the experience, so that's not the reason for him to be loaned out, he's easily your 3rd best wide player.

No, they are two different systems.

It's a pointless arguement, Spurs won't play anything but 4-4-1-1 this season. Don't think you have enough central midfielders to play 4-3-3 do you....? :teehee:

All I have to say about Tottenham..

ReputationRep:
    dn013 you are really embarrassing yourself here, why are we even talking about Spurs tactics here?

Dos Santos is a good player I like him but Redknapp seems to hate to play good players.

Well if Redknapp rated him, why hasn't he been in your first team? He has the ability and the experience, so that's not the reason for him to be loaned out, he's easily your 3rd best wide player.

It's a pointless arguement, Spurs won't play anything but 4-4-1-1 this season. Don't think you have enough central midfielders to play 4-3-3 do you....? :teehee:

Maccy, just leave him it's not worth typing out lol. We'll drop by when we see Spurs a bit lower down the table mid season :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    Why exactly do we have no chance of winning the Champions league in the next decade?! Our squad is perfectly capable of challanging any other european side.

Even if abramovich leaves (although i highly doubt it), chelsea has already established itself as a BRAND, and thats what football clubs use to generate revenue. We will be in worse a situation financially than man u, arsenal etc.

And as far as UEFA regulations are concerned, thats just a load of bull****, you mark my words. I cant believe people seem to think they will really have an effect.

Edit: As far as Modric is concerned, he will leave spurs soon enough. Weather it is to chelsea, arsenal, or someone else.
    Your point about UEFA regulations is spot on IMO. There are ways for clubs to bring in stupid money. Look at man city, I believe they have signed a £400m sponsorship with some Abu Dhabi company (forgot which) that on paper qualifies them for champions league.

ReputationRep:

Exactly, he'll rather play pienaar/kranjcar and I saw dos santos at the north american cup, was quality, especially that goal in the final vs USA. Kranjcar doesn't get played enough either. He played crouch over defoe last season, sells him this season to stoke and gets adebayor, when pav and defoe are there already competing for 1 position and are way more consistant than adebayor besides defoes goal drought. Although he played well in madrid, he was missing loads of sitters and had the service of ozil/di maria/alonso and ronaldo(when he passes), better than bale and lennon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Exactly, he'll rather play pienaar/kranjcar and I saw dos santos at the north american cup, was quality, especially that goal in the final vs USA. Kranjcar doesn't get played enough either. He played crouch over defoe last season, sells him this season to stoke and gets adebayor, when pav and defoe are there already competing for 1 position and are way more consistant than adebayor besides defoes goal drought. Although he played well in madrid, he was missing loads of sitters and had the service of ozil/di maria/alonso and ronaldo(when he passes), better than bale and lennon.
    Annd VDV :P

Yeah the better players in Krancjar and Dos Santos aren't playing and they would add immense quality. I rated Pav and Defoe as their better strikers always. Redknapp's selection policy really does confuse me sometimes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    Annd VDV :P

Yeah the better players in Krancjar and Dos Santos aren't playing and they would add immense quality. I rated Pav and Defoe as their better strikers always. Redknapp's selection policy really does confuse me sometimes
    Basically, tottenham are in trouble, had one good season, then got lucky in facing two under par milan teams in the champions league the next season, the AC milan team 5 years ago would wipe the floor of tottenham, god knows what happened to inter. If Liverpool were a bit more consistant at the start of the season, tottenham would be sixth place right now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scrappy-coco)
    Your point about UEFA regulations is spot on IMO. There are ways for clubs to bring in stupid money. Look at man city, I believe they have signed a £400m sponsorship with some Abu Dhabi company (forgot which) that on paper qualifies them for champions league.
    All they did was change the name of the stadium, Fair play rules are stupid anyway, they should just do a wage cap if they really wanted to solve the problem, Nobody above 200k a week. Simple.

ReputationRep:
    Hey a Bolton fan here and as you may well know we have recently acquired Gael Kakuta on loan for 6 months so I was just wondering what you think of him as regards to playing ability, potential etc as I don't much about him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromers)
    Hey a Bolton fan here and as you may well know we have recently acquired Gael Kakuta on loan for 6 months so I was just wondering what you think of him as regards to playing ability, potential etc as I don't much about him.
    Think he is a talented young player, lots of ability, lots of potential, and was tipped to make a breakthrough at Chelsea at the beginning of last season. Didn't really happen though and he didn't have a great season last year. Went on loan to Fulham but hardly played. I think if he's given a chance and some freedom to play attacking football he could do well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bromers)
    I only know of him from Football Manager. I usually loan him out in the first season and sell him back to a french club for $10 million. Quick and good skill. But not elite.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Think he is a talented young player, lots of ability, lots of potential, and was tipped to make a breakthrough at Chelsea at the beginning of last season. Didn't really happen though and he didn't have a great season last year. Went on loan to Fulham but hardly played. I think if he's given a chance and some freedom to play attacking football he could do well.

(Original post by bamboleo)
    I only know of him from Football Manager. I usually loan him out in the first season and sell him back to a french club for $10 million. Quick and good skill. But not elite.
    Thanks for the quick replies, hopefully Coyle can work his magic on him just like he did with Wilshere and Sturridge.

ReputationRep:
    If Liverpool were a bit more consistant at the start of the season, tottenham would be sixth place right now.

I'm sorry, is this the same Liverpool that lost at home to Spurs 2-0?

Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bamboleo)
    On football manager if he develops right he becomes a gem of a player with great crossing, passing and speed stats, didn't happen for my game but in others he becomes great. So yeah Coyle could work some wonders for us.

All they did was change the name of the stadium, Fair play rules are stupid anyway, they should just do a wage cap if they really wanted to solve the problem, Nobody above 200k a week. Simple.
    I think were a wage cap to come in, it would need to keep the highest wage a lot lower than that to really have much impact on a club's profit/loss ratio.

(Original post by cfc1992)
    Let's not forget how young he still is though. A bit more first team football in the prem and I think he'll be ready to start delivering for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    I'm sorry, is this the same Liverpool that lost at home to Spurs 2-0?

Idiot.
    Ok then, Chelsea lost to sunderland 3-0 at home. Who's the better team out of them? One victory doesn't make a team better than another, Inter beat barcelona, but barcelona are better than them due to their consistancy. Inter lost 7-3 on aggregate to schalke, but we know that they'll kick their ass normally. By january liverpool were 12th and edging towards relegation.
    But Liverpool got to 6th place in 3 months and could have got 5th if they beat you. That's why I believe they're better than you. Plus wolves kicked every big teams arse at home.

Lets face it you had an easy run against two under par milan teams in the CL who underestimated you. When you faced the big boys who played at their best and rated your team, you crumbled and couldn't even score one goal against real madrid. The 3-0 loss to man united and 5-1 to city proves it, you're not at the big boys level yet, you're a transition team like Arsenal, stepping stone to teams like Chelsea and both the Mancs. Basically above villa and everton.

Thanks. You're embarrassing yourself.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.