Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I think were a wage cap to come in, it would need to keep the highest wage a lot lower than that to really have much impact on a club's profit/loss ratio.

Let's not forget how young he still is though. A bit more first team football in the prem and I think he'll be ready to start delivering for us.
    Yeah, but it'll change the highest earner clauses players have in their contracts, hargreaves won't be getting 120k a week because rooney and toure won't get 250k. So most players will be under 100k.

ReputationRep:
    Was just watching Torres play in the Spain game. God, he's depressing to watch. Had a chance, but it was on his left foot outside the box. Just kept on making the wrong moves and runs... the only way he'd get the ball is if Iniesta/Xavi slid the ball in between two defenders that clung to his shoulders, and they struggled with that... if they can't help him, who can?

Really, really want him to do well, but he just seems completely and utterly out of it.

(Original post by Yawn-er)
    Was just watching Torres play in the Spain game. God, he's depressing to watch. Had a chance, but it was on his left foot outside the box. Just kept on making the wrong moves and runs... the only way he'd get the ball is if Iniesta/Xavi slid the ball in between two defenders that clung to his shoulders, and they struggled with that... if they can't help him, who can?

Really, really want him to do well, but he just seems completely and utterly out of it.
    Yeah, was watching this too. I really feel sorry for him now.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, was watching this too. I really feel sorry for him now.
    It's like he thinks too much about what he's doing...

I just hope he keeps on playing for us and AVB doesn't lose the faith. Him being dropped to the bench would just make things worse now.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't be surprised if he's loaned out in January to Atletico or something.

He reminds me of Rooney last year who went through 6 months of not being able to score, but it looks more chronic with Torres.

Maybe he's another Owen - career peaked in his mid 20's and it's downhill from there.

ReputationRep:
    What happened to the Torres at Stoke? D: Im depressed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chindits)
    Wouldn't be surprised if he's loaned out in January to Atletico or something.

He reminds me of Rooney last year who went through 6 months of not being able to score, but it looks more chronic with Torres.

Maybe he's another Owen - career peaked in his mid 20's and it's downhill from there.
    :lolwut: How in any way, shape or form would this help?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    :lolwut: How in any way, shape or form would this help?
    If that happens, he'll become another shevchenko. Needs to stay and get more games. We just need faith in him.

I have faith in Fernando.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Ok then, Chelsea lost to sunderland 3-0 at home. Who's the better team out of them? One victory doesn't make a team better than another, Inter beat barcelona, but barcelona are better than them due to their consistancy. Inter lost 7-3 on aggregate to schalke, but we know that they'll kick their ass normally. By january liverpool were 12th and edging towards relegation.
    But Liverpool got to 6th place in 3 months and could have got 5th if they beat you. That's why I believe they're better than you. Plus wolves kicked every big teams arse at home.

Lets face it you had an easy run against two under par milan teams in the CL who underestimated you. When you faced the big boys who played at their best and rated your team, you crumbled and couldn't even score one goal against real madrid. The 3-0 loss to man united and 5-1 to city proves it, you're not at the big boys level yet, you're a transition team like Arsenal, stepping stone to teams like Chelsea and both the Mancs.

Thanks. You're embarrassing yourself.

Let's start this off. We played two games against Liverpool and won both of them. You say that Liverpool were really the best team we should discount their start to the season. Well then how about we discount the end to our season that was marred by injuries? And then if you can't take 2 games to be decisive enough, then just take the whole season. In which we came a place above liverpool. Therefore, there is nothing working for you in your argument.

Right, easy-run. We could have got Copenhagen when we played Milan. Who would you rather have played. Copenhagen or Milan? Then you are saying we crumbled when we got a man sent off in the 10th minute or so at the Bernebeu. I am sorry, but it's pretty hard to play with 10 men away to Real Madrid.

You have proven yourself to be pretty stupid.

ReputationRep:
    I have faith in Fernando.
    In Fernando we trust.

ReputationRep:
    Fernando needs to get a goal soon and he'll be away for the season.

I'm just glad he hasn't picked up repetitive niggling injuries.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Fernando needs to get a goal soon and he'll be away for the season.

I'm just glad he hasn't picked up repetitive niggling injuries.
    Don't jynx it! :eek:

Hopefully with Raul Meireles and Mata, he can do something against Sunderland. Think Meireles will start or subbed on? Not like he needs an introduction to life in the Premier League.

Hilario
    Bosingwa - JT - Ivanovic - Cole

Mikel

Meireles - Lampard

Sturridge - Torres - Mata

Just wanted to see a team with our new signing in. How does that look for our game against Sunderland, even though I know Ramires will play and for good reason ofc. Hope Sturridge starts!

ReputationRep:
    I would love to see a front three of Sturridge, Torres and Mata.

ReputationRep:
    Torres is just suffering for a severe lack of confidence, he's still only about 27, he just needs a few goals to go in in successive games, off his shin or his arse, who cares, as long as they go in. Then the confidence will start to come back and he will start to actually get himself into more positions where he can sscore, instead of hanging back afraid of missing a chance.

But if they don't come and he doesn't improve, well then, we could be looking at the worst transfer in the whole history of football considering the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dn013)
    Let's start this off. We played two games against Liverpool and won both of them. You say that Liverpool were really the best team we should discount their start to the season. Well then how about we discount the end to our season that was marred by injuries? And then if you can't take 2 games to be decisive enough, then just take the whole season. In which we came a place above liverpool. Therefore, there is nothing working for you in your argument.

Right, easy-run. We could have got Copenhagen when we played Milan. Who would you rather have played. Copenhagen or Milan? Then you are saying we crumbled when we got a man sent off in the 10th minute or so at the Bernebeu. I am sorry, but it's pretty hard to play with 10 men away to Real Madrid.

You have proven yourself to be pretty stupid.
    The reason why I discounted their start, is because there was a change of manager in the middle of the season, who revelutionised the team. That's why. They lost both their talismans by march, yet they were still winning games, could have easily been liverpool in 5th place if they beat you.

You got an easy run, because they underestimated you and italian football has gone downhill from the 2000's. Inter for some reason didn't work well this year hence losing to schalke, Milan are not as good as they used to be.
    Eitherway Chelsea are not in trouble at all, even if torres fails to find the net. Liverpool are better in my opinion to tottenham due to their improvement from Dalglish's management. Feel free to disagree.

ReputationRep:
    I just did that football ground checker and it turns out Chelsea are now my local team (Crystal Palace excluded ).

AVB's army have my full and undying support :adore:

ReputationRep:
    Such a terrible glory hunter You live in London, your local support is Manchester United :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mess.)
    Such a terrible glory hunter You live in London, your local support is Manchester United :awesome:
    Zing! :ahee:

Not sure the Chelsea boys will accept me though tbf because I am from south of the river :emo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I would love to see a front three of Sturridge, Torres and Mata.
    Think that Sturridge has some creativity in him? Not much but enough to conjure up chances for himself and the rest? That would make our front 3 pretty effective!

Oh and what do you think of Lukaku's exclusion from the CL squad as rumoured to be

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.