Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Anelka has a great scoring record against Sunderland and has actually started the season well.
    I know, but if we want a player with so much ability to play with more confidence, then we have to play him with an attacking team like the one we have out now. He'd have so much more space and service today. Will not be surprised at all if anelka scores.

Looking forward to seeing mereiles, mata and sturridge though. Luiz and Torres would just complete my favourite line up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Woahh.... since when did Gyan move to some Arab club? What jokers
    lol Oh Gyan, funny thing is I could actually see him live if I wanted (im not an arab but I live in the UAE :P)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Ohh I've always wondered why you post really really late in the night... how is it there? What made you move UAE (or were you born there?)
    haha, you should have asked! :P

Yeah im 3 hours ahead of you guys in the UK. It's hot and otherwise a following of football from the locals but they support UAE local teams or Barcelona :P. I'm from Pakistan, was born there, but stayed there for a year, then moved to Hong Kong for 7 years and then Dubai for the last 14 years, dad moved here for work purposes so I've been here lol. English my whole life so the reason I eased in to football.

I'm loving the flow that Sturridge, Merieles, Mata and Ramires is giving us! WE ARE QUICK IN PASSING NOW

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, good performance so far. Sturridge should've scored. Looks apprehensive/nervous/maybe a little lazy(?), but he'll be fine. loving mata atm.

Bardsley is SCUM too. If he had hurt mata.........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Yeah, i agree having mceachran on the bench would be good. And yah, sturridge would draw defenders exactly because he's an attacking threat.

Ffs at torres being on the bench.
    Hopefully we put him on when we wrap up the game. Mata's sick though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, good performance so far. Sturridge should've scored. Looks apprehensive/nervous/maybe a little lazy(?), but he'll be fine. loving mata atm.

Bardsley is SCUM too. If he had hurt mata.........
    The way he stomped him looked so intentional >< Grr...come on Sturridge!

ReputationRep:
    Nice when your best striker gets on the score sheet isn't it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    What a touch from Sturridge

Did you go to English schools? Also does your dad work in a high up position to work in the UAE? Also is it nice to live there, always wanted to go to UAE. Haha... sorry for all these qestions.
    haha I did go to an English school here, well 2 to be exact :P. Nah he set up his own business. It's a nice place to live yeah, no tax but some stuff is expensive to cover for it :P. Sure thing come over, it's pretty fun xD. No worries :P.

Well played, Sturridge will surely start with Mata on the wings, we just need to choose a striker uptop. We have Leyverkusen to play, maybe Torres will start there?

ReputationRep:
    I give up on torres. He was unlucky to come on when our two better players came off. I swear Malouda has an aversion to passing the ball. Slowed down the pace drastically.

Bad defensive mistake. But decent match.

ReputationRep:
    Torres: Useless. We should have scored at 93, 3 on 1, torres on the ball. 2 players he can pass to, but decides to send the ball rolling out. WTF.

ReputationRep:
    I love torres, but agh. Really want him to do well, but from now on, i think i'll start watching his matches with no expectations.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    Torres: Useless. We should have scored at 93, 3 on 1, torres on the ball. 2 players he can pass to, but decides to send the ball rolling out. WTF.
    He keeps hold of the ball far too long I think, has happened this season and last.

Interested to see MotD tonight. Happy for Sturridge being given a chance at last.

Also, :fyi:, I'm not mentioning Torres in another post until he scores a goal for Chelsea.

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from work. Sounds like a good performance, so pleased Sturridge started.

What was Meireles like?

And SHOCK at Malouda slowing things down... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    Interested to see MotD tonight. Happy for Sturridge being given a chance at last.

Also, :fyi:, I'm not mentioning Torres in another post until he scores a goal for Chelsea.
    Sturridge had a 3 match ban, he would have started anyway. Drogba needs to be on next week, otherwise we'll have no chance. As much as I have faith in torres, man united is not the match he should be playing right now.

ReputationRep:
    Torres out ! Free Transfer to Mansfield

ReputationRep:
    I feel sorry for torres career dead at 27, strange couple of seasons ago he looked like worlds best striker, happens to some players..

ReputationRep:
    TBH, all I have to say on the matter is this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mistersjmcg)
    I feel sorry for torres career dead at 27, strange couple of seasons ago he looked like worlds best striker, happens to some players..
    He isn't dead yet. He just needs that one goal, he should have a break, he shouldn't play vs man united, we need the strongest in form team we can get. Torres shouldn't have been on the bench, but anelka had better movement off the ball than torres, maybe that's what he needs.

ReputationRep:
    I love torres, but agh. Really want him to do well, but from now on, i think i'll start watching his matches with no expectations.
    This. If we start watching him without expectations then he may do something :P

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.