Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    i guess it's a slow news day. :gah:

ReputationRep:
    http://youtu.be/bUIWFhvM1ZU

He is amazing xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    He has to be at the club for a certain amount of time to qualify for the B list.
    He qualifies for the B List according to Chelsea website.

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Workforce)
    He qualifies for the B List according to Chelsea website.

Cheers
    Chelsea's Champions League squad.

Thank you. Try again later.

ReputationRep:
    Was reading the latest match analysis on We Ain't Got No History and it talked about how Sturridge is effectively isolated on the right wing. Since he's left footed he doesn't tend to put any crosses (bar that one cross that Torres semi-overhead kicked) and because he's an opportunistic shooter he rarely linked up with Torres in terms of passing. In the blog it mentioned he should perhaps move further in-field to get more involved with play, and Bosingwa should be encouraged to get further up to provide the crossing from that side.

When he got subbed off for Anelka, we did play better. Perhaps Mata-Torres-Anelka is a better formula to use against Man Utd?

ReputationRep:
    Mata, Anelka, Sturridge would be my preference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Mata, Anelka, Sturridge would be my preference.
    What if we played Sturridge down the center?

Mata - Sturridge - Anelka

Lampard - Ramires
    Mikel

Cole - Terry - Ivanovic - Bosingwa

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge in the middle isn't a bad shout. Prefer Anelka out wide because he sits too deep when he plays in the centre.

Is Drogba fit for Sunday?

ReputationRep:
    I'm keen to know. I see journalists bashing him, stirring pressure, and many other fans lambasting him, but I'd like to know what the chelsea fans think of his form as of late? I think, in comparison to last season, his work rate has improved dramatically - the goals will come, surely.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge through the middle is a good shout, but he's hardly ever played there for us or on his own up there in a 4-3-3 in the PL, so away to United might not be the best place to start. Plus Villas Boas said in his press conference today he sees him as a wide player.

Drogba's out for Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    As a Chelsea fan I think Torres has actually got a lot better since how he was last season. And I actually think he's not that bad of a player, I mean he set up the Chelsea goals in the champions league this week and he's also played pretty well when he actually gets to play. The only reason why people slate him is basically because of the price tag, but you can sense the goals will come. He's looking more like a goalscorer compared to last season.
    But I guess when you're competing in a team which already has 3 able strikers it's pretty hard to actually get time on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think he looks particularly hungry to play anymore.

He should of been chomping at the bit after sealing his switch to Chelsea in January, but he was playing with the same sulking face that he had under Hodgson.

He'll still score goals, but he won't get anywhere near the levels he reached in 07-09.

ReputationRep:
    I like him, but every time I see him play, I can't help but think what we could of had instead. We could of had Aguero for 15Million less, and Aguero is younger, and is scoring more goals, or we probably could have got Neymar for 50million, but who knows how he'll play out of Brazil, he could be a huge flop as well. Theres hundreds of players we could of got for 50million. I just hope he comes good soon

ReputationRep:
    The best I've seen Torres play in the last 2 years was when he played against Chelsea and scored 2 goals, and in a pre-season game when he scored for Chelsea.

Other than that he's pants.

What I don't like though is how Chelsea fans try to defend him. If he played like this for Liverpool still you'd all be laughing at him. Just admit he's rubbish now lol.

ReputationRep:
    Needs to learn to adapt his game to him having lost a yard of pace imo.

ReputationRep:
    I would like to see Torres start for sure. This is the sort of game he will usually step up to. I think Mata - Torres - Sturridge is a must if we're going to attack. But I feel AVB may opt for two more defensive minded players on the wing to help cancel out Utd's potency down both flanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    I would like to see Torres start for sure. This is the sort of game he will usually step up to. I think Mata - Torres - Sturridge is a must if we're going to attack. But I feel AVB may opt for two more defensive minded players on the wing to help cancel out Utd's potency down both flanks.
    Ramires on the right wing could work. Would definitely put in a defensive shift. I remember watching him sprint back from the opposition box like a madman... was beautiful.

Can't see sturridge starting this game really. Expect AVB to think that he's too young and inexperienced.... he'd be a good sub though....

Mata - Torres - Ramires
    Lampard - Mikel - Mereiles
    A. Cole - Ivanovic - Terry - Bosingwa

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kronic)
    The best I've seen Torres play in the last 2 years was when he played against Chelsea and scored 2 goals, and in a pre-season game when he scored for Chelsea.

Other than that he's pants.

What I don't like though is how Chelsea fans try to defend him. If he played like this for Liverpool still you'd all be laughing at him. Just admit he's rubbish now lol.
    I'd happily watch him start every single game. Puts in immense effort, but it's the confidence and movement that's letting him down... before mata/sturridge/mereiles arrived, he hardly got any service, so he'd overcompensate by moving all over the pitch to get the ball.

But with those three now, he'll get more chances... which was particularly clear in the Bayer Leverkusen match, where he could've scored loads.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think he will ever score 20 goals a season.

ReputationRep:
    I have a feeling this will be the line-up for sunday.

Mata Torres Anelka
    Lampard Mikel Ramires
    A.Cole Terry Luiz Bosingwa

Lampard and Ramires got a rest so will probably start. Would prefer to see Ivanovic at RB for United but has he even played in that position this season? I guess he'll go for Bosingwa again.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.