Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geoff_yin)
    Tbf there's still time for that to change since the tournament hasn't even started yet.
    Fair enough, I still think Chelsea will end up making more ground than they lose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeppaloth)
    Fair enough, I still think Chelsea will end up making more ground than they lose.
    Have you seen our games in January though? Not being arrogant but they're all fairly winnable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Have you seen our games in January though? Not being arrogant but they're all fairly winnable.
    Exactly, Arsenal are without Song, Fabregas and RVP. United are losing their aura and teams are realising if they can stop Rooney they have a good chance of getting something.

ReputationRep:
    Exactly, Arsenal are without Song, Fabregas and RVP. United are losing their aura and teams are realising if they can stop Rooney they have a good chance of getting something.
    Fabregas will be back for our next match hopefully. And Bendtner is coming back soon.

Add surgery for Berbatov, then you've got an even weaker United side. The biggest test for United, is next season when Vidic goes, and if Ferdinand doesn't recover his form.

ReputationRep:
    Aah fair enough, its not as bad as I thought then.
    Fabregas Diaby Nasri
    Eduardo Bendtner Arshavin?

United will be dragged into the little mini league with Spurs, us etc. Ferdinand is crocked, doubt he'll make any more than 10 starts this season. How long is Berba out for?

ReputationRep:
    Aah fair enough, its not as bad as I thought then.
    Fabregas Diaby Nasri
    Eduardo Bendtner Arshavin?

United will be dragged into the little mini league with Spurs, us etc. Ferdinand is crocked, doubt he'll make any more than 10 starts this season. How long is Berba out for?
    Well he'll need surgery to find out the extent of his problems, we'll probably know then.

ReputationRep:
    Move you're tosh about Arsenal to your own thread, this is the thread of the future champions of England. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Move you're tosh about Arsenal to your own thread, this is the thread of the future champions of England. Thanks.
    lmao you're not pessimistic for once!

ReputationRep:
    Got my Arsenal tickets booked up this morning. How I'd love to do the double over them...

ReputationRep:
    not sure about you guys but i was quite happy to see this:

Chelsea are interested in bringing Wolfsburg striker Edin Dzeko to Stamford Bridge, according to the player's agent.
    http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...854627,00.html

Drogba and Dzeko. what a force :coma:

ReputationRep:
    I prefer Drogba & Anelka... mainly because I've only seen Dzeko play once possibly. What kind of a striker is he?

1-0 up in the youth cup against Forest at the moment too. Win there and we face Pompey at home.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    I prefer Drogba & Anelka... mainly because I've only seen Dzeko play once possibly. What kind of a striker is he?

1-0 up in the youth cup against Forest at the moment too. Win there and we face Pompey at home.
    tbh i haven't seen him play much either. just had a look at a youtube compilation and he sort of looks like a Drogba type player. good pace, out-muscles defenders and has a pretty sharp eye for goal. his finishing is much better than Anelka's. it looks like his height also makes him good for aerial attacks. on top of all that a very impressive record for Wolfsburg.

ReputationRep:
    I was under the impression he was a Milan signing in all but name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    I was under the impression he was a Milan signing in all but name?
    it says they couldn't come to an agreement on the terms of the deal. apparently the deal is expected to go ahead this summer instead, so yeh Milan are probably more likely to sign him. but if Roman opens his pocket up a little bit...:holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I definitely agree that we need a better third striker than Kalou, but up to the standard of Aguero, Dzeko etc that'd be wanting to command a starting spot? Didier and Anelka complement each other perfectly, and there's no striker in the world I'd want to replace either of them.

If there is one position I'd love us to improve on it's the AM spot. A key position in the diamond, but too many times this season either Joey Cole or Deco have been pretty ineffective there. I have no doubts that Joey on full fitness with some form would shine in that role, but for the first half of this season it hasn't been the case. Let Deco goes when his contract finishes at the end of the summer, strike a deal this month for a very good AM then loan him back out until the summer, renew Joey's contract and let them two face each other for the places in future seasons... Until Kakuta's ready.

ReputationRep:
    If Joe Cole is demanding a pay rise then he needs to be shipped out tbh. That will go down well with people on here but it has to be said/written.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    If Joe Cole is demanding a pay rise then he needs to be shipped out tbh. That will go down well with people on here but it has to be said/written.
    I don't think Joe's the type to be honest - I think he'll sign a new contract shortly...

ReputationRep:
    That's what I thought at first. Wages can only be largely justified by results on the pitch and, if he really is demanding higher wages, and has had long term injury, then it would be Robben take two. He's always wanted to play in the middle for Chelsea, having disputes with Mourinho over this, and now that he has chances to do this, he is not making the most of it. I know he's been out injured but you can't use that as shield to excuse poor performances when you really can do much better.

ReputationRep:

What a goal from Conor Clifford.

ReputationRep:
    wow that was brilliant. reminded me a lot of Belletti's goal against Boro:

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.