Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Unlucky for torres. Edging back to his best... hopefully that miss won't affect him too badly. (pleasepleaseplease.)

Ramires and Sturridge were the weak links today.
    What on Earth was you watching, the whole team was a weak link today apart from Torres's moment of fame.

ReputationRep:
    Mata- :coma: Torres played well, looked sharp. His finish for his goal was harder than his miss though :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    What on Earth was you watching, the whole team was a weak link today apart from Torres's moment of fame.
    What are you talking about, Chelsea were the better side for most of the match.

ReputationRep:
    AVB got his tactics right in both halves. If you had a genuine playmaker in your 3 man midfield you would be scoring for fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Karma Charger)
    What are you talking about, Chelsea were the better side for most of the match.
    Lol, sure they were.

ReputationRep:
    Not really bud. Would be interesting if you were a bit more subtle about your trolling btw.

Utd were exceptionally clinical, as they have been all season. That was the difference between the two teams.

ReputationRep:
    Not really bud. Would be interesting if you were a bit more subtle about your trolling btw.

Utd were exceptionally clinical, as they have been all season. That was the difference between the two teams.
    Trolling? I'm telling people on this thread how it is, how can one say their team played better when they missed most their chances and the opposition were clinical in most of their real chances?

I'm not trolling, just stating the obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Trolling? I'm telling people on this thread how it is, how can one say their team played better when they missed most their chances and the opposition were clinical in most of their real chances?

I'm not trolling, just stating the obvious.
    For large portions of the game, we were the better team in terms of build-up play and opportunities created - athough utd came close. Two of their goals came from offside positions. We had a large number of chances and missed them.

But in the end, all that matters if the goal-tally, and if we had a modicum of Utd's clinical ability, the game would've been different.

There's the possibility I'm slightly biased, but then again, anyone that dislikes us - as you seem to - would easily see the negative aspects of our play... this game shows us that we'll definitely challenge for the title and have as good a chance as Utd and City.

ReputationRep:
    Well that was an interesting game... Torres WILL come back to form if we keep playing like this. Our new signings have made so much difference for us, all we need is to keep going and everything will come together. I do wish that instead of emergency buying Torres in January we had waited until summer and bought someone else for less than £30m (nevermind £50m ffs), but what is done is done and I'm happy enough with Torres' performances. Just wish the media would stfu about him and let him get on with it.

First goal for Utd was poor from the linesman and our defense. 2nd was offside but fair enough, Nani's goal was spectacular and it was a fine margin anyway. 3rd goal was lucky. Other than that both sides suffered from the same problems, both played a good game but didn't quite get it right with finishing. In the end Utd got that little bit of luck which we were missing. Pretty much back to how matches between us were before the awful games last season.

ReputationRep:
    I agree with mhsc... Torres goal was clinical and harder to score then the one he missed. I hope the one he missed he can put behind him and just continue to improve because he keeps improving each game.

I think part of his form problem is the fact the media is focusing so hard on him.

Ramires today was horrible!

ReputationRep:
    Ah yes, forgot about Ramires. I know a lot of people love him, and he does put in a good shift, but ultimately everything he does is because he's fast and has great stamina. His technique is just not good enough for him to be a guaranteed starter for a title winning side.

ReputationRep:
    still a long way to go yet, hope torress puts that miss behind him and continues to improve, but on a positive note i will never tire of seeing shrek fall flat on his arse and his penalty flying wildly away from goal

The miss was really horrible :indiff: haven't seen anything else of the game but from what I've heard it does sound like the 3-1 scoreline flattered them a little.

Glad people are finally waking up to Ramires. Meireles > Ramires, pls.

ReputationRep:
    For large portions of the game, we were the better team in terms of build-up play and opportunities created - athough utd came close. Two of their goals came from offside positions. We had a large number of chances and missed them.

But in the end, all that matters if the goal-tally, and if we had a modicum of Utd's clinical ability, the game would've been different.

There's the possibility I'm slightly biased, but then again, anyone that dislikes us - as you seem to - would easily see the negative aspects of our play... this game shows us that we'll definitely challenge for the title and have as good a chance as Utd and City.
    I stopped reading as soon as you babbled on about winning the title and competing against the Manchester sides. If Chelsea or any other team for that matter was to challenge for the title then it would be evident by now, City and United have been in a totally different league compared to the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, granted this is the first game you've lost however, you just don't look like a team that will be competing for 1st/2nd place. Yes, Chelsea's stats might have been impressive today but like you mentioned, it's the goal tally and 3 points which matters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    The miss was really horrible :indiff: haven't seen anything else of the game but from what I've heard it does sound like the 3-1 scoreline flattered them a little.

Glad people are finally waking up to Ramires. Meireles > Ramires, pls.
    Yeah was shocking, could have 5-5 or 5-4 to us really.

Thing is Ramires is a consistent performer for us and helped us drive forward but today was just one of those days that didn't work for him. Meireles was good but IMO should have played higher up with Mikel holding. We had a good day, performance was real good especially in the 2nd half and shows we can challenge the other clubs for the title. Torres after the goal looked like someone else, twisting turning defenders causing problems. Must admit when AVB switched to 4-4-2 in the 2nd half we were quick like we wanted to be! Anelka got the assist for Torres and he replaced Lampard (funny how both Torres goals have been from Anelka lol) Shows how Lamps is slowing us up in midfield (Don't get me wrong I'm in pain writing this about him) but Mata, Sturridge and Torres created lots of space today. Maybe play this for Swansea? Hope Josh McEachran and Lukaku get a run against Fulham from the start.

Mata Torres Sturridge
    Ramires Mikel Mereiles
    A. Cole Ivanovic Terry Bosingwa

Sturridge and Anelka to swap maybe?

and Ivanovic and Luiz?

ReputationRep:
    Was actually impressed with Torres, took his goal very well for someone "low on confidence" but amazed at how he has no faith in his left foot. Could've opted to shoot in the first half where he passed it to Ramires instead, who missed and was possibly the turning point in the game.

Anelka coming on was also a good move by AVB, replacing Lampard. Torres' critisism of slow aging players was correct as he was fed loads of balls in the 2nd half. Chelsea also did their homework pretty well. When our defenders have the ball, Chelsea players were so tight on Anderson, Rooney & Fletch that they didnt let them turn & spread play out wide. It means they have to hold on to possession & hurry passes and it forced a fair few mistakes. I'm sure Chelsea will improve and still challenge as City dropped points today

ReputationRep:
    Ramires was brilliant today, don't forget his lovely through ball to Torres either. Agreed he isn't as good as Meireles or some other good technical midfielders, but he always puts in a good shift, presses well and is probably the quickest CM I've ever seen which has often helped out defensively when the other team are counter attacking and for us on the counter attack. He's an exciting player, whenever he's on the ball I think that something's going to happen (even if it doesn't always).

Great support as well today. We're gonna win the league!

ReputationRep:
    I stopped reading as soon as you babbled on about winning the title and competing against the Manchester sides.
    As well as being rude, you're super-incoherent. :rolleyes:

If Chelsea or any other team for that matter was to challenge for the title then it would be evident by now, City and United have been in a totally different league compared to the likes of Arsenal and Chelsea, granted this is the first game you've lost however, you just don't look like a team that will be competing for 1st/2nd place.
    Here you're saying that the reason Chelsea can't win the league because we haven't looked like we're playing well enough. But then, woops...

Yes, Chelsea's stats might have been impressive today but like you mentioned, it's the goal tally and 3 points which matters.
    ...you notice that Chelsea played really well today. So now it's about the points. So what you're saying is that we can't recover a five point deficit over season? Right. And I suppose if Man City are in this new elite title race of two, they must have won today against Fulham? Oh, wait...

Anywho, thought the performance was excellent today. Oddly, given the result, it was the most satisfying attacking football we've played in a long time. AVB needs to learn not to play Bosingwa in the difficult games, though. Ivanovic is our most dependable right back (and actually looks shaky in the middle).

And Sturridge is STILL not a right winger. He's not going to morph into one just because we play him every week.

(Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Was actually impressed with Torres, took his goal very well for someone "low on confidence" but amazed at how he has no faith in his left foot. Could've opted to shoot in the first half where he passed it to Ramires instead, who missed and was possibly the turning point in the game.

Anelka coming on was also a good move by AVB, replacing Lampard. Torres' critisism of slow aging players was correct as he was fed loads of balls in the 2nd half. Chelsea also did their homework pretty well. When our defenders have the ball, Chelsea players were so tight on Anderson, Rooney & Fletch that they didnt let them turn & spread play out wide. It means they have to hold on to possession & hurry passes and it forced a fair few mistakes. I'm sure Chelsea will improve and still challenge as City dropped points today

(Original post by Grape190190)
    As well as being rude, you're super-incoherent. :rolleyes:

Here you're saying that the reason Chelsea can't win the league because we haven't looked like we're playing well enough. But then, woops...

...you notice that Chelsea played really well today. So now it's about the points. So what you're saying is that we can't recover a five point deficit over season? Right. And I suppose if Man City are in this new elite title race of two, they must have won today against Fulham? Oh, wait...

Anywho, thought the performance was excellent today. Oddly, given the result, it was the most satisfying attacking football we've played in a long time. AVB needs to learn not to play Bosingwa in the difficult games, though. Ivanovic is our most dependable right back (and actually looks shaky in the middle).

And Sturridge is STILL not a right winger. He's not going to morph into one just because we play him every week.
    Good posts, lads.

ReputationRep:
    I think AVB may play a youngster or two today, I think he'll play Torres as well to help him regain his confidence and tbh in the Manchester game I thought he was good so despite the miss.. He still did well and he's improving, which is good. I think Mata has been looking like a good buy, very good that we didn't overspend on him.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.