Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grape190190)
    As well as being rude, you're super-incoherent. :rolleyes:

Here you're saying that the reason Chelsea can't win the league because we haven't looked like we're playing well enough. But then, woops...

...you notice that Chelsea played really well today. So now it's about the points. So what you're saying is that we can't recover a five point deficit over season? Right. And I suppose if Man City are in this new elite title race of two, they must have won today against Fulham? Oh, wait...

Anywho, thought the performance was excellent today. Oddly, given the result, it was the most satisfying attacking football we've played in a long time. AVB needs to learn not to play Bosingwa in the difficult games, though. Ivanovic is our most dependable right back (and actually looks shaky in the middle).

And Sturridge is STILL not a right winger. He's not going to morph into one just because we play him every week.
    Spot on, It's not like we were running away with the league last season and were 5 points ahead and flopped mid season and closed a 15 point gap to a 3 point gap, this person is full of **** tbh. I think there's a city hype, it looks like a change from man united vs chelsea so they'll take us out as contenders, seeing as we played pretty well that match, we blatently have the quality to win the league, Man united are probably as strong as they were 2 seasons ago now with young, hernandez and nani replacing tevez and ronaldo so it'll be hard for us to win. Man City have clicked on early, but over time you'll see they're just another real madrid, all the best players but without team chemistry will win ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    I think AVB may play a youngster or two today, I think he'll play Torres as well to help him regain his confidence and tbh in the Manchester game I thought he was good so despite the miss.. He still did well and he's improving, which is good. I think Mata has been looking like a good buy, very good that we didn't overspend on him.
    Mata is probably as good as silva tbh. I never knew he was this good though. Chelsea are being stupidly underrated. I think Liverpool are the real darkhorses, if they kept their second half form then they could possibly win, or be top 4 for sure. Arsenal well i don't know whats happening with them. They N
    need to spend in january too or at least aim for a cup and try for top 4/6.

ReputationRep:
    Goal for Gael Kakuta. I am pleased by this.

Still, if he's only gonna play in league cup games, I don't see the point in loaning him out.

ReputationRep:
    Give it time..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Definitely!
    DUDE! We didn't expect anything from him and he delivered =O Should we do it again!? :eyesroll:

Edit: Also, I love how Torres started to make loads of runs off the shoulders of the defenders and got service via Mata playing behind him and Anelka!

We should maybe go 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 and play Mata in the middle at times cause Torres looked dangerous with Mata there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AndersonsBentFoot)
    Was actually impressed with Torres, took his goal very well for someone "low on confidence" but amazed at how he has no faith in his left foot. Could've opted to shoot in the first half where he passed it to Ramires instead, who missed and was possibly the turning point in the game.

Anelka coming on was also a good move by AVB, replacing Lampard. Torres' critisism of slow aging players was correct as he was fed loads of balls in the 2nd half. Chelsea also did their homework pretty well. When our defenders have the ball, Chelsea players were so tight on Anderson, Rooney & Fletch that they didnt let them turn & spread play out wide. It means they have to hold on to possession & hurry passes and it forced a fair few mistakes. I'm sure Chelsea will improve and still challenge as City dropped points today
    You're probably the first man united fan who agrees that chelsea still have it, Torres was spot on about the whole slow players thing, although the way the media made it sound seemed rude, it's like nani saying that gary neville was past it last season. Torres just had to miss that shot though to make more people criticize him but oh well we've got the liverpool torres back now. He'll be in the starter for spains 11 soon enough.

ReputationRep:
    Cech, Ferreira, Alex, D Luiz, Bertrand, McEachran, Romeu, Malouda, Kalou, Lukaku, Sturridge

Team we've put in. Torres not on the bench though, good time to rest him for Swansea at home!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    DUDE! We didn't expect anything from him and he delivered =O Should we do it again!? :eyesroll:

Edit: Also, I love how Torres started to make loads of runs off the shoulders of the defenders and got service via Mata playing behind him and Anelka!

We should maybe go 4-2-3-1 or 4-4-1-1 and play Mata in the middle at times cause Torres looked dangerous with Mata there.
    YES, haha. I'm sure it'd work well again. Maybe we shouldnt mention his name, like Jonah Ramone is doing.

Sturridge is a bit too selfish for my liking. Should've let mceachran score that. Would probably have gone in.

Saying that, I hope he isnt too injured and is able to play on the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    YES, haha. I'm sure it'd work well again. Maybe we shouldnt mention his name, like Jonah Ramone is doing.

Sturridge is a bit too selfish for my liking. Should've let mceachran score that. Would probably have gone in.

Saying that, I hope he isnt too injured and is able to play on the weekend.
    Yes. We will do a Jonah Ramone and he who shall not be named will not be mentioned!

Agreed, Sturridge isn't a right winger at all, he wants that lone striking position with license to roam I think.

ReputationRep:
    Considering we're down to 10 men and had to sub on Turnbull of all people, with an embarassing front three of Malouda, Lukaku and Kalou.... We're doing pretty well.

I always tell myself I don't really care about the Carling Cup.. Until we're on the brink of getting knocked out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Considering we're down to 10 men and had to sub on Turnbull of all people, with an embarassing front three of Malouda, Lukaku and Kalou.... We're doing pretty well.

I always tell myself I don't really care about the Carling Cup.. Until we're on the brink of getting knocked out
    You keep telling yourself that xD seems like we're always on the brink of loosing in the CC. lol I like how you said its embarassing since only a few months ago besides Lukaku who I think played well, was part of our front 3 :P. I don't even see Kalou on the bench anymore =O

ReputationRep:
    our crossing has been horrific. we need to put mata on

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku is just our very own Emily Heskey. Possibly with less skill. The only way I see us getting use out of him is if he plays a battering ram role to give space to Torres

ReputationRep:
    We can't be that harsh on him he's 18 Give him time lol

I think the worst thing, regardless of the team that is put out, is that we keep getting knocked out of competitions at home.

ReputationRep:
    I like his personality and his movement but everything else is just terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Now all he needs to do is score the winner and I'll let him off :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    david luiz is simply quality

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz is legend. Honestly I think he could play anywhere in midfield with ease.

ReputationRep:
    Yessssssss!

P. Neville has scored against Fulham

Source: BBC website

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.