Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Omg omg wooooooooooooooooooooooooot

chelsea win!!!!!

hit the crossbar and bounced out: But did it cross the line?

ref said no, but who knows?
    Looks like many people didnt watch the game. I think it was on the line

ReputationRep:
    Lukaku was fine. He got absolutely no service today though. Kalou and Malouda are the biggest waste of space there is. Only good thing they did all night was score their penalties. Our strikers must be gagging to play with mata.

McEachran should've stayed on too... Kalou should've been subbed off. Glad we won the penalty shootout though.

Luiz. :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)
    Looks like many people didnt watch the game. I think it was on the line
    Hmmm. I'll need to watch the highlight show on BBC to see for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Lukaku was fine. He got absolutely no service today though. Kalou and Malouda are the biggest waste of space there is. Only good thing they did all night was score their penalties. Our strikers must be gagging to play with mata.

McEachran should've stayed on too... Kalou should've been subbed off. Glad we won the penalty shootout though.

Luiz. :coma:
    Agreed. Kalou is terrible, Not quite sure whether malouda was even aiming at the goal. I think our back four did a good job tonight, and so did turnbull. Luiz is awesome in every game. If only he wasnt CB, as i do worry he'll do something crazy each time he gets the ball.

Good job bringing lamps and JT on.

ReputationRep:
    I was there tonight, Lukaku showed promise but badly lacked fitness, even late in the second half he looked really really knackered. I was worried he'd try to take a penalty and struggle with the run-up!

Luiz and Romeu were our best players imo

ReputationRep:
    We need to convert Luiz in to some sort of attacking midfielder cause of flair and bossness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lhp)
    I was there tonight, Lukaku showed promise but badly lacked fitness, even late in the second half he looked really really knackered. I was worried he'd try to take a penalty and struggle with the run-up!

Luiz and Romeu were our best players imo
    i think it might have been due to his muscle cramp rather than lack of fitness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    We need to convert Luiz in to some sort of attacking midfielder cause of flair and bossness.
    He's more brazillian than ramires lol. This guy and mata have been our best buys in recent seasons.

ReputationRep:
    Was speaking to my old man the other day and he said that Lukaku had the exact body shape as Drogba when he first started at Chelsea. I reckon Chelsea will make him a bit more trim, but he will learn from this experience that his fitness has to improve.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, I love the chelsea tv clips on youtube with brief glimpses into the players training. AVB looks like he has the perfect backroom staff. I wonder who that short, slightly tubby coach is with the medium-length curly hair. Looks like he's quite close to the players.

I expect Mata, Anelka and Torres will be playing up front for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    Ah, I love the chelsea tv clips on youtube with brief glimpses into the players training. AVB looks like he has the perfect backroom staff. I wonder who that short, slightly tubby coach is with the medium-length curly hair. Looks like he's quite close to the players.

I expect Mata, Anelka and Torres will be playing up front for us.
    I loved David Luiz jumping up and down after Didier's goal xD

http://www.chelseafc.com/page/TheMan...387265,00.html

I think it's him who your on about.

Yeah with Sturridge out for the game those 3 look likely with Drogba to come off the bench at some point. Interesting to see who gets picked in midfield cause apparently Oriol Romeu has impressed to be given a start. Expecting a Ramires - Lampard - Mikel or a Ramires - Mikel - Meireles tbh

ReputationRep:
    From watching the man united match I think we needed someone to sit back and break down the play like we usually do. I can see romeu starting, since we're facing swansea, then using lampard and ramires, lampard should play since we don't really need pace as much since chelsea are more technically able than swansea and will probably get us a goal. Torres will start if fit, mata and anelka too, I don't see kalou playing yet, he'll probably play later in the season or something when we pick up proper momentum like man united have.
    My prediction, 3-0 chelsea lampard, torres and mata/random defender from a set piece.

ReputationRep:
    From watching the man united match I think we needed someone to sit back and break down the play like we usually do. I can see romeu starting, since we're facing swansea, then using lampard and ramires, lampard should play since we don't really need pace as much since chelsea are more technically able than swansea and will probably get us a goal. Torres will start if fit, mata and anelka too, I don't see kalou playing yet, he'll probably play later in the season or something when we pick up proper momentum like man united have.
    My prediction, 3-0 chelsea lampard, torres and mata/random defender from a set piece.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I can't see Kalou playing anything but the FA and Carling Cup and maybe the premier league around New Years which again won't be possible cause he'll be with the Ivory Coast.

ReputationRep:
    Kalou had his chances in the Fulham game and before Sturridge returned from his ban.. He just isn't taking his chances.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard dropped, there was talk about that before the game. Mikel will hold which is a good thing. Torres, Mata and Anelka upfront. Now this is a team with pace, creativity and can hold themsleves at the back especially with Mikel in there.

ReputationRep:
    Lampard did play 70 mins with 10 men though just on Wednesday, where as Mikel, Ramires and Meireles were all rested so will all be much fresher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Lampard did play 70 mins with 10 men though just on Wednesday, where as Mikel, Ramires and Meireles were all rested so will all be much fresher.
    True, but im still excited to see this midfield and strike force link up =o

ReputationRep:
    McEachran needs to be playing at least one half for me. Also think Romeu played very well Wednesday.

I have a feeling McEachran will get at least 25-30 minutes in the second half, especially if the game is already wrapped up then as it should be.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.