Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Kalou should be restricted to brief Carling Cup performances and being used if we have some sort of crazy injury crisis. He's just a completely useless mess of a human being these days. I mean I always thought he was ****, and then occasionally he gives you a glimmer of hope, and then he'll go on another 20 game **** streak

I thought we did well aside from Kalou ruining the game. Referee was definitely a **** though.

Also don't think anyone mentioned it, but thought it was a penalty right at the beginning of the match as well that the ref was too much of a pussy to give 2 minutes into the game
    Was the Valencia defender last man? It could have been a penalty but perhaps just the yellow to the Valencia defender as I believe their other player, their left back(?) was there or thereabouts, closing in the Chelsea player in question.

First half was crap, poor entertainment value, but the game really opened up in the second half and was fun to watch.

Had a good week of football this week. Saw Man United vs Basle at Old Trafford for free, watched the Val vs Chelsea game on tv which was a good watch overall and then I think there's football on Channel 5 tonight.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh both teams played well, Valencia started off well in the first half and set the tempo of the game. Chelsea came out at half time and looked hungry to win, once Lampard got his goal I was sure you wouldn't lose however, your defence was being destroyed by Valencia's over-head crosses to their striker and you're lucky those breaks weren't successful. Personally I think Fernando should have stayed on, it's not like he needs to rest for anything anytime soon he's got a three match man ffs:facepalm:Lampard should have stayed on because he was pretty much a driving force for Chelsea in the second half, Mata should have been substituted because he was ineffective in the last 10 minutes when Chelsea were being dominated by Valencia's numerous breaks. Silly penalty to give away on Kalou's part, why would you come on and do something so stupid is beyond me.. You guys have looked good since the United game (though I think you were lucky not to lose 2-1 last night and I still think your chances on contending for first place in the PL is low, though that's not to say you will do badly in the UCL).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Tbh both teams played well, Valencia started off well in the first half and set the tempo of the game. Chelsea came out at half time and looked hungry to win, once Lampard got his goal I was sure you wouldn't lose however, your defence was being destroyed by Valencia's over-head crosses to their striker and you're lucky those breaks weren't successful. Personally I think Fernando should have stayed on, it's not like he needs to rest for anything anytime soon he's got a three match man ffs:facepalm:Lampard should have stayed on because he was pretty much a driving force for Chelsea in the second half, Mata should have been substituted because he was ineffective in the last 10 minutes when Chelsea were being dominated by Valencia's numerous breaks. Silly penalty to give away on Kalou's part, why would you come on and do something so stupid is beyond me.. You guys have looked good since the United game (though I think you were lucky not to lose 2-1 last night and I still think your chances on contending for first place in the PL is low, though that's not to say you will do badly in the UCL).
    I think city might **** up tbh, which leaves man united or chelsea. Chelsea should be in the semis though, I see an england vs spain semis again with inter, AC milan or bayern there, chelsea could just have easily been the team in the final of the cl last year and we have been performing badly since that barcelona match in the UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I think city might **** up tbh, which leaves man united or chelsea. Chelsea should be in the semis though, I see an england vs spain semis again with inter, AC milan or bayern there, chelsea could just have easily been the team in the final of the cl last year and we have been performing badly since that barcelona match in the UCL.
    Tbh United outplayed us, they deserved to be in the final.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maccy7)
    Tbh United outplayed us, they deserved to be in the final.
    They did outplay us, but in reality we're just as good as them, we had pretty much the same team as the year before which won the double but injuries and bad form costed us that season, plus ramires had a good game against united before he got sent off, but yeah they deserved to be in the final there's no denying that. That's what I mean by we could have also been in the final.

ReputationRep:
    3 words: Thursday night football
    oh Woooooow your sig is epic, is that really what his notepad said i wonder.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zayne101)
    oh Woooooow your sig is epic, is that really what his notepad said i wonder.
    yes

3 words: Thursday night football
    PRSOM.

ReputationRep:
    One of our better line-ups. I like.

ReputationRep:
    Well, that's a good start. Well done Danny....

ReputationRep:
    Easy

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, Bolton can't defend in the box.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge and Bosingwa are tearing Robinson to shreds. Poor full-back's getting destroyed.

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear

Never before thought that when we scored

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n1r4v)
    Woah embarrassing all around. Not sure what the keeper is doing no pressure on Luiz whatsoever.
    Bogdan is having an absolute howler. The amount of space Luiz had would embarrass a Sunday League side, though.

ReputationRep:
    Sturridge is very impressive.

This is too funny.

ReputationRep:
    Drogba looks unfit. Take Mata and Drogba off now tbh...

Still have the arsenal/newcastle game in the back of my mind..... surely not?

ReputationRep:
    ok... that was sweet!

ReputationRep:
    Good result, some very good performances from a couple of our players. Still far from our best, didnt see the best of Didier or Mata for sure but WE MADE SPACE and had we been a bit sharper in the 2nd half could have scored a couple more.

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.