Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    He must be amazing during training.

(Original post by jam277)
    Yeah lol, I only say pick sturridge over him as a joke, sturridge is a good player and should be picked over danny welbeck and downing/johnson and should at least be a starter in the right winger role, but playing over rooney that's just stupid, he's englands best player by far.
    Over Wellbeck I can see, but I think Adam Johnson has a good deal to offer England and Downing this and last season has been twice the player he ever was before and deserves a chance at the national team. Imo, if any player should be dropped in favour of Sturridge, it should be one of the all-pace-and-nothing-else players like Walcott.

(Original post by Hatchet)
    I hear we've offered Kalou a new contract..
    WHAT THE ACTUAL ****, WHAT DO THEY SEE THAT NOONE ELSE SEES. HE'S NOT GOOD ENOUGH TO PLAY AT THE HIGHEST LEVEL, SIMPLE AS.
    We have some very decent talent coming through, give them a chance.
    Agree. If this is true I am going to facepalm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)

It's true, he has been offered one.

I don't think this has ever been more apt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iRush)
    It's true, he has been offered one.
    source?

ReputationRep:
    Over Wellbeck I can see, but I think Adam Johnson has a good deal to offer England and Downing this and last season has been twice the player he ever was before and deserves a chance at the national team. Imo, if any player should be dropped in favour of Sturridge, it should be one of the all-pace-and-nothing-else players like Walcott.

I mean he should play in the starting 11 over downing, downing is a great player, but sturridge has more pace, better at finishing, good at dribbling, plays the same role as david villa in barcelona and does it pretty well, look at his goal record which will only get better.
    I think young, agblonlahor/bent, sturridge should play, if carroll can get good form then he should start until rooney comes back.

ReputationRep:
    Oh for **** sake we gave him a new contract, this means that anelka's leaving probably, if kakuta gets a good spell he'll be above kalou, I guess we just have to use kalou as a half time sub when we need a goal because that's honestly the only thing he's good at. I have a feeling though that if kalou goes to another club like villareal or athletico he'll be on fire for some stupid reason.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe the new contract is putting him on a pay as you play minimum wage basis

ReputationRep:
    Maybe it's his age since he's 25, they're probably planning on getting 10 million for him since he's worth around that in the market. Makes sense, it's just for the sake of profit.
    Compare that to anelka, who has probably around 3 years left of him and has little sell on value, which is why we sold carvalho for 6 million (so stupid but oh well) even players like lucio and puyol have no sell on value so you wouldn't pay more than 10 million for 33 year olds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    source?
    http://www.chelseafc.com/page/Latest...480839,00.html

Chelsea fc.com itself :P

ReputationRep:

haha, epic chelsea video!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)

Brilliant :laugh:

ReputationRep:

hahah, that was a brilliant laugh. Oh Romelu, now we know your new hairstyle for tomorrow :P.

ReputationRep:

Haha good video.

Why wasn't Torres with the lads though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Haha good video.

Why wasn't Torres with the lads though?
    He would probably destroy all of them though.
    Romelu's a good chap though, seems funny in training.

Good result from our point of view at Anfield. Just need to ensure we win today, what with City running away with it against Villa.

ReputationRep:
    Good result from our point of view at Anfield. Just need to ensure we win today, what with City running away with it against Villa.
    Yeah we should win today. Everton are really dodgy and have a good record against us. I'm sure we've drawn to them in the last couple meetings and they also beat us in the FA cup.

ReputationRep:
    He shags who he wants, he shags who he wantss..john terry! He shags who he wants!

ReputationRep:
    We can't keep a clean sheet!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    We can't keep a clean sheet!!!!!!!
    IKR?

It is pretty damn annoying. Petr Cech keeps on getting screwed on by his defenders - lack of concentration in the end parts of the game.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.