Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Lack of discipline today has been pitiful. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Ref must be a Man U supporter.
    Ref must be on ****ing hallucinogenics :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    Good 2nd half performance from the lads, just a shame our strikers are off the boil at the moment. Need to sort out Luiz though, he obviously a multi-talented footballer but has shown time and time again that he doesnt have a cool enough head to play at CB, a complete liability. Need to sort Drogba out as well, again one of our most talented players and has been influencial to all of our success in the past but his goals are drying up and his attitude at the moment isnt great.

ReputationRep:
    I am absolutely distraught.

That performance with our 9 men was something rare - we deserved something.

Unfortunately for Chelsea, as it usually is, the referee seems to be a complete **** most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    We deserved a draw today. Drogba and Luiz should be fined the maximum possible, as well as Bosingwa as well. Unacceptable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Good 2nd half performance from the lads, just a shame our strikers are off the boil at the moment. Need to sort out Luiz though, he obviously a multi-talented footballer but has shown time and time again that he doesnt have a cool enough head to play at CB, a complete liability. Need to sort Drogba out as well, again one of our most talented players and has been influencial to all of our success in the past but his goals are drying up and his attitude at the moment isnt great.
    Agree with pretty much everything you said, but I can't help but feel that Drogba may be past it...or at least, getting there.

ReputationRep:
    Nothing seemed to go right for Chelsea today.

I think we just have to accept that this football, and take the positive aspects i.e. the work ethic, from the game.

EDIT: Drogba does seem to be a shade of his former self. Luckily Torres has just finished his suspension. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingMessi)
    Agree with pretty much everything you said, but I can't help but feel that Drogba may be past it...or at least, getting there.
    I know what you mean, I think a lot of it will be to do with his attitude and whether or not he still has the hunger to play at the highest level. I still believe he has the ability too, but theres no way a player of his experience should be making a challenge like that. And he hasnt played like hes got anything to prove either, at least when Torres wasnt playing well, you could see effort and desire, I feel thats been lacking in Drogba's game and it might not come back.

ReputationRep:
    tbh we did desevre a draw but i was happy with the 9 men for keeping it to 1-0. torress back in the side after his suspension and ivanovic can cover for bosingwa hopfully, feels good to have strength in depth atm.

ReputationRep:
    There was me thinking Chelsea and Liverpool could compensate Uniteds mistakes tonight to make it harder for City to win the PL, and there you are losing to QPR.

Pathetic!

ReputationRep:
    Neil Warnock: I thought Chris Foy got everything right today.

:facepalm:

I facepalmed so hard my hand has left a dent on my forehead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    tbh we did desevre a draw but i was happy with the 9 men for keeping it to 1-0. torress back in the side after his suspension and ivanovic can cover for bosingwa hopfully, feels good to have strength in depth atm.
    Yes, and hopefully that means that Ivanovic will replace Bosingwa, a good attacking full back but a liability defensively....

ReputationRep:
    Some matches, everything goes wrong, like today.

We played so well with 9 men and if we keep that spirit up we WILL finish in at least the top 2 or 3.

Ref was too card happy today and Bowsingwa should have been a yellow with Terry covering and more of a tangle than a foul.

ReputationRep:
    Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Even worse than Ovrebo against Barcelona. Bosingwa should have never gotten sent off. And if QPR got a penalty for Luiz's foul, then we should have gotten one in the second half for Helguson's foul on Luiz. It's just shocking to see blatant decisions like this go against us in the Premier League. This isn't the conference, it's the bloody PL. I'm just fuming mad at the moment. Referee had to be bought or something. It's ridiculous how bad he was today. And not to both teams, just to one! And reading articles like this don't really help with that train of thought:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-referees.html

Credit to the lads, they gave it their all. We were awesome with 9 men. Really proud of the effort. With better finishing from Anelka, we might have even gotten a draw. Honestly, I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around the fact that Rangers actually won that game. They were pathetic. This wasn't a football match. It was a crime scene. It's a joke really.

Bah. Rant over. Running out of superlatives to describe how woeful Chris Foy was today. If The FA don't do anything about this, I'm going to lose faith in football after this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aurcen)
    Worst refereeing performance I've ever seen. Even worse than Ovrebo against Barcelona. Bosingwa should have never gotten sent off. And if QPR got a penalty for Luiz's foul, then we should have gotten one in the second half for Helguson's foul on Luiz. It's just shocking to see blatant decisions like this go against us in the Premier League. This isn't the conference, it's the bloody PL. I'm just fuming mad at the moment. Referee had to be bought or something. It's ridiculous how bad he was today. And not to both teams, just to one! And reading articles like this don't really help with that train of thought:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...-referees.html

Credit to the lads, they gave it their all. We were awesome with 9 men. Really proud of the effort. With better finishing from Anelka, we might have even gotten a draw. Honestly, I'm finding it hard to wrap my head around the fact that Rangers actually won that game. They were pathetic. This wasn't a football match. It was a crime scene. It's a joke really.

Bah. Rant over. Running out of superlatives to describe how woeful Chris Foy was today. If The FA don't do anything about this, I'm going to lose faith in football after this.
    An exaggeration. Ovrebo was something else, there aren't words to describe how dismal that performance was. He DID cost us the game, whereas today it was the lack of discipline that lost us the game. The only really bad one was the Bosingwa sending off, and even that was debatable...it was a pen from Luiz, and Drogba had to go.

People are far too quick to jump on the referees back and forget about Luiz, Drogba and Anelka's finish, which actually DID screw up the game for us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cz100)
    Ref must be a Man U supporter.
    So was the 1st and 2nd world wars, corruption in africa, assisination of jfk and the collapse of the twin towers right?

WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL DAVID LUIZ TO GET ON A PLANE BACK TO BRAZIL AND TO STAY THERE. Thanks.

In other news, I'm finding it incredibly frsutrating the regularity with which these so called "freak results" against smaller clubs seems to be creeping into our seasons. It's like the Chelsea of 10-12 years ago again.

(Original post by darkshadow1111)
    So was the 1st and 2nd world wars, corruption in africa, assisination of jfk and the collapse of the twin towers right?
    I know it must be hard for you, but please try to make sense in your posts, or simply don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    What's this about Terry being racist?? And the Sky Sports cameras caught it? :P Damn...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    WILL SOMEONE PLEASE TELL DAVID LUIZ TO GET ON A PLANE BACK TO BRAZIL AND TO STAY THERE. Thanks.

In other news, I'm finding it incredibly frsutrating the regularity with which these so called "freak results" against smaller clubs seems to be creeping into our seasons. It's like the Chelsea of 10-12 years ago again.

I know it must be hard for you, but please try to make sense in your posts, or simply don't bother.
    Why blame Luiz?

I genuinely thought he was the best player on the pitch in the second half. Was literally working his face off to get the team something, running all over the pitch. Could see that he was exhausted by the amount of times he knelt over trying to sort himself out. Yes, he made a mistake with the penalty, but he wasn't the one that got Drogba and Bosingwa sent off.

Was genuinely very impressed with him. The moment he becomes more defensively astute, and if he's able to combine that with his mentality at the moment, he will be supreme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darkshadow1111)
    yeah because all that only affected chelsea fans didn't it you idiot

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.