Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chelseafreak)
    yeah because all that only affected chelsea fans didn't it you idiot
    I'm sure that he's taking the mick because referees are always blamed for Chelsea losses, maybe? I'm not saying they are, it's his opinion.

That game vs Barca a few years ago was a pisstake though, you should have won it. Unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    David Luiz is a great player but not as a CB...

He is a very attacking player with great finishing but 3 penalties he has given away and dives into rash challenges when there is no need.

I am nervous he will get a red card or give away a penalty every time he is picked to play.
    Put him in midfield, possible defensive midfielder but not as a CB.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    What's this about Terry being racist?? And the Sky Sports cameras caught it? :P Damn...
    Yeah, I've seen it. He's been caught :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    Well.. My opinion is that despite having 9 players, we did have opportunities to score and we just didn't take them, most notably Niko's header. Fair enough we were creating opportunities with 9 players, but you have to take those opportunities and we didn't.

As for David Luiz.. Yeah he was making runs, but it simply reminded me of Ramires/Essien running with the ball into the other half, maybe we missed Ramires? But his mistake that led to the penalty was point blank stupid and unnecessary. And the thing is, it's not his first time, it's like his 3rd or 4th and it's cost us. Luiz will probably end up playing in our next game because Ivanovic will be playing as RB - Btw Ivanovic's first cross to Niko was brilliant in comparison to Boswinga's.. Why do we still play Boswinga?

Drogba should have known better with 1 man down than to make a stupid challenge like that, I doubt he'll get a look in now because Torres will be back. I hope they do get fined and realise how stupid they were.. Despite with 9 men, we did quite well so credit to those 9 players for putting in an extra workload.

ReputationRep:
    However you dress it up, they were both red cards. Please, stop being so biased. Bosingwa wasn't clear cut but Wright-Phillips was through on goal.

The penalty was soft, but Luiz was an idiot for making the challenge, of course the striker is going to go down, and 8 times out of 10, will get a penalty.

Anyway, good performance, deserved at least a point. 55% possession is incredible with 9 men.

ReputationRep:
    Got you guys to win your Carling game tomorrow, do me proud:awesome: Oh and please try and beat City in the PL, they're really irritating me now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hatchet)
    Good 2nd half performance from the lads, just a shame our strikers are off the boil at the moment. Need to sort out Luiz though, he obviously a multi-talented footballer but has shown time and time again that he doesnt have a cool enough head to play at CB, a complete liability. Need to sort Drogba out as well, again one of our most talented players and has been influencial to all of our success in the past but his goals are drying up and his attitude at the moment isnt great.
    Drogba needs to sort himself out, since we sacked ray wilkins last year and went on that bad run of form he's been a shell of his former self, what happened to the drogba who scores hat tricks casually and destroys arsenal every time we play them?
    We don't have him at the moment, I still think he's got at least 1 season left in him at the top level as in chelsea standards. But he could be on the decline. He is 33.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pinda.college)
    Got you guys to win your Carling game tomorrow, do me proud:awesome: Oh and please try and beat City in the PL, they're really irritating me now
    Yeah, Chelsea (with a full midfield that has no injuries) can beat city. Man united got their tactics wrong and still thought they were above city, plain and simple they tried to take them for arsenal, different day, different mindset would have been a different result. No doubt city have quality to win the prem, but they're not all that, they wouldn't beat madrid and barcelona or the other english teams in the champions league if they're scraping wins against villareal and struggling against napoli and bayern.
    Liverpool are dodgy as well and can beat the big teams so I can see them beating city as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hemzo)
    Well.. My opinion is that despite having 9 players, we did have opportunities to score and we just didn't take them, most notably Niko's header. Fair enough we were creating opportunities with 9 players, but you have to take those opportunities and we didn't.

As for David Luiz.. Yeah he was making runs, but it simply reminded me of Ramires/Essien running with the ball into the other half, maybe we missed Ramires? But his mistake that led to the penalty was point blank stupid and unnecessary. And the thing is, it's not his first time, it's like his 3rd or 4th and it's cost us. Luiz will probably end up playing in our next game because Ivanovic will be playing as RB - Btw Ivanovic's first cross to Niko was brilliant in comparison to Boswinga's.. Why do we still play Boswinga?

Drogba should have known better with 1 man down than to make a stupid challenge like that, I doubt he'll get a look in now because Torres will be back. I hope they do get fined and realise how stupid they were.. Despite with 9 men, we did quite well so credit to those 9 players for putting in an extra workload.
    Bosingwa isn't the best defending, but attacking he does really well, which is why AVB prefers him. I wanna know what's gonna happen to alex though? Plus we need one more natural winger in january(kakuta if he performs really well for bolton) because an injury to mata means malouda or kalou are in the first team. :facepalm2:

(Original post by jam277)
    Bosingwa isn't the best defending, but attacking he does really well, which is why AVB prefers him. I wanna know what's gonna happen to alex though? Plus we need one more natural winger in january(kakuta if he performs really well for bolton) because an injury to mata means malouda or kalou are in the first team. :facepalm2:
    I was never convinced of Alex, but Luiz is an even bigger liability.

ReputationRep:
    Whats stamford bridge like for away fans? Are the stewards whining tossers who keep getting you to sit down? Beer?

ReputationRep:
    What happens to Meireles when you get Modric or somebody else in the next few windows? Bit pointless to get him for this short amount of time...

In my opinion of course, I loved him and it was wrong of Dalglish to start Adam/Henderson ahead of him, should have bedded them in later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jim-Jam)
    What happens to Meireles when you get Modric or somebody else in the next few windows? Bit pointless to get him for this short amount of time...

In my opinion of course, I loved him and it was wrong of Dalglish to start Adam/Henderson ahead of him, should have bedded them in later!
    That's the stupid thing about liverpool, they have great players, then they sell them and get players that aren't as good then wait for them to become great again, e.g. selling torres and buying carroll, replacing alonso and adding lucas, replacing meireles and aquilani(great on loan) and adding henderson when you have shelvey to come up the ranks. When this happens, the great players have no choice than to leave, unless you're gerrard being replaced by someone who isn't as good as you in liverpool would cause you to leave e.g. Alonso.
    Unlike arsenal they can keep their players too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonah Ramone)
    I was never convinced of Alex, but Luiz is an even bigger liability.
    Alex is a good player, remember his performance against man united last season, they could have won 4-1 but won 2-1 because he played so good that game. Ivanovic was so solid last season, he should be the main CB that pairs up with terry while luiz should be converted into a midfielder so ramires can have a break, because if ramires is injured, then we can kiss our prem league trophy goodbye because essien won't be back for a couple of months and there's no CM that can unlock the defence with their runs. Plus his finishing is better than ramires's anyway, he's just not as fast although he isn't slow either.

ReputationRep:
    i am a bit wary of AVB putting a very young team. i think midfield is lacking an experienced guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wazzup)
    i am a bit wary of AVB putting a very young team. i think midfield is lacking an experienced guy.
    Well, the Carling Cup isn't crucial, and experience isn't something that magically appears; these players have to be given the chance to get the experience. I'm very much in favour of seeing players like Bertrand, Lukaku, McEachran, Romeu et al. get their chances as they are the future of this club.

Well, it's difficult to field a full squad when half of them are banned

ReputationRep:
    Anelka penalty miss ffs :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mhsc)
    Anelka penalty miss ffs :facepalm:
    Tell me about it.

I really hope we don't lose this game...

ReputationRep:
    since when anelka does penalties. wtf?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.