Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Happy with that.

ReputationRep:
    Joe Cole looks like he's staying: http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...862905,00.html

shame.

ReputationRep:
    shame? Not at all, excellent player and if the club fail to sort out a new contract for him there will rightly be an uproar from the supporters.

ReputationRep:
    the supporters lose confidence in him by the game sadly. i get really nervous when i see Joe Cole on the starting line up for a match nowadays.

ReputationRep:
    Is he that good now? How much better is he than Deco in recent times? Some players may be unfairly advantaged in supporters' eyes because either he's English or one of 'us'.

ReputationRep:
    I don't. I know there's much more to come from him once he regains his full fitness and confidence. Yes, it's taking longer than expected but as supporters we should stick by him and support him through the tougher times in his Chelsea career.

Both Joey Cole and Deco have been as unimpressive as eachother this season. But the likes of Ballack, Lampard, Essien, Mikel, Terry, Ashley Cole, Carvalho, Cech have hardly peaked consistently either.

Unfairly disadvantaged? Not at all, he's popular because he's given his all in a Chelsea shirt and he's given us some excellent performances down the years, and has fully earned his reputation.

ReputationRep:
    thanx>>>>>>>>

ReputationRep:
    Am I right in saying if Burkina Faso draw/win against Ghana and they take second spot?

ReputationRep:
    Yes.

Reckon we'll go with the diamond today, despite our last match showing how well we play with width :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Just noticed that Stoch has 10 goals for FC Twente this season. Pretty impressive. Has anyone seen him play for Twente so far?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Isometrix)
    Yes.

Reckon we'll go with the diamond today, despite our last match showing how well we play with width :sigh:
    Well it's Joey Cole vs Sturridge for a spot in the starting line up, and I can certainly see us picking the former with Sturridge to come on in the second half.

Stoch has had an impressive loan spell at Twente - how he does in the second half of the season will be far more interesting though. Most of his goals have been shots from outside the box and he's formed an excellent partnership with N'Kufo and Ruiz and he's been playing in the AML position.

That said, I really don't rate the Dutch leagues highly anymore.

ReputationRep:
    Today Ancelotti will have to disappoint one or two players who would like, and may be expecting a start. One could be Daniel Sturridge, the other between Alex and Ricardo Carvalho who have both staked a claim to partner John Terry in central defence.

Elsewhere, the coach has his line-up pretty well sorted, with his list of names revealing another start in midfield for Juliano Belletti, and Florent Malouda and Joe Cole expected instead of young striker Sturridge.

'Cech, Ivanovic right-back, Terry, Ashley Cole, Ballack, Belletti, Lampard, Anelka. I think Joe Cole, Malouda, Anelka,' Ancelotti said.
    Cech
    Ivanovic Carvalho Terry A.Cole
    Ballack Belletti Lampard
    J.Cole....Anelka....Malouda

looks alright. good to see the 4-3-3 back

ReputationRep:
    Hope Alex starts ahead of Carvalho, with the exception of the matches against the "big four", Carvalho's been rubbish this season.

Might be a 4-3-3, or could be a 'christmas tree'.

ReputationRep:
    NO. Sturridge needs to start ffs.

In my fantasy team, so get him on there.

ReputationRep:
    Better putting Anelka upfront for today for your fantasy team, think he scored a hatrick in last years fixture at home to Sunderland. 5-0 the final result. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Another one of these please :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cfc1992)
    Better putting Anelka upfront for today for your fantasy team, think he scored a hatrick in last years fixture at home to Sunderland. 5-0 the final result. :yes:
    Too expensive compared to Sturridge (who I just thought would play and maybe scrabble a goal or an assist).

Anelka is also half the player without Dogbert.

ReputationRep:
    FFS. Kakuta tbh.

We need to BOBBLE our way to the title. Bobble I say.

ReputationRep:
    Good to see the 4-3-3. Think the sub bench is spot on other than Alex instead of Carvalho. Two defenders, two midfielders and two strikers.

Cana at CB...

ReputationRep:
    Very close to scoring Joey Cole, both his touches were poor though. Anelka, Joey and Malouda are going to be excellent today, I can sense it! Plus we've got the good old Ashley Cole, Lampard and Malouda connection going on.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.