Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Chelsea F.C. Society II watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JClive)
    Highlights of the game:

Iplayer

Glad we actually got some luck against Everton, would be nice if Carling Cup was 1st trophy this season, depends who we draw next round though...
    It won't let me watch it. Meh, yes, but it's going to be a hard draw, especially given that both Manchester clubs, Arsenal and Liverpool all remain in the competition. The best scenario would be that some of those teams get drawn against each other....

ReputationRep:
    Think everyone is taking the Carling Cup seriously this year, no one has fielded youth teams yet and usually it's either second string or a mix of players.

Guess we'll find out on Saturday how many big teams are going to get knocked out before the semis..

ReputationRep:
    Not much discussion regarding Terry's alleged racist remarks...

I've tried accessing youtube videos of the alleged incident but the video has been blocked. FFS.

Anyone shed any light on this? Is Terry in deep poo for this, is the video coverage pretty damning and clear as to what happened and was said?

I'm afraid the lad will always court controversy, on field and off field - regardless of this latest controversy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Is Terry in deep poo for this, is the video coverage pretty damning and clear as to what happened and was said?
    Nope.

And Anton Ferdinand has not yet admitted any such remark was made.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, both clubs and players really don't want this escalated.

The media however, are complete *******s.

ReputationRep:
    The buyout was rejected...... as for saying the media are ***** wrt Terry, there are some very balanced pieces out there about it. And it's Ferdinand that pursued the case, tbf.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevmeister)
    The buyout was rejected...... as for saying the media are ***** wrt Terry, there are some very balanced pieces out there about it. And it's Ferdinand that pursued the case, tbf.
    Fair enough, but I still feel that if this had happened to someone else, we would be barely hearing about it :/

This doesn't do Chelsea or JT any favours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Fair enough, but I still feel that if this had happened to someone else, we would be barely hearing about it :/
    LOL. Did you miss the last week of 'SUAREZ IS A RACIST COZ HE HANDLED THE BALL AGAINST GHANA'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L18)
    LOL. Did you miss the last week of 'SUAREZ IS A RACIST COZ HE HANDLED THE BALL AGAINST GHANA'
    Lol?

I heard about him and Evra, but as soon as JT came onto the scene, I haven't heard anything on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)
    Lol?

I heard about him and Evra, but as soon as JT came onto the scene, I haven't heard anything on that.
    That's because it happened 2 weeks ago now, and Evra doesn't have any evidence or witnesses.

ReputationRep:
    No Chelsea fans been to stamford bridge then to give advice to a fellow london neighbour visiting this weekend? if i get attacked wearing my arsenal shirt and going in the wrong pub i shall blame this society.

(Original post by L18)
    Didn't you hear, Theirry Henry is also racist for hand balling against the Irish.

ReputationRep:
    All the "evidence" there is, is a youtube video showing him mouth words, some of which obscured by Ashley Cole.

And yet this is enough for basically all of the newspapers and a load of "pundits" and ex-players to come out and suggest that Terry should be:

- Stripped of English captaincy
    - Stripped of Chelsea captaincy
    - Suspended indefinitely until situation is resolved
    - Arrested
    - Sold

(I've seen them all on various news websites).

And of course the media and the internet stirrers just love using the "he's got previous with Ledley King" to back themselves up, because of course he was already proved to be a racist wasn't he? Oh wait..no..there was nothing in that either. All that happened there was Terry was sent off, people presumed for something he said because it wasn't an obvious decision, and because King is black then they assume it was something racist. World class journalism as usual.

But it's to be expected. The English media absolutely love these sensational stories about English players, regardless of the facts, or that people should be innocent until proven guilty, they'll just keep on printing **** and suggesting ****, to get their papers sold, clicks on their websites and people following their stupid tweets.

**** the truth. The truth doesn't sell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OceanInTheSky)
    All the "evidence" there is, is a youtube video showing him mouth words,
    Yeah,

Racist words.

Or have you forgotton his last racist onslaught against ledley king a few years ago, where he was sent off?

Hope we smash you lot tomorrow, ill be there to savour it

ReputationRep:
    All the "evidence" there is, is a youtube video showing him mouth words, some of which obscured by Ashley Cole.

And yet this is enough for basically all of the newspapers and a load of "pundits" and ex-players to come out and suggest that Terry should be:

- Stripped of English captaincy
    - Stripped of Chelsea captaincy
    - Suspended indefinitely until situation is resolved
    - Arrested
    - Sold

(I've seen them all on various news websites).

And of course the media and the internet stirrers just love using the "he's got previous with Ledley King" to back themselves up, because of course he was already proved to be a racist wasn't he? Oh wait..no..there was nothing in that either. All that happened there was Terry was sent off, people presumed for something he said because it wasn't an obvious decision, and because King is black then they assume it was something racist. World class journalism as usual.

But it's to be expected. The English media absolutely love these sensational stories about English players, regardless of the facts, or that people should be innocent until proven guilty, they'll just keep on printing **** and suggesting ****, to get their papers sold, clicks on their websites and people following their stupid tweets.

**** the truth. The truth doesn't sell.
    Exactly.

Anyway this thread is getting slightly off topic, so...

What are your predictions for the game tomorrow?

I think 4-0 if our defence holds.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    Yeah,

Racist words.

Or have you forgotton his last racist onslaught against ledley king a few years ago, where he was sent off?

Hope we smash you lot tomorrow, ill be there to savour it
    lol, exactly my point proven again there by another idiot.

"his last racist onslaught"? Do you have any actual evidence to back that up? or just rumours? Show me where he was charged with anything or keep it zipped.

ReputationRep:
    Aww poor Arsenal fans...

>.>

ReputationRep:
    lol, exactly my point proven again there by another idiot.

"his last racist onslaught"? Do you have any actual evidence to back that up? or just rumours? Show me where he was charged with anything or keep it zipped.
    I didnt read your post up to where you mentioned it cause it bored me so much.

Anyone who backs the guy is an absoloute mug, hes a horrible piece of work,

at least one man was brave enough to kick racism out of football

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by USB)

I think 4-0 if our defence holds.
    Yeah.

It wont.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bear_Grylls)
    I didnt read your post up to where you mentioned it cause it bored me so much.

Anyone who backs the guy is an absoloute mug, hes a horrible piece of work,

at least one man was brave enough to kick racism out of football

Up to you, if you want to be one of those morons who only reads the rumours and jumps to conclusions. Good luck with that.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: March 15, 2012
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.